Hey Dieterbrock.....how's the view under that bus?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Wondering if you wanted to respond to ED tossing you under the bus in the Hard Knocks episode 3 exchange with Mike Singletary? It was just a quick comment, but seeing as you are here....what say you? :boxing::popcorn:

Psycho_X

Legend
What is this? I'm totally confused

Referring to Eric Dickerson telling Mike Singeltary that if the Rams had any kind of Quarterback worth a crap back when they played them they might have had a better chance against them. This is paraphrasing but was the basics of it... was a quick comment he made on Hard Knocks while the two watched Goff throw some nice balls.

However, him directing it as if Dieter Brock himself was going to read it here is a bit confusing lol. Maybe he's a member and I just don't know? /shrug

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
He is referring to when (on this week's Hard Knocks episode) ED said to Singletary, he wished had Goff when they (Rams) played the Bears in the NFC Championship game (which happened in 1986, I believe).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not going to make time to watch any of that show.

I don't like reality shows anyway. Plus you should see the woman I am dating. I've much better things to do LOL.

JRobinson

MiLB

I don't like reality shows anyway. Plus you should see the woman I am dating. I've much better things to do LOL.

To bad bro. It's more than just reality tv. It's having the opportunity to see who these men are as people and teammates. You spend time watching a 3 hour game on Sunday, so why not get to know the ones your using valuable time on? I have a beautiful wife that understands my loyalty to the Rams and she respects that.... Beautiful or not, a woman that respects what you love, and sacrifices her time with you to allow you endulge yourself.... well, she's a keeper in my mind.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

yodapic.jpg
yosemite_sam.jpg

Mick

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is this? I'm totally confused
Sorry man, just having a bit of fun...yeah, reading a post by dieterbrock, the ROD member, reminded me of that little encounter in ep. 3 of Hard Knocks. Thought I'd get his take on being scapegoated in '85. To be fair, Brock did go 10-33 in that game, for 66 yards. Yeah, it was a freezing bitch of an enviroment, but still thought it was funny when ED said that.

FrankenRam

Starter

There is no such thing as a 'reality' show. Any time someone sticks a camera in someone else's face, and the latter is aware of it, the person being filmed is no longer acting as their 'real' self. There may be a few people who are so unfazed by having a camera in their face that it doesn't change their behavior, but I'd be willing to bet those are in a very small minority.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Isn't watching NFL football, watching a reality show?

LesBaker's woman.
hgg7.jpg

JRobinson

MiLB
There is no such thing as a 'reality' show. Any time someone sticks a camera in someone else's face, and the latter is aware of it, the person being filmed is no longer acting as their 'real' self. There may be a few people who are so unfazed by having a camera in their face that it doesn't change their behavior, but I'd be willing to bet those are in a very small minority.

I would agree that the majority of reality shows are somewhat a fluke. However, I honestly don't think that Hard Knocks fits that bill. Sure there are a few players that "put on a show" when the camera is on them, but I've seen so many scenes of genuine personalities. Tavon fooling around with Fisher, the scene that this topic is about, Donald and ping pong... amongst many others. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong by any means. What I'm saying is this show is less likely to have "fakers" due to the content.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Don't fall for @LesBaker 's story here guys...

His girl took the remote and had Housewives of NJ on the tube. Les watched every minute of it with her.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I sent @Selassie I a photo of her and I from the shoulders up and he asked if she was Hispanic because she has dark straight hair and dark eyes. She isn't, she's Czech. So I told him "from the back she looks Hispanic", I sent him a pic and he said "yup"

LOL....... She would work out nicely in the No Pirates Just Booty thread. :love:

Anyway, the show has some scripting and they ask the people to "give them more" or whatever, so it isn't really my cup of tea. And I get it that a lot of people like to see the players but I would be more interested in an interest story than a format like Hard Knocks. I think it's a bit too fraudulent feeling.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wondering if you wanted to respond to ED tossing you under the bus in the Hard Knocks episode 3 exchange with Mike Singletary? It was just a quick comment, but seeing as you are here....what say you? :boxing::popcorn:
Just watched this morning....
That was classic.
If we had him at QB.... If we had ANYBODY...
Hahaha

bluecoconuts

Legend
I sent @Selassie I a photo of her and I from the shoulders up and he asked if she was Hispanic because she has dark straight hair and dark eyes. She isn't, she's Czech. So I told him "from the back she looks Hispanic", I sent him a pic and he said "yup"

LOL....... She would work out nicely in the No Pirates Just Booty thread. :love:

Anyway, the show has some scripting and they ask the people to "give them more" or whatever, so it isn't really my cup of tea. And I get it that a lot of people like to see the players but I would be more interested in an interest story than a format like Hard Knocks. I think it's a bit too fraudulent feeling.

I only really care for the ingame stuff, I think it's cool to see what they do/talk about on the sidelines. Tree going ape shit and Quinn needing to calm him down, the coaches going nuts when 75 on the Chiefs went high/low on Westbrooks, that's the stuff I care about, it's actually interesting.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry man, just having a bit of fun...yeah, reading a post by dieterbrock, the ROD member, reminded me of that little encounter in ep. 3 of Hard Knocks. Thought I'd get his take on being scapegoated in '85. To be fair, Brock did go 10-33 in that game, for 66 yards. Yeah, it was a freezing bitch of an enviroment, but still thought it was funny when ED said that.

ED wasnt at his best in that game. 17-46. barry redden was 9-40. just sayin.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I only really care for the ingame stuff, I think it's cool to see what they do/talk about on the sidelines. Tree going ape crap and Quinn needing to calm him down, the coaches going nuts when 75 on the Chiefs went high/low on Westbrooks, that's the stuff I care about, it's actually interesting.

I wish there was a way for fans to get more sideline stuff during games, a lot of the time it's very cool. Sometimes it's just silly of course but a lot of the interaction is fun to see and hear. One of the cool things about an NBA game if you are close to the rim (I've been that close twice) or close to a bench (once) it's pretty cool to hear the players and coaches go back and forth with info, and other stuff. Word to the wise don't let small children sit within earshot of the rim, a lot of NSFW language goes on LOL.

FrankenRam

Starter
I would agree that the majority of reality shows are somewhat a fluke. However, I honestly don't think that Hard Knocks fits that bill. Sure there are a few players that "put on a show" when the camera is on them, but I've seen so many scenes of genuine personalities. Tavon fooling around with Fisher, the scene that this topic is about, Donald and ping pong... amongst many others. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong by any means. What I'm saying is this show is less likely to have "fakers" due to the content.

You could be right about HN. I sure dunno. But I did hear on the local ESPN station, someone recently state that most of the audience would be surprised at how much of it is rehearsed. Don't know if it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.