Hogs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This is why, though I fully understood the want for Watkins or Evans, I wanted either Robinson or Matthews with our first pick. I hate to bring up the patsies but you watch the kind of time that O-line gives Brady in MOST games and it is to be envied by every QB in the league. What was different in the SBs against the Giants? No time to set and scan the field. It's not like the Giants offense was the reason. They hurried and harried Brady all game long in both wins. And what did the shecocks do last SB to the best QB in the league? Even though Peyton needs no where near as much time to throw as Brady, they were constantly in his face. If your D-line can get consistent pressure and your O-line can prevent consistent pressure, I think you will always have the edge in a game.

That ^^^. The man knoweth what he be sayineth.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Lolz. Watkins hasn't caught a single ball in the NFL, yet you declare that GRob has to be an all pro to justify that he is the better pro?? I mean, I get that you like Watkins...so do I, but this is flawed logic.
What Im saying is that if Robinson ends up being just good and not great then he was not worth passing Watkins for.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What Im saying is that if Robinson ends up being just good and not great then he was not worth passing Watkins for.

And I am saying that is an absurd comment considering we have no idea yet what type of player Watkins (or GRob for that matter) will be at this level. If you are saying we could have traded this years #2 pick for Aaron Rogers, but took Robinson instead, your statement would have merit.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just reminded of two things:

Phil Simms looked bad until he had a great O line. Result: Super Bowl passing record for completion percentage.

Brady undefeated until the Giants were all over his ass.
Result: Super Bowl loss for the Cheatriots.

Fish is building this team right. He is doing it his way without a cheap-ass owner like Bud Adams to hold him back. This team will be his crowning achievement.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
See - the problem is that you are automatically holding Robinson to a higher standard than Watkins. If Watkins has a Probowl year and Robinson does not, your argument BEGINS to have merit. If our receivers do well and Robinson has a good year, how would Watkins have been the better choice?