Gruden’s QB Camp: Paxton Lynch Hits the Practice Field

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stat of the Week

That’s Paxton Lynch’s passer rating vs. ranked teams in 2015, better than Michigan State’s Connor Cook (107.23), Penn State’s Hackenberg (106.18) and even Cal’s Jared Goff (104.24). Lynch’s 66.9 completion percentage against the three ranked opponents Memphis met this season also dwarfs the previously mentioned passers.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/23/nfl-draft-carson-wentz-jared-goff-paxton-lynch

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If the Rams can't trade up for Goff or Wentz, then Lynch is the only other guy imo. Even if they use a first round pick on him or slightly trade up to get him. He may take longer to develop but if they want a future starter in this draft he looks like he is worth picking despite needing a lot of work on the mental side of the NFL game.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams can't trade up for Goff or Wentz, then Lynch is the only other guy imo. Even if they use a first round pick on him or slightly trade up to get him. He may take longer to develop but if they want a future starter in this draft he looks like he is worth picking despite needing a lot of work on the mental side of the NFL game.
I am fine with that. I see now after being under the Hubble telescope the last few months that many Draft boards have dropped Lynch down into the second round area. At this time I would prefer even a reach of Lynch @ #15 over the high possible future killing trade for the possibility of the next 2011 Blaine Gabbert version.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I agree, if they can't trade up then I would draft Lynch at 15 and go WR in round two with Nick Martin as the other pick in the round if there. I would not take a chance that Lynch would last to the 43rd pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stat of the Week

That’s Paxton Lynch’s passer rating vs. ranked teams in 2015, better than Michigan State’s Connor Cook (107.23), Penn State’s Hackenberg (106.18) and even Cal’s Jared Goff (104.24). Lynch’s 66.9 completion percentage against the three ranked opponents Memphis met this season also dwarfs the previously mentioned passers.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/23/nfl-draft-carson-wentz-jared-goff-paxton-lynch
Pretty disingenuous piece really, what rating system are they using?
Lynch was terrible against non ranked teams, Auburn and Temple. Houston was ranked but had a weak defense
Goff? Against Utah he had his lowest QBR of the season of 106+ and had no game lower than 122 the rest of the year. So I don't understand the math.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta remember though before that Auburn game their coach pulled chocks. I view that loss as due mostly to gameplanning and Auburn playing great on defense.

The Ole Miss game demonstrated he could hang tough vs a good defense.

If Rams sit at 15 I am very happy with Lynch. Getting a QB of his talent there would be a great pick.