Hill still starter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I agree with that too.

You can't over react or you will have to answer the same question next week if Davis loses to Dallas.

This won't be popular but I like Hill's game better than Davis as far as challenging the defense down the field.

Now if you want to argue that the OL simply can;t hold up and we need a guy who can run for his life then we can have that conversation.
The OL ... and I have been banging this drum since PS, is gonna be the bane of this team.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree with the decision.
Hill is the starter.
That said, happy for Davis. He certainly has taken the long road to seeing the field and he proves today he can compete in the NFL.
Well done Austin Davis.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
How nice is it for us to be able to debate this this year? Last year and it was Clemens and Davis sure wasn't ready!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I still like Hill but I wouldn't play him until he is completely healed or Davis is dead! More time with the number ones might make Davis a viable QB.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not to be "that guy" but if Davis get's showcased in a few games and looks good, the Rams may have gained an offseason asset.

RamBill

Legend
Davis shines but Fisher says Hill still starter
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...vis-shines-but-fisher-says-hill-still-starter

TAMPA, Fla. -- Observed and heard in the locker room after the St. Louis Rams' 19-17 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

" Rams coach Jeff Fisher had plenty of options when handing out the game ball after his team's first victory, but he opted for quarterback Austin Davis, who finished 22-of-29 for 235 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions for a passer rating of 99.1 in his first NFL start. Fisher pointed to Davis' poise as a primary reason for Davis' initial success, a trait apparent as he converted a pair of third downs on the winning drive with clutch throws.

" Davis' performance was enough to have many wondering whether he'd done enough to earn another start regardless of the status of veteran Shaun Hill's injured thigh. Fisher quickly put those thoughts to rest after the game.

"No, when Shaun comes back, he's our starter," Fisher said. "I'm really proud of Austin but Shaun's our starter."

" Receiver Tavon Austin left the game in the second quarter with an apparent knee injury just before a 51-minute lightning delay. When the team returned to begin warming up, Austin gave it a go but ultimately did not return. Fisher said Austin will have further tests on the knee Monday morning.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
We know what Shaun Hill is. We don't know what Davis is, but we like what we see so far. So why not stick with Davis just to see if he's the real deal or not? The Rams won with Davis under center today. You don't mess with momentum. Keep it rolling.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We know what Shaun Hill is. We don't know what Davis is, but we like what we see so far. So why not stick with Davis just to see if he's the real deal or not? The Rams won with Davis under center today. You don't mess with momentum. Keep it rolling.

Hill did beat him out. I see both arguments and think both are fair. Personally, I don't know what I'd do. I guess I'd see where Hill is at with the injury. If he's not 100%, I'd start Davis. If he is, I'd give Hill the shot and have Davis ready if Hill falters.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hill did beat him out. I see both arguments and think both are fair. Personally, I don't know what I'd do. I guess I'd see where Hill is at with the injury. If he's not 100%, I'd start Davis. If he is, I'd give Hill the shot and have Davis ready if Hill falters.
I just read that Hill is still day to day this coming week, so it doesn't sound like he's a shoe-in.

"At no point was there a chance for Shaun to start. ... It couldn't have worked out better for him," Fisher said. "Again, he'll be day to day next week. This week really helped him, and another week will significantly help him put this thing behind him."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just read that Hill is still day to day this coming week, so it doesn't sound like he's a shoe-in.

"At no point was there a chance for Shaun to start. ... It couldn't have worked out better for him," Fisher said. "Again, he'll be day to day next week. This week really helped him, and another week will significantly help him put this thing behind him."

Yea. If he's still not fully healthy, I'd give Davis is another shot vs. Dallas. And...might even let him earn the starting job if he has another strong game. But I can understand why Fisher would give Hill the start if he's healthy. As I said, Hill did beat out Davis fair and square and we can't just assume Hill wouldn't have done well against Tampa Bay in the same circumstances.

That all said, I would love to see what we have in Austin Davis. Especially after the way he seemed to go into Tebow mode in crunch time. :LOL: :censored:

TShram03

UDFA
I agree with that too.

You can't over react or you will have to answer the same question next week if Davis loses to Dallas.

This won't be popular but I like Hill's game better than Davis as far as challenging the defense down the field.

Now if you want to argue that the OL simply can;t hold up and we need a guy who can run for his life then we can have that conversation.

^ This ^

The OLine, sadly, still worries me. I hope my concerns prove to be unwarranted after 16 games.

Good effort in the run-game today. Sustained weight on that Buc D for 4 quarters. Kept AD relatively clean. Keep building on this against a vulnerable Dallas D. Gonna have to help the defense in week 3, I know that.

Rambition

Rookie
he's just staying the course. nothing wrong with that...i appreciate davis' performance, but one game filling in shouldn't alter the landscape to that extent. i'm glad fisher is sticking with hill.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Good. While Davis played remarkably well last week, I still am of the opinion that this team's best chance of winning this season involves Shaun Hill.