Home from Camp-Tuesday 7/29

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not much a talent guru and don't try to pretend to be, so this is brief and simply just a few highlights I noticed when I was watching.

It was a pretty nice size crowd and there was a good buzz from the fans. Oh, and some hoosier kept yelling for the defense to "get low and stick 'em!" and "play violent!"...kind of humorous.

Brian Quick and Kenny Britt were still running with the 1's and each had some ooohhh and aaaahhhhh moments. Britt made a sensational grab over the back of McGee (who seemed to be the guy beat often today) for a TD. Quick had a nice catch in stride over the top of the defense.

Tavon Austin also had a nice grab in traffic that he whizzed around defenders after the catch.

I tried to pay some attention to Greg Robinson today. I thought he held his own at LG but I noticed he did jump offside once or twice.

I got there right as practice was starting so I didn't get a great spot to be able to focus in on much, but what stands out to me is that I'm excited about Britt and Quick and Brandon McGee looks like he is in trouble.

FRO

Legend
Like hearing Quick and Britt looking good. With those 2 starting we will be able push the ball down the field better.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for the report

Athos

Legend
Dear god, please have Quick and Britt translate their success to Sundays. If they do, they'll make Dicky-Boy Sherman their bitch.

Please? I'll stop cursing....for 24 hours.

FRO

Legend
If this offense can come together we will be a playoff team
It really all comes down to the offensive line. If they can stay healthy and play well we are a playoff team. Too many injury prone players in the mix I fear, but at least our depth is the best it's ever been.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It really all comes down to the offensive line. If they can stay healthy and play well we are a playoff team. Too many injury prone players in the mix I fear, but at least our depth is the best it's ever been.
To me that is the key. Injuries are going to happen somewhere...at least now it seems the Rams have lots of people in waiting at most positions.

lockdnram21

Legend

you sure are right thats probably why they were interestedin tradeing back into the first for that ol that went to dallas cant think of his name right now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That "get low and stick'm" guy is there every year apparently. I hear about this cat all the time.

TexRamFan

Rookie
It was a pretty nice size crowd and there was a good buzz from the fans. Oh, and some hoosier kept yelling for the defense to "get low and stick 'em!" and "play violent!"...kind of humorous.

Thanks for the update!

This is something I have been wondering about since I cannot attend any of the training camps. For those who have attended camp so-far this year how do the turnouts seem compared to previous years?

Its great to hear there appears to be buzz. I would love nothing more than the momentum of a good buzz to carry over to the regular season leading to an improved attendance and some great excitement! Not to mention an even better dome-field advantage.

FRO

Legend
That "get low and stick'm" guy is there every year apparently. I hear about this cat all the time.
And the players laugh at him. What posses a grown man to do that?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the update!

This is something I have been wondering about since I cannot attend any of the training camps. For those who have attended camp so-far this year how do the turnouts seem compared to previous years?

Its great to hear there appears to be buzz. I would love nothing more than the momentum of a good buzz to carry over to the regular season leading to an improved attendance and some great excitement! Not to mention an even better dome-field advantage.
Something that I find funny at both camp and at games is listening to people that you can tell are definitely fans, but aren't the same kind of fans/nuts we are that spend time on these forums. You hear conversations about players, coaches, strategies, how the team is built, etc and you can tell they are excited but there are just some things they have no insight on but still give their 2 cents. I overheard a couple guys talking about how Steven Jackson was a lot better than he got credit for because he played on bad teams, especially the offensive lines he had. Yeah, I totally agree with that...but then I heard one of them say he was better than Marshal Faulk because Faulk was only so good because his offensive line opened holes a truck could fit through...:snicker::snicker::snicker:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah, a few other fans were talking about him and one guy said he usually gets asked to leave by the 3rd or 4th practice.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Something that I find funny at both camp and at games is listening to people that you can tell are definitely fans, but aren't the same kind of fans/nuts we are that spend time on these forums. You hear conversations about players, coaches, strategies, how the team is built, etc and you can tell they are excited but there are just some things they have no insight on but still give their 2 cents. I overheard a couple guys talking about how Steven Jackson was a lot better than he got credit for because he played on bad teams, especially the offensive lines he had. Yeah, I totally agree with that...but then I heard one of them say he was better than Marshal Faulk because Faulk was only so good because his offensive line opened holes a truck could fit through...:snicker::snicker::snicker:

Funny.....And very true (not the Faulk/Jackson comment). I can only imagine you will here more and more conversations like this as this team continues to improve and more and more fans come back that have been away during the dark times.

FRO

Legend
Yeah I think us that post about the Rams on message boards every day of the year may have something wrong with us. That being said Jackson is no Faulk.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
"Get low and stick 'em"
That should be on Rams Training Camp T-shirts... just because its fun.
Ive heard that guy a few times before.... eventually you start looking forward to hearing it...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah I think us that post about the Rams on message boards every day of the year may have something wrong with us. That being said Jackson is no Faulk.
I can't get enough of Rams chat...but yes, I sometimes think to myself how much better my time could be spent...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey man, great read. You don't have to be some"talent guru" to tell what you see...It's good to get reports, it's better to get reports from different sources. Then when I see for myself, I can begin to form an opinion....One day doesn't make a player...neither does one report. Several days & reports, ok, sounds like confirmation....thanks for sharing what you saw.....

Oh, oooh, question, was any DB standing out to you? Anybody get their hands on some balls?