Hail in Texas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I recently moved to Kerrville, Texas(yes,the illustrious home of Johnny Manziel) a couple months ago for work. At least twice since I've been here it has hailed like crazy. I knew when I moved here that the weather could get a little crazy. But I've never seen anything like what happened last night. Hail the size golf balls man.
image.jpeg

Multiple people have claimed they don't have windows on their cars or roofs on their houses.

I drive truck for Budweiser and we have chasers who basically help us unload the trucks and restock grocery stores with beer. Every single one of the company cars looked like this
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Luckily, it didn't hit our neighborhood where my girlfriend and I live. But we ended up putting towels and blankets over all our windows. We felt like a couple of regular rednecks.

Anyway, I've never experienced something like this before. Crazy night.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Those are some huge MFers. Wow.

We've experienced the same thing here in FL. It doesn't happen on the regular... but there's usually a storm or 2 a year that wipes out cars and windows in a small area. Usually the hail damage is confined to an area less than a square mile or so. We did have a storm about 13 years ago that took out an area much larger though... it was more like 10 square miles. All the cars looked like they'd been blasted by uzis. The dent removal companies had people fly in from out of state because there was so much repair work needed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
My wife is presently visiting her sister in Irvine, Texas and we've heard stories about the hail and other odd weather occurrences in that state.

In June of 98, while living here in Cumberland, MD, I was driving home on a super hot day in my Toyota Tercel with the sunroof closed. Everything got pitch dark and the hail began. This was around noon. Being from California I had never experienced this before. It turned out that a tornado was on the way. Yikes!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those are some huge MFers. Wow.

We've experienced the same thing here in FL. It doesn't happen on the regular... but there's usually a storm or 2 a year that wipes out cars and windows in a small area. Usually the hail damage is confined to an area less than a square mile or so. We did have a storm about 13 years ago that took out an area much larger though... it was more like 10 square miles. All the cars looked like they'd been blasted by uzis. The dent removal companies had people fly in from out of state because there was so much repair work needed.
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened here. A small area was affected but you better believe insurance companies are going through hell today. Sucks you can't do anything about the weather lol

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My wife is presently visiting her sister in Irvine, Texas and we've heard stories about the hail and other odd weather occurrences in that state.

In June of 98, while living here in Cumberland, MD, I was driving home on a super hot day in my Toyota Tercel with the sunroof closed. Everything got pitch dark and the hail began. This was around noon. Being from California I had never experienced this before. It turned out that a tornado was on the way. Yikes!
It happens so quickly that you can't prepare for it. Buffalo was never that bad and we got 11 feet a snow in a week.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It happens so quickly that you can't prepare for it. Buffalo was never that bad and we got 11 feet a snow in a week.

In California it's the earthquakes.

In Cumberland, MD the weather can swing 100 degrees from summer to winter with all the weather that entails.

In Florida it's hurricanes.

In Texas it seems like a mix of everything.

There's no place on earth that's untouched by potentially devastating weather.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
image.jpeg

Damn nature! You scary!
Seriously though, we got another freaking hailstorm last night. Cracked our windshield but that was it luckily.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
View attachment 13801
Damn nature! You scary!
Seriously though, we got another freaking hailstorm last night. Cracked our windshield but that was it luckily.

Legatron in frickin' Kerrville!!!! Are you kidding??? I'm just up the road in Dripping Springs !

We've got to meet up soon for BBQ, beer, and to kill a few paper targets at my ranch and for sure during the season!!!

Great news
p.s. It's been a wet spring so far and I could use some sun to finish the pavers around the pool - argh

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Legatron in frickin' Kerrville!!!! Are you kidding??? I'm just up the road in Dripping Springs !

We've got to meet up soon for BBQ, beer, and to kill a few paper targets at my ranch and for sure during the season!!!

Great news
p.s. It's been a wet spring so far and I could use some sun to finish the pavers around the pool - argh
Hell yeah that's awesome man! How many acres you got? I've been looking for a place to hunt this year.

But yeah, crazy weather so far. I'm ready for the heat this summer.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Hell yeah that's awesome man! How many acres you got? I've been looking for a place to hunt this year.

But yeah, crazy weather so far. I'm ready for the heat this summer.

I bet you have some great places to hunt around Kerrville - I got a nice spread just under 62 acres, we have a house and barn on it. My father in law would hunt on here before we built the house, now it's primarily grazing for my cows and sheep

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And... THIS is why I do not miss southern thunderstorms.

We have snow here, whoopee! No hail. No tornados. No hurricanes (okay barely but 75mph wind by the time it reaches us). No earthquakes. No volcanos.

Just snow.

And... Snow is mostly harmless.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie

There is no such thing as Irvine, Tx.