Hayes and Westbrooks fined

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Per Eric Branch on twitter:

#Rams Ethan Westbrooks (throwing ball at #49ers Carlos Hyde) and William Hayes (horse-collar tackle) fined $8,268 and $16,537, respectively.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Being an UDFA, I BET Westbrooks never, and I mean NEVER, gets another fine like that...Plus Fish chewed his ass pretty good on the sideline...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I hope Hayes appeals his fine. I didn't see it!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I hope Hayes appeals his fine. I didn't see it!

Yeah, he did it. Kinda. He grabbed Kaep on the inside of his shoulder pad to pull him down. It wasn't malicious and it wasn't quite in the back, but it was illegal nonetheless.

That was Ogletree. ... lol

Yep. Hopefully Ogletree comes clean and pays the man back. First round pick vs UDFA means a big difference in paychecks.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Didn't like the horse-collar flag.
Me either ,the rule was instituted to prevent being pulled down from behind and that was just another handle from the side .
My favorite quote from Marv Levy , "you over officious jerk" would have applied there (y)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Could you imagine if your job fined you everytime you messed up? The whole world would be bankrupt.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Me either ,the rule was instituted to prevent being pulled down from behind and that was just another handle from the side .
My favorite quote from Marv Levy , "you over officious jerk" would have applied there (y)
Yeah i thought it was implemented primarily to discourage neck injuries....meaning it should be called on the field when a player attempts a tackle from behind when they aren't in position to make a tackle...possibly causing injury. I didn't see that on Monday night. Oh well, doesn't matter.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah, he did it. Kinda. He grabbed Kaep on the inside of his shoulder pad to pull him down. It wasn't malicious and it wasn't quite in the back, but it was illegal nonetheless.

Yep. Hopefully Ogletree comes clean and pays the man back. First round pick vs UDFA means a big difference in paychecks.
Either that's not what Westbrooks was fined for (he got an unsportsmanlike conduct for doing something else on the same play, iirc) or Branch meant to say it was Ogletree that was fined. Can't believe the NFL would do something as stupid as fining the wrong person, that's just otherwordly levels of incompetence.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Im hoping the guy typod his name.... if they really fined the wrong player.... god help us... we are in trouble.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
...Can't believe the NFL would do something as stupid as fining the wrong person, that's just otherwordly levels of incompetence.

You know what NFL stands for, right? It's an acronym that stands for Otherworldly Levels of Incompetence.

(see what I did there?)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah i thought it was implemented primarily to discourage neck injuries....meaning it should be called on the field when a player attempts a tackle from behind when they aren't in position to make a tackle...possibly causing injury. I didn't see that on Monday night. Oh well, doesn't matter.

I always thought it was implemented to avoid leg injuries.

When you horse collar, the legs get bent backward in a very awkward way.

I had a few beers Monday night, but I seem to recall Kaepernick's legs getting bent backward.

But I retain the right to use the "too many beers' defense.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Could you imagine if your job fined you everytime you messed up? The whole world would be bankrupt.

My job fines me $216 if I fuck up. Any write up results in 3 months with no safety bonus, I have only fucked up twice in 4.5 years. That safety bonus makes the second check of the month a little bit sweeter than than the first check of the month.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Not only do they rape us with flags but they FINE US TOO!!! We are the the whipping boys of sick entertainment by forces we don't know about.

We only had one moment to laugh at them and it was called the Greatest Show on Turf.

Penguin.

Rookie
It was kinda fun almost seeing Hayes get a sack for us. Then when he grabbed the collar and yanked downwards as he was on the ground, with Kaep falling down, I began to scream at the TV.

And for fucks sake, Ethan Westbrooks has a fucking tattoo on his face. How do you mess up Ogletree, who is shorter, skinnier, and #52 compared to Westbrooks, the tattoo'd #93?

jap

Legend
And for fucks sake, Ethan Westbrooks has a freaking tattoo on his face. How do you mess up Ogletree, who is shorter, skinnier, and #52 compared to Westbrooks, the tattoo'd #93?

Referee: "All you damn Ram players look alike!!!"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I always thought it was implemented to avoid leg injuries.

When you horse collar, the legs get bent backward in a very awkward way.

I had a few beers Monday night, but I seem to recall Kaepernick's legs getting bent backward.

But I retain the right to use the "too many beers' defense.

you're correct it was put in place because horse collar tackles have blown out several guys knees over the years