How bout that Vegas hockey team eh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just wanted to say how damn ecstatic I am to have a home team in the city of dreams. Sucks that I'm going to have to drop my Kings, but on the plus side I'll be able to spin down the road from my house to watch them practice.

I have always liked Perron, solid forward, but curious to hear all you Blues fans' takes on the dude when you get a moment.

Oh and btw I'm thinking the first game I attend will be the Saturday game in Vegas versus guess who? Yeah, the Blues, who will probably mangle the new kids on the block lol.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Perron is a good second-line winger. Can play right or left. Good shot, a bit of a pest, had forty points for us last year.

I'd hope that the Blues mangle Vegas. If they don't, I might consider their season over before it starts.

Vegas has shit defense, a good goalie in MAF, but they have a ton of draft picks. And there's still free agency to consider.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@Merlin Vegas made good on their draft as well. Cody Glass is a solid player, arguably a top five pick. Nick Suzuki is a dynamite playmaker. And Brannstrom is Erik Karlsson-lite. You had a hell of a first round, and you're not finished yet.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah pretty happy with the draft. I don't normally look past round 2 or maybe 3 with the NHL prospects, but they loaded up really well. Glass in particular was an inspired pick.

Want to guess who I wanted them to pick at 15? Klim Kostin lol. Who you bastids got. I was pi$$ed when the Blues swooped in to get him with the last pick of the round, guys like him are the ones who get teams through tough playoff series.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
So Merlin -- when the Kings roll in to Vegas for a game against the Golden Knights, where will your loyalties lie?

BTW, I think the biggest coup the VGK made was landing Gerard Gallant as their HC. I think the Panthers messed up big-time when they fired him during last season. As long as their ownership/GM braintrust are in place, the Panthers will be a dysfunctional shit show.

Gallant is a good coach who got a raw deal at his last gig -- I think Vegas is in good hands.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well figured I'd drop in and note that Gallant is puttin on a damn clinic. These guys have by far exceeded my expectations, it's ridiculous how good they are for an expac team.

Trying to figure out how the Bluejackets missed on Karlsson, kid's got some damn game since Gallant moved him to center.

Anyway don't think it's going to continue, but then again I keep underestimating these guys and they keep winning holy crap.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Merlin -- when the Kings roll in to Vegas for a game against the Golden Knights, where will your loyalties lie?

BTW, I think the biggest coup the VGK made was landing Gerard Gallant as their HC. I think the Panthers messed up big-time when they fired him during last season. As long as their ownership/GM braintrust are in place, the Panthers will be a dysfunctional crap show.

Gallant is a good coach who got a raw deal at his last gig -- I think Vegas is in good hands.

Damn didn't see this post before sorry man. I've been pulling for the VGK, miss some of the Kings stuff and whatnot but it's just really nice to have a team down the street.

Oh and btw for any of you on twitter, the VGK account is a great follow. Here's a recent example lol:

View: https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/938303062455803905