How about the O-line next yr??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PreshusRoy

UDFA
As much as we discuss the QB situation, we never talk about the OL. Here's how I see it...

LT G Rob
LG Saffold
C Barrett Jones
RG Draft pick or Jake Long?
RT Barksdale

Thoughts???

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I like Jones, but haven't seen anything from him. So we should at least draft another C for insurance. And yes, draft another G, I don't' see Jake Long on the team or able to play a different position at his age.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I was rightly afraid about this line going into the season and I was right. I think we're second in most sacks allowed. there needs to be some serious investment on the line this offseason both in the draft and FA and need at least 2 solid backups. tell Sam all his restructured money is going to the Oline and I'm sure he'll give it up quick.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have a hard time seeing a healthy Jake Long at guard, much less one that's been injured as much as he has. I think the team would be better served on the field and on the payroll with a quality draft pick in that position. I would be willing to consider a FA in that position if it's a quality guy, relatively young and mostly (if not completely) injury free. One thing this OL needs more than anything is something we haven't had in years - good health across the board. It's not coincidence that during the GSOT years the OL was blessed with very good health (e.g., 79 of 80 possible starts made in '99).

I hope Jones can develop into a starting C. I've heard he's a pretty smart guy and thus has probably has the smarts to make the line calls that Wells makes now.

As for Saffold, I'd like to see him move back to RG next to Barksdale.

iced

Not quite sure what to think of Jake Long - I think there's a 70% chance he's let go in the off season, but I can also see scenarios where he stays as well (depending upon his rehab). His contract is already tailored for injury so that's not really a worry to me - I'm only worried if Robinson can play well consistently enough at LT. He's not there yet

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was rightly afraid about this line going into the season and I was right. I think we're second in most sacks allowed. there needs to be some serious investment on the line this offseason both in the draft and FA and need at least 2 solid backups. tell Sam all his restructured money is going to the Oline and I'm sure he'll give it up quick.

Let's use a little bit of it to keep Kenny Britt in horns as well. I'm sure Sam would have no problem with that.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
There will be a couple of guards available in free agency.I would love to get Mike Lupati from SF at 27 he is in his prime and it would weaken a division rival.These are the type of moves that need to be made to fix that line once and for all.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Let's use a little bit of it to keep Kenny Britt in horns as well. I'm sure Sam would have no problem with that.
that's a given definitely. if Bradford stays on his feet and the line holds then Britt will break 1,000 yards easy. hes ready to break out you can see it he just needs an arm to get it to him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As much as we discuss the QB situation, we never talk about the OL. Here's how I see it...

LT G Rob
LG Saffold -I prefer him at RG
C Barrett Jones - I don't know if he's the answer
RG Draft pick or Jake Long -He probably should retire
RT Barksdale

Thoughts???
This Line is going to need a lot of work, in the off-season! JMO

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Yeah I think the O Line is our biggest offseason project. We obviously need more LB and a QB but we have to go heavy on the O Line this draft. Last year we went heavy on the secondary, I think the secondary is getting solidified as the young guys get experience.

LB is a need but it's easier to get LB than it is to get OL in my opinion.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Need to put at least a couple draft picks into it. No more free agents, that's gone poorly.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

LT G Rob
LG Saffold
C Barrett Jones
RG Draft pick or Jake Long?
RT Barksdale

Thoughts???
We talk about it every week. Where have you been? Oh wait...welcome to the board.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta draft an OL in the 1st or 2nd round. I like Scherff or T.J. Clemming in the 1st or A.J. Cann in the 2nd. We need an OG. I don't know if we need a Center because they won't play Barrett Jones. I'll leave that up to the Rams. We also need a good backup OL behind Saffold.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Need to put at least a couple draft picks into it. No more free agents, that's gone poorly.
I agree but as long as injury history and age meet the criteria i think adding a FA vet up front would be advantageous.
Wells appeared to be a nice pickup, but i was not as excited about adding J.Long as many other fans were. He was an "old" 27 when we signed him and i said as much.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I guess I'm one of the few that agrees with Amitar, Barksdale is durable which is great and a decent run blocker but he's a liability in pass pro. If the goal is to keep Bradford or whoever else starts a QB healthy, why sign someone who struggles in pass pro to a long term deal ?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I guess I'm one of the few that agrees with Amitar, Barksdale is durable which is great and a decent run blocker but he's a liability in pass pro. If the goal is to keep Bradford or whoever else starts a QB healthy, why sign someone who struggles in pass pro to a long term deal ?
That's basically all I'm saying too.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I agree but as long as injury history and age meet the criteria i think adding a FA vet up front would be advantageous.
Wells appeared to be a nice pickup, but i was not as excited about adding J.Long as many other fans were. He was an "old" 27 when we signed him and i said as much.

As long as they aren't too old, have too much of an injury history, and won't break the bank, that's fine by me. Usually though you aren't left with much at the end of that criteria, so I'm just saying no more free agents.