HOF Announcement today!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
First-year eligible linebacker Junior Seau was elected to the Hall of Fame, along with running back Jerome Bettis, defensive end Charles Haley, guard Will Shields and wide receiver Tim Brown.

They’ll be joined this summer by seniors nominee Mick Tingelhoff and contributor candidates Bill Polian and Ron Wolf, who were chosen in separate up-down votes which required at least 80 percent to be elected.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

And now JT is saying Pace and Warner were shut out.

That's disappointing.

First-year eligible linebacker Junior Seau was elected to the Hall of Fame, along with running back Jerome Bettis, defensive end Charles Haley, guard Will Shields and wide receiver Tim Brown.

They’ll be joined this summer by seniors nominee Mick Tingelhoff and contributor candidates Bill Polian and Ron Wolf, who were chosen in separate up-down votes which required at least 80 percent to be elected.

Wow. That is shocking. I guess the only good part is the possibility that Holt, Warner, and Pace could all go in next year. Very disappointing though.:unsure:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Smh. I can understand Kurt missing out, but Big O missing out is a bit of a shock

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Kurt Warner falls short of Hall of Fame in 1st year of eligibility
1397868461000-Somers-Kent.png
Kent Somers, azcentral sports6:47 p.m. MST January 31, 2015
TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Throughout Kurt Warner's football career, nothing of significance happened in a timely, predictable fashion.

So it probably shouldn't be a surprise that the former Cardinals quarterback wasn't chosen for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility.

Warner made it to the final 10 of modern-day candidates during the selection process on Saturday. That's no small achievement and an indication that he will one day be inducted.

The Hall of Fame's 46-member selection committee met for nearly nine hours in downtown Phoenix and settled on the following five modern-day players: running back Jerome Bettis, receiver Tim Brown, defensive end Charles Haley, linebacker Junior Seau and guard Will Shields.

MORE: Kurt Warner's take on Super Bowl XLIX

Warner's story is among the best in the history of stories, not just football. He didn't make an NFL roster until age 27, after spending time in the Arena League and NFL Europe. At one point, he worked at a Hy-Vee grocery store to make ends meet.

He became an NFL starter for the first time in 1999 only after Trent Green suffered an injury in preseason.

Warner twice was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player and led two franchises, the Rams and Cardinals, to three Super Bowls. Along the way, he lost starting jobs with the Rams, Giants and Cardinals before finishing his career by helping Arizona win consecutive NFC West titles in 2008-09. They were the team's first division titles since 1975.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-of-fame-in-1st-year-of-eligibility/22665639/

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Junior Seau, Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Charles Haley and Will Shields Bill Polian and Ron Wolf, Mick Tingelhoff.

Five nominees were eliminated in the final vote from 10 to 5: Tony Dungy, Kevin Greene, Marvin Harrison, Orlando Pace and Kurt Warner.

Morten Andersen, Terrell Davis, John Lynch and coaches Don Coryell and Jimmy Johnson were cut from 15 to 10.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What on earth did bettis do that was hof worthy? He was a good rb with a long career but nothing he did made me go wow. Terrell Davis was much better than him. The committee seems fixated on the length of career instead of the actual play on the field.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Will fucking Shields over Pace?? Get a rope...

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
The committee probably just said F it and pass all the old guys that keep reappearing on the ballot every year (With the exception of Seau).
Pace is as good if not better then Shields.
Holt, Bruce, and Harrison are all better then Brown.
Warner's spot was given to Bettis.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Wow. That is shocking. I guess the only good part is the possibility that Holt, Warner, and Pace could all go in next year. Very disappointing though.:unsure:
I can't see Warner going in next year and stealing any of the spotlight from the thrower of the most interceptions in NFL history in Brett Favre who will be a true slam dunk. I truly believe Warner will go the way of the dinosaur. Just another good story as far as those 46 voters see. I know a few of those voters that are quite a joke and just call me bitter but who picks the voters? Warner won't show any open discouragement as we all know he has had to fight harder every step of what he's gotten in his life and football career. No shock here. Thanks for our WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP man in a team game. I bought plenty of the white leather World Champions hats to last me till I die. They're all I wear. I really wanted that 1st Ballot HOF and every other 2 X MVP has gone in 1st ballot.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I can't see Warner going in next year and stealing any of the spotlight from the thrower of the most interceptions in NFL history in Brett Favre who will be a true slam dunk. I truly believe Warner will go the way of the dinosaur. Just another good story as far as those 46 voters see. I know a few of those voters that are quite a joke and just call me bitter but who picks the voters? Warner won't show any open discouragement as we all know he has had to fight harder every step of what he's gotten in his life and football career. No shock here. Thanks for our WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP man in a team game. I bought plenty of the white leather World Champions hats to last me till I die. They're all I wear. I really wanted that 1st Ballot HOF and every other 2 X MVP has gone in 1st ballot.
Warner has good shot next year, and if not in 2017. Warner made the final 10 this year. So when you add in Favre and Terrell Owens (who will make Final 15 but will not be forst-ballot) the next five were Warner, Pace, Harrison, Greene, and Dungy

Next year's class has a good chance of being Favre, Warner, Pace, Harrison and Greene as the 5 modern-day guys.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu

Crap; completely forgot that Favre has been out for 4 years now. I'm sure NFL network will be touching themselves at the fact that they will get to say his name again.
Maybe he'll come out of "retirement." :rolleyes:

Lesson

Oh, really?
I'm really pissed about Pace not getting in. I think he should have gone in before Bettis.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The selection committee dropped the ball.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Aaron Rodgers is 2014 NFL MVP.
Really hoped J.J. Watt would win it.
This league is rigged...