Greg Robinson Is Going Very High

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
2 players generating a ton of buzz with NFL scouts/execs-- Auburn OT Greg Robinson and UNC TE Eric Ebron.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just don't see us grabbing a tackle in the 1st. Not even in the 2nd to be honest. Fisher is all in on Long and Barksdale.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I just don't see us grabbing a tackle in the 1st. Not even in the 2nd to be honest. Fisher is all in on Long and Barksdale.

I hope your wrong, no offence. If they don't start building a solid OL they better invest in a scrambling QB. If Sam goes down again.... idk, man. I know a OL can be built in later rounds but that takes time, we need a blue chip come in and do work.

Just my opinion.:cheese:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

After listening to Snead today, I'm pretty certain they are gonna retain Saffold, so you may be right. Rodger gives them a lot of flexibility.

I think they keep going with the high impact guys. Maybe Watkins, or another WR later. I can see them trading down and taking a LB if they think he's a force, maybe a guy like Mack would give them a front 7 that challenges the Niners front 7. I think Fisher wants that. I remember Fisher saying Ogletree was his Patrick Willis.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I hope your wrong, no offence. If they don't start building a solid OL they better invest in a scrambling QB. If Sam goes down again.... idk, man. I know a OL can be built in later rounds but that takes time, we need a blue chip come in and do work.

Just my opinion.:cheese:

No offense taken, I've been on the fence about taking an OT in the 1st for quite a while now, but no matter how I look at it, I always see Fisher backing Long and Barks as the starting tackles, and don't see him taking one in the 1st to back them up or eventually be the starter.

People bring up the fact he hasn't ever drafted a tackle in the first(I've even mentioned it before), but of course we all know he didn't because he didn't have to due to the tackles that were drafted before he became the HC and since he already had his starting tackles, he didn't need to draft any in the 1st.. But i think he feels the same way now, he has his starting tackles(Long and Barks), so he doesn't need to draft any 1st round tackles.

Just my opinion of course, i really have no idea what he is thinking, but is just what i believe currently.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
After listening to Snead today, I'm pretty certain they are gonna retain Saffold, so you may be right. Rodger gives them a lot of flexibility.

I think they keep going with the high impact guys. Maybe Watkins, or another WR later. I can see them trading down and taking a LB if they think he's a force, maybe a guy like Mack would give them a front 7 that challenges the Niners front 7. I think Fisher wants that. I remember Fisher saying Ogletree was his Patrick Willis.

Retaining Saffold is huge part of the whole issue also. Retaining him gives us a quality LT backup(when healthy), and gives us a potential all-pro guard as well.

I agree completely with your take on impact guys. Could be Watkins, could be Mack, could be Barr, players that will have a high impact. A tackle sitting behind Barks and Long isn't much of an impact. I would love to have Mack or Barr, or Watkins. I also think the top of the draft is where you get true impact players, and yes, even a tackle can be that if he is a Pace. I do not see Matthews or Robinson as a Pace though.

And of course, Snead has said in some interview recently they like developing O-line players, so there is that as well. So hard to read Fisher and Snead lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
One last thing, I think they will draft a tackle somewhere from 2nd to 4th round, but Guard will be a more important issue to them, even if drafted later(since tackles are more highly valued than tackles).

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
No offense taken, I've been on the fence about taking an OT in the 1st for quite a while now, but no matter how I look at it, I always see Fisher backing Long and Barks as the starting tackles, and don't see him taking one in the 1st to back them up or eventually be the starter.

People bring up the fact he hasn't ever drafted a tackle in the first(I've even mentioned it before), but of course we all know he didn't because he didn't have to due to the tackles that were drafted before he became the HC and since he already had his starting tackles, he didn't need to draft any in the 1st.. But i think he feels the same way now, he has his starting tackles(Long and Barks), so he doesn't need to draft any 1st round tackles.

Just my opinion of course, i really have no idea what he is thinking, but is just what i believe currently.

I can completely see were you're coming from. As you said Fish always had solid Ts in TEN so we cant go off the draft history really because it was never an issue. I think we will have a much better idea how the draft is going to go based on if we resign Saffold.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I can completely see were you're coming from. As you said Fish always had solid Ts in TEN so we cant go off the draft history really because it was never an issue. I think we will have a much better idea how the draft is going to go based on if we resign Saffold.

Agreed. You mentioned before that if Bradford goes down we need to invest in a scrambling QB, which i agree with. I think any back up we have should have some scrambling skills.

But anyways, back to the original thread lol. I think Robinson is going to be a great tackle, above average at least.

jjab360

Legend
I'm very high on Long and Barksdale, as well, but I think there's four positions that Greg Robinson could play at a very high level. A line of Long-Robinson-Jones-Saffold-Barksdale has a ridiculous amount of talent and versatility.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm very high on Long and Barksdale, as well, but I think there's four positions that Greg Robinson could play at a very high level. A line of Long-Robinson-Jones-Saffold-Barksdale has a ridiculous amount of talent and versatility.

I'm high on Long and Barks as well. I agree that would be ridiculous talent across the line, but since Fisher has never drafted a guard higher than the 5th round, i doubt he would draft one in the first personally. Would make one of the best lines in the NFL in my opinion, but don't see it happening. I am hoping for a guard in the 2nd round this year though, since Warford was on there big board last year and almost got taken.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, yep. Robinson is a top 8 lock imo. Might even go before Jake Matthews.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Rams need a guard that can start right away (Richardson) and a OT that can start a few games at RT/LT (Martin) then take over in 2015. Thw good news is that we can find guys like that in the late 1st and early 2nd

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Rams need a guard that can start right away (Richardson) and a OT that can start a few games at RT/LT (Martin) then take over in 2015. Thw good news is that we can find guys like that in the late 1st and early 2nd

My personal preference(which many won't like..maybe) is Seantrel Henderson. Can get him in the 4th or even later possibly. Think he is the prefect player for Fisher and Bordeau. I like Richardson in the 2nd big time as well like you.