Greg Hardy: Dirty Panthers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
From the cheap shot on Bradford and the injury celebrating to Greg Hardy being on roster, practicing, and expected to suit up Sunday.

Mike Wilbon is on fire on ESPN slamming this decision and pretty much the entire NFL, as he has been all week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...reg-hardy--no-plans-to-cut-him-192832611.html

Hardy's scheduled jury trial is set for Nov. 17. In July, Hardy was found guilty by a judge of assaulting and threatening ex-girlfriend Nicole Holder — a decision that Hardy appealed, which is his right as a criminal defendant in the state of North Carolina.

The law in that state says that in cases where the defendant is convicted of a misdemeanor, the jury trial will occur as if previous trial hadn't taken place. Hardy's lawyer seems to think that the court's backlog will prevent the case from even going to trial until 2015.

Pretty damn sleazy.

Makes you sick as an NFL fan.

Also makes me appreciate (well, I guess you never know, do you?) the standup types the Rams have had on roster the last couple years. Bradford, Long, GRob, JL55, Quick, etc, all seem like great people.

Seriously though....what a clusterfuck.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Entitled high school kids to big men on campus at college getting a free ride, to overpaid punks in the NFL. The only thing I'm surprised about is that this isn't way more prevalent.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Entitled high school kids to big men on campus at college getting a free ride, to overpaid punks in the NFL. The only thing I'm surprised about is that this isn't way more prevalent.

Yes. The whole treatment of star athletes has to change, and it starts at the jr.high and high school levels. Local coaches, teachers, principals and administrators have to show more balls.

Start benching players for bad grades and misbehavior. Most state athletic associations have rules in place, but the schools shield the star players and lie on their behalf. This has to end.

I know for a fact that DGB was a total stoner at his Hillcrest days in Springfield. Apparently his daddy ( also his high school coach) protected him well, as did the Springfield community (I doubt his first encounter with law enforcement was in Columbia). I applaud Pinkel and Mizzou for throwing his arse out of town, but the NCAA should be ashamed for allowing him to come back in 2015. He should be DONE... Done with college. Done with the NFL. Banned for life.

It's totally out of control because the players know that any hurdle they encounter resulting from their behavior is only temporary at best. Cut the crap and show some balls. Implement a zero-tolerance policy from high school to the NFL.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea. There is no surprise. That Stubbenville BS in Ohio should have opened everyone's eyes. Truly, truly disturbing the premium treatment put on individuals who are good at an ultimately meaningless game. Children in the bodies of men who never finished school and were never taught how to treat their fellow man/woman.

All that matters, all too often in this country, is winning, no matter the costs. The economy is one example, the sports world an even worse offender.

Only way to end it is zero-tolerance starting form HS on. HS coaches, superintendents, etc, etc, who cover this crap up, the college coaches and admins that cover it up......One offense, and your career is a black hole of nothing imo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What happened in Steubenville?

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What happened in Steubenville?

That was the case where a teenage female was sexually assaulted at a party by two members of the HS football team there. Photographed in a state of undress as well. Superintendent been charged for covered up a rape earlier that year in 2012. I believe it was only by the hacking efforts of the Anonymous group that the case even saw the light of day.

The football players weren't tried as adults, as they should have been. One of the rapists is back on the football field for the HS team.

Stomach churning.

Surprised you didn't hear about it. Very surprised.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
This, few of these guys know real hardship, they just go from big men at high school, to untouchable in college to even more untouchable in the NFL. They've all but forgotten what it's like to be people.

You gotta appreciate the guys who never forget where they came from on their way up. That's why I appreciate guys like Joyner and Quinn on a team, because I think they definitely keep guys grounded because they were in the case where their dreams either almost never took off at all or were wrestled away from them and they can keep others humble and understand the opportunity they have.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was the case where a teenage female was sexually assaulted at a party by two members of the HS football team there. Photographed in a state of undress as well. Superintendent been charged for covered up a rape earlier that year in 2012. I believe it was only by the hacking efforts of the Anonymous group that the case even saw the light of day.

The football players weren't tried as adults, as they should have been. One of the rapists is back on the football field for the HS team.

Stomach churning.

Surprised you didn't hear about it. Very surprised.

Was he convicted? Did he do time?

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
Yes. The whole treatment of star athletes has to change, and it starts at the jr.high and high school levels. Local coaches, teachers, principals and administrators have to show more balls.

Start benching players for bad grades and misbehavior. Most state athletic associations have rules in place, but the schools shield the star players and lie on their behalf. This has to end.

I know for a fact that DGB was a total stoner at his Hillcrest days in Springfield. Apparently his daddy ( also his high school coach) protected him well, as did the Springfield community (I doubt his first encounter with law enforcement was in Columbia). I applaud Pinkel and Mizzou for throwing his arse out of town, but the NCAA should be ashamed for allowing him to come back in 2015. He should be DONE... Done with college. Done with the NFL. Banned for life.

It's totally out of control because the players know that any hurdle they encounter resulting from their behavior is only temporary at best. Cut the crap and show some balls. Implement a zero-tolerance policy from high school to the NFL.

Who is DGB?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher

You're right, X. I bet it is more prevalent than what is being reported. I think a lot of women don't come forward for various reasons. And I think if these punks think they can get away with it once, they'll keep doing it.

209RamsFan

I HATE the panthers even more,.....started last yr with cheap shot

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sounds more like one of those "Quit or be Fired" situations for Hardy. I predict the NFL Nails him good!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I have no fucking idea why the Panthers chose not to do this earlier. They drafted Kony Ealy - once considered a possible first round prospect and the best defensive end in the draft not named Clowney - in the second round in case Hardy left in free agency after this year. It would have been the best decision to give Hardy the boot and hand the starting job to Ealy. But I guess that really doesn't matter to them.

Sadly, I actually like some players on the Panthers (Benjamin, Kuechly, Lotulelei, and Ealy), and I'd love to have them on the Rams, but the overall bastardry of that team makes me pissed beyond reason.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Kinda sad that guys like Chris Cook and Perrish Cox have already been forgotten. Talk about major fuck ups being swept under the rug. 9ers got 'em in spades.