Greg William's son?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sounds like an UDFA target.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I'd think the Rams would give him a chance anyway.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
He'll be an UDFA that will come to us unless he gets drafted somehow

I thought this was about the guy who used to be our coach. I actually thought he did a decent job and wonder if he'd come back under his father's tutelage.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, it did not work out that well for Brett Williams although statistically, he (Brett) Williams did the best job in Fisher's tenure as defensive coordinator. Thought it was humorous as to why they let the younger Williams go.

According to reports, he did not mesh well with the other coaches and did not take direction well. Okay, young coach an ivy league grad (Princeton) not taking direction well? Sounds like most of us in our twenties?

I know that was one of the issues that Gregg and Fisher had to bury for Williams to come back. I'm not for signing Chase I just don't see how a father can take the emotion out of it and be objective, but I'm sure the kid has a high football acumen and has athletic ability plus came from a good program so let's see how this plays out?

BTW some irony here to a degree the sole reason that Gregg Williams signed a contract in Washington at the end of the 2005 season was because of his sons Brett & Chase. Williams would have been on the Rams short list to be their Head Coach in 2006 and had Missouri ties, but decided to take Daniel Snyder's money with the caveat that after Joe Gibbs retired Williams would be Head Coach or get one million dollars.

IMO Williams would have had an excellent shot at replacing Mike Martz because he had Head Coaching experience and just coordinated some great defenses in Washington. But did not want to move his kids and made a family decision. Funny how some of the Redskin players after 2006 did not speak highly of Williams and Snyder was going to hire Jim Fassel, however, after the bad press hired Jim Zorn instead because Fassel told him he wanted Zorn as his OC and with no options left, Snyder went with Zorn and I gave it two years after that debacle and that's just how long Zorn lasted.

Last edited:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Well, it did not work out that well for Brett Williams although statistically, he (Brett) Williams did the best job in Fisher's tenure as defensive coordinator. Thought it was humorous as to why they let the younger Williams go.

According to reports, he did not mesh well with the other coaches and did not take direction well. Okay, young coach an ivy league grad (Princeton) not taking direction well? Sounds like most of us in our twenties?

I know that was one of the issues that Gregg and Fisher had to bury for Williams to come back. I'm not for signing Chase I just don't see how a father can take the emotion out of it and be objective, but I'm sure the kid has a high football acumen and has athletic ability plus came from a good program so let's see how this plays out?
I think with his father as his boss, he'll take direction or it'll be an awkward Thanksgiving dinner that year. That's why I want him back, overall he's a good coach and could be reeled in by his father. That could be an asset.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think with his father as his boss, he'll take direction or it'll be an awkward Thanksgiving dinner that year. That's why I want him back, overall he's a good coach and could be reeled in by his father. That could be an asset.

I agree, but I don't see him coming back. Brett Williams was the LB coach and was thrown in to being the de facto defensive coordinator because he knew his father's system best. Now they have veteran LB Coach in Frank Bush so I don't see where Brett can be brought back.