Gurley vs Mathieu dialog?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Has anyone heard anything about the exact words (dialog) between the great Todd Gurley and Cardinals safety Mathieu after his 52 yard run where Mathieu tackled him?
Gurley got right up and got in his face. Gurley is feisty. We need that kind of player. But I'm so wanting to know if anyone knows what kind of things were said ....?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Theres no way anyone has any idea what was said between the two.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has anyone heard anything about the exact words (dialog) between the great Todd Gurley and Cardinals safety Mathieu after his 52 yard run where Mathieu tackled him?
Gurley got right up and got in his face. Gurley is feisty. We need that kind of player. But I'm so wanting to know if anyone knows what kind of things were said ....?
Basically what he said was not this time you can actually read those first few words when he got up

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Todd stood up like a man. He didn't charge Mathieu. Mathieu charged at him to talk . . . Todd just let him know that he wasn't going to bring him down with his smack talk.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

he said something like - you're a little runt and when you come to st louis i'm gonna run straight over your punk ass. wait until i get this brace off salty.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Hope Georgia loses every game forever as Gurley takes it personal and as Georgia fans keep reminding us and Gurley himself said today on Rich Eisen show I run ANGRY after a Georgia loss to show people . Dang man. Take that knee brace off and lets see those Golden Chariot Wheels on High Rotation while you are running angry. This guy could REALLY BE A ONCE IN A DECADE RUNNING BACK. He already showed he can fumble so we need to teach him to learn to carry the ball strong in BOTH arms . Not just one or he will become a target.

Even the demi-god Achilles had his one weakness in his heel. :unsure: Gurley is bound to have one weakness somewhere once he starts playing ON FIRE. I'm sure it was just Bulldog vs bengal tiger SEC language . Gurley is a very respectable guy like Hershel Walker .Hoping Todd takes it to another level against the pack as we need a whole game of pounding him on their "d" and burning clock. I don't know if He is respected yet. Can't wait to find out and watch that OL Gel some more. NO INJURIES!!!:yess:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I'm able to read lips fairly well, here is what I gathered:

TG "Hey man, want to go for some pizza or Chinese takeout after the game. Maybe do some Madden?"
TM "You know what, Todd? That sounds like a wonderful idea! Is your family in town? You could invite them too!"
TG "No, I didn't want to be distracted by them being here. I just wanted to focus on my game and now that I've shown you I have game, I'm hungry for some pizza or something."
TM "Okay, I'm cool with that, Papa Johns or Shakey's?"
TG "We'll talk after the game, my teammates are wanting to meet with me in the huddle. Later."
TM "Later, good run by the way."

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha! Yeah, I KNOW that none of the board members here literally heard the words that were said. But people and players on or near the field did. So I was wondering if any info has leaked on the words exchanged. By the look on Todd Gurley's face I can imagine he said something like "enjoy that man because you're not gonna bring me down very often."

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I figured Mattheu was telling Gurley, "you think your fast? Your not fast. I ran you down from way over there bitch."

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Hope Georgia loses every game forever as Gurley takes it personal and as Georgia fans keep reminding us and Gurley himself said today on Rich Eisen show I run ANGRY after a Georgia loss to show people . Dang man. Take that knee brace off and lets see those Golden Chariot Wheels on High Rotation while you are running angry. This guy could REALLY BE A ONCE IN A DECADE RUNNING BACK. He already showed he can fumble so we need to teach him to learn to carry the ball strong in BOTH arms . Not just one or he will become a target.

Even the demi-god Achilles had his one weakness in his heel. :unsure: Gurley is bound to have one weakness somewhere once he starts playing ON FIRE. I'm sure it was just Bulldog vs bengal tiger SEC language . Gurley is a very respectable guy like Hershel Walker .Hoping Todd takes it to another level against the pack as we need a whole game of pounding him on their "d" and burning clock. I don't know if He is respected yet. Can't wait to find out and watch that OL Gel some more. NO INJURIES!!!:yess:

I've mentioned this before but Gurley does NOT have a fumbling issue. Ball security was one of his greatest strengths in college. In his college career, Gurley fumbled 3 times on 510 carries and 575 total touches. That's 1 fumble for every 170 carries and 191.7 total touches. Now compare that to a guy like Melvin Gordon. Gordon fumbled 7 times in 2014 ALONE! Over his entire college career he fumbled 11 times on 631 carries and 653 total touches. That's 1 fumble for every 57.4 carries and 59.4 total touches.

To summarize, Gordon literally fumbles 3 times as much as Gurley. Just another reason why Todd is the superior back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I saw what was said. Mathieu was chirping about catching Gurley and Gurley said, "Scoreboard, bitch."

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually read lips. What I heard was:
Gurley: Tyrann, you can tackle me without pinching my butt man

Tyrann: Todd, look at those tight pants. You're literally asking for it.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
He most likely said "grab my facemask again and I'm gonna kick your ass"... :argue:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
(paraphrasing)
TM: "I tackled you! Woo!"

TG: "Yeah you did, 52 yards too late."

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It started a few plays b4( a previous run when Honey tackled Todd)....who knows? I'm sure Todd G. will tell us soon....Havenstein/Barnes may know too...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm able to read lips fairly well, here is what I gathered:

TG "Hey man, want to go for some pizza or Chinese takeout after the game. Maybe do some Madden?"
TM "You know what, Todd? That sounds like a wonderful idea! Is your family in town? You could invite them too!"
TG "No, I didn't want to be distracted by them being here. I just wanted to focus on my game and now that I've shown you I have game, I'm hungry for some pizza or something."
TM "Okay, I'm cool with that, Papa Johns or Shakey's?"
TG "We'll talk after the game, my teammates are wanting to meet with me in the huddle. Later."
TM "Later, good run by the way."
" RIIIGHT!:LOL:

Story teller.jpg

TRUETHFULLY! All that was said was:
TM - Nice Run.

TG -

upload_2015-6-24_14-27-1.jpeg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mathieu: "Oh, bitch, I caught you, I caught y-"

Gurley: "Only because I have a knee brace. Oh, and scoreboard. Bitch."

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I've mentioned this before but Gurley does NOT have a fumbling issue. Ball security was one of his greatest strengths in college. In his college career, Gurley fumbled 3 times on 510 carries and 575 total touches. That's 1 fumble for every 170 carries and 191.7 total touches. Now compare that to a guy like Melvin Gordon. Gordon fumbled 7 times in 2014 ALONE! Over his entire college career he fumbled 11 times on 631 carries and 653 total touches. That's 1 fumble for every 57.4 carries and 59.4 total touches.

To summarize, Gordon literally fumbles 3 times as much as Gurley. Just another reason why Todd is the superior back.

Agreed. Look at Gurley's hands too. Massive. That boy doesn't fumble much.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Honeybadger: U bring that down here, I'll shut it down everytime!

Gurley: I can see that u two-tone bitch! U are holding me to a 7.7 yards per touch!

Honeybadger: U can't talk to me like that! We in the Zona!

Gurley: Right, I'll just wait until the next time I'm at the Hard Rock in the Lou. Maybe I'll even flip you a cold-case-quarter when I'm leaving the parking lot.

Honeybadger: That's just wrong man. Why u be hatin on my part-time gig?

Gurley: It just comes with me owning your giblet ass!

(Only a few here will get this, sorry, sorry, you had to be there.)