Greg Cosell: Watkins Best Since Jones/Green--Chris Long=Really Good DE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Greg Cosell joined the Frank Cusumano Show on 920am. He talked Draft and the Rams. Cosell loves Sammy Watkins, says he’s the best WR since Green and Jones in 2011…and would be a great pick for the Rams. He has Mack rated higher than Clowney. Clowney might be hard to pass up if the Rams have him rated as a once in a decade player…even with Chris Long and Robert Quinn already on the roster. “Chris Long is a really good player…I really like Chris Long”. Quinn is “unbelievable”. Cosell thinks Dix is the best safety in the draft..compares him to Earl Thomas in style, but not as good.

Listen to Cosell Talk Rams and the Draft

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Likes Mack more than Clowney? As a 3-4 backer, but still. This kid is flying up the board.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd like to hear his opinion on Mack as a 4-3 SLB. I agree with him on Mack being good and best suited as an OLB in a 3-4, though.

V3

Hall of Fame
Okay well I think he could be an All-Pro in a 4/3 too and Cossell has been quoted several times as saying that Elmgrovegnome really knows his crap.

That's good to know. Next time I have a question about manure, I know how to ask. :D

Alan

Legend
I liked almost everything he said except there was something wrong about his take on what kind of QB/offense we need to beat the Seahags and the Whiners. It was right after the other guy asking him about us drafting a QB. I'm not in a condition to parse it now but if I remember this tomorrow I'm going to post something about it.

Did anyone else disagree with his take? Plus why did you disagree if you did. Tomorrow. :LOL:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I liked almost everything he said except there was something wrong about his take on what kind of QB/offense we need to beat the Seahags and the Whiners. It was right after the other guy asking him about us drafting a QB. I'm not in a condition to parse it now but if I remember this tomorrow I'm going to post something about it.

Did anyone else disagree with his take? Plus why did you disagree if you did. Tomorrow. :LOL:
Yes, Alan, it was strange, he basically said that you needed a mobile QB to win in the NFC West, which in itself doesn't sound strange, but it was the way he said it.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM hearing the things:
Yes, Alan, it was strange, he basically said that you needed a mobile QB to win in the NFC West, which in itself doesn't sound strange, but it was the way he said it.
Thanks Rambo. I'm pretty sure I didn't like his logic but I'll wait until I listen to it again tomorrow before I try to explain why. Except that I'm not buying his premise that we can't beat them with Sam. We did pretty well against them two years ago and while they're better teams now, so are we.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Thanks Rambo. I'm pretty sure I didn't like his logic but I'll wait until I listen to it again tomorrow before I try to explain why. Except that I'm not buying his premise that we can't beat them with Sam. We did pretty well against them two years ago and while they're better teams now, so are we.

I think he was dancing around and fumbling with his words because Cusamano put him on the spot. Cossell never likes to suggest that teams take certain players or which players would be good for which teams. He is a purist in that he only likes to watch tape and evaluate players. He pays little heed to pro days and the combine too. I think he tries very hard to make his evals as honest and untainted as he can. So the question made him uncomfortable and he gave a half assed answer, without explaining himself or suggesting a target.