Greg Olson QB Coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mods, misspelled Olson in title. Please correct.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Lot's of experience in WC offense. Tons of work both as an OC and QB coach. I might be a little sentimental but Steven Jackson has his best year as a pro under him as OC, I believe - FWIW.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well we tried this experiment once already but QB coach might be fine. He hasn't exactly been successful anywhere in the NFL for his career.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Bortles did have his best season under him. Then regressed this year. Did he have Derek Carr at all while in Oakland?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
was supposed to take Bills OC job but chose Rams QB position. Good get.

I have my complaints about Olson. He's very knowledgeable about the WCO and will get Goff prepared mentally. My complaint is that he doesn't like to focus on QB mechanics. That means that Goff will have to get his own private coaching if he wants to improve his mechanics. Personally, I'd rather have someone who is more anal about mechanics. But I'll trust McVay.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
It's interesting that he'd pass on the OC job in Buffalo (and probably a bigger paycheck) to take a position coach role in LA.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Olson is qualified for the QB position, it's a solid hire and a good sign he preferred the Rams. I do like he chose us over the Bills OC position. It demonstrates the clout McVay and Phillips bring to the table.

Scirca

Rookie
ap-indiana-purdue.jpg

Coached by Greg Olson. That's enough for me.

Also, I have a great deal of admiration for Drew Brees. He is retardedly underrated and the most accurate QB of all time, and in my top 5 greatest QB's of all time, IDC what anyone says.

For those interested to know my top 5 all-time QBs: 1. Joe Montana 2. Johnny Unitas 3. Aaron Rodgers 4. Drew Brees 5. Peyton Manning

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He also coached Josh Freeman (as OC) in Tampa Bay, where he (Freeman) did very well before imploding.