Hogs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Everyone keeps talking about Bradford and I realize his is a key, BUT, what really wins games in the NFL (or any league) is domination of the line of scrimmage. We (Fisher) have built both lines. Everyone is talking about the D line and I agree they will/should be awesome, BUT, the O line is shaping up to be something special! I'm excited!!!

MFaulk107

The Realness
Oh of course! If Peyton or Rodgers had terrible lines, they would have plenty of trouble showing how great they are.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Oh of course! If Peyton or Rodgers had terrible lines, they would have plenty of trouble showing how great they are.

Except Rodgers does have and has had a bad line for most of his career haha. I think Brady would be a better choice over Rodgers. Peyton and Brady would struggle without their o-lines.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Everyone keeps talking about Bradford and I realize his is a key, BUT, what really wins games in the NFL (or any league) is domination of the line of scrimmage. We (Fisher) have built both lines. Everyone is talking about the D line and I agree they will/should be awesome, BUT, the O line is shaping up to be something special! I'm excited!!!
This is why, though I fully understood the want for Watkins or Evans, I wanted either Robinson or Matthews with our first pick. I hate to bring up the patsies but you watch the kind of time that O-line gives Brady in MOST games and it is to be envied by every QB in the league. What was different in the SBs against the Giants? No time to set and scan the field. It's not like the Giants offense was the reason. They hurried and harried Brady all game long in both wins. And what did the shecocks do last SB to the best QB in the league? Even though Peyton needs no where near as much time to throw as Brady, they were constantly in his face. If your D-line can get consistent pressure and your O-line can prevent consistent pressure, I think you will always have the edge in a game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You mean like Peyton in the SB? In this case, Rodgers might have the upper hand due to his ability to stand in the pocket and deliver bullets while still having the ability to scramble far better than the likes of Peyton or Brady. But Brady was exposed in both SBs against the Giants. No time and he's really nothing special.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dude, you do know it's all about the defense's successes outweighing Bradford's successes, right?

MFaulk107

The Realness
Except Rodgers does have and has had a bad line for most of his career haha. I think Brady would be a better choice over Rodgers. Peyton and Brady would struggle without their o-lines.
Your right, I just dislike Brady n try to keep that name out of my mouth and on the screen.

MFaulk107

The Realness
You mean like Peyton in the SB? In this case, Rodgers might have the upper hand due to his ability to stand in the pocket and deliver bullets while still having the ability to scramble far better than the likes of Peyton or Brady. But Brady was exposed in both SBs against the Giants. No time and he's really nothing special.
Very true. All though I'd take Manning over Rodgers any day.

If that super bowl was played over that would NOT have happened. The O just wasn't clicking while the D was.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Very true. All though I'd take Manning over Rodgers any day.

If that super bowl was played over that would NOT have happened. The O just wasn't clicking while the D was.
Right now? I'm not sure I would. Tough choice though.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't think Rodgers does his offensive line any favors. He sure does take his time finding a receiver. The reason Rodgers is sacked so much is because he holds on to the ball too long. He's patient with the ball, maybe too patient.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a great nickname for Robinson: "IHOP!"

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Robinson better be the real deal, like all pro real deal, to have made him worth passing on Watkins for. If the offensive line can stay healthy it will be a very good line.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Robinson better be the real deal, like all pro real deal, to have made him worth passing on Watkins for. If the offensive line can stay healthy it will be a very good line.

Coach Bou hasn't given us reason to doubt him yet. I trust his insight had a lot to do with this pick, and I trust what he sees.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Lolz. Watkins hasn't caught a single ball in the NFL, yet you declare that GRob has to be an all pro to justify that he is the better pro?? I mean, I get that you like Watkins...so do I, but this is flawed logic.

Last edited: