Grand Jury announcement today!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This thread was meant as a warning to any who might be in the affected areas. It would be best if it not become political.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm totally in te dark about all this because I live under a rock and don't watch the news but what did this guy do to get shot? And why is it so out of the ordinary for a cop to shoot a criminal?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm totally in te dark about all this because I live under a rock and don't watch the news but what did this guy do to get shot? And why is it so out of the ordinary for a cop to shoot a criminal?

The story goes that Michael Brown stole some cigars from a nearby store and came across the the cop (Darrin Wilson).

Here's where it gets cloudy, the cop said Michael Brown was aggressive and wouldn't do what he asked. He (the kid) was aggressive and even for his gun, that's why he pulled the trigger.

Witnesses say the kid did exactly the opposite, had his hands up, and even ran away, at which point he got shot. But witness reports are inconsistent; some say Michael Brown had his hands up, above his head, on his head, or in his shirt reaching for "something."

Inconsistent witness reports make the situation even more controversial.

I stayed up a little late night to watch what was unfolding. Seems like the majority of people were (obviously) against the rioting and looting. Those guys that were doing it looked like kids and did not care fro the case, and used the case as an excuse to do criminal acts. Thank God that police were prepared and did their best to prevent the situation from spreading and arresting those that did criminal acts.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
This thread was meant as a warning to any who might be in the affected areas. It would be best if it not become political.

I agree ,but I have as yet seen no political inferences.

If you can't discuss race,social decline or ills without being accused of being political, then there is only monologue and no dialogue which IF there is a problem will only be exacerbated by.

The assumption being made by protesters is that this is a case of what they are protesting ,which according to the physical evidence backs the police officers story.

Surely you can't say the burning of 12-25 buildings looting of numerous retail shops are the result of cogent rational thought, or that if there is an adverse impression by police of the people they are charged with protecting that community from ( they've burned buildings and looted the retail district remember) that what transpired last night isn't reinforcing of the very attitude they protest.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The story goes that Michael Brown stole some cigars from a nearby store and came across the the cop (Darrin Wilson).

Here's where it gets cloudy, the cop said Michael Brown was aggressive and wouldn't do what he asked. He (the kid) was aggressive and even for his gun, that's why he pulled the trigger.

Witnesses say the kid did exactly the opposite, had his hands up, and even ran away, at which point he got shot. But witness reports are inconsistent; some say Michael Brown had his hands up, above his head, on his head, or in his shirt reaching for "something."

I stayed up a little late night to watch what was unfolding. Seems like the majority of people were (obviously) against the rioting and looting. Those guys that were doing it looked like kids and did not care fro the case, and used the case as an excuse to do criminal acts. Thank God that police were prepared and did their best to prevent the situation from spreading and arresting those that did criminal acts.
Thanks man appreciate your help. I guess I look at it like this. As a human being, even if trained, you are going to do whatever your instinct tells you. If you held a gun to someone who you thought was dangerous and they look like they're reaching for a gun, you fucking shoot them dead. Sometimes it's about surviving. And I'm sure Mr. Brown wasn't exactly a scholar.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

There were powder burn in Browns thumb and a bullet was lodged in the officers drivers side door , indicating the first shot was fired inside the car and at very close range, there was a trail of blood that indicated where Brown fell dead was closer to the officer by HIS volition than when he first was shot. There is audio recording of how many shots were fired that indicate the officer fired shots paused and started firing again ,which matched the officers testimony.
I watched the prosecutor recount the evidence and pretty well all the physical evidence backs the police officers story, in fact the encounter wasn't a random chance as I understand it the officer already knew about the strong arm robbery Brown is alleged to be on video as having perped, and was trying to question him.

So we are faced with the choice of trusting the Grand Jury system or mob violence as our guiding compass.

It was said by so many who took the OJ Simpson was a victim of the LAPD position that his being indicted was bogus and that a Grand Jury could indict a "HAM SANDWICH" , now that low level of proof required to indict is being questioned and by some of the self same people as being too rigorous, a position of convenience? Seems that way to me.

BTW many of those "witnesses" changed their stories and some even said they hadn't seen anything and were in fact making up stories, a reporter asked the prosecutor if he intended to file perjury charges against some of them and he said he wasn't and pretty well alluded to the fact that eyewitness testimony is often unreliable, that people often believe the stories they make up but when questioned admit they made it up.

I watched a lot of coverage as well and it sure seems to me the response to violence was inadequate and the National Guard might have been instructed to not squelch the violence until enough damage was done no one could question why they were there

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hah! What a fucking joke. That guy in Colorado who shot up a fucking theatre in full assault gear gets arrested peacefully by the police, while a kid with his hands in the air gets shot up by a crooked cop who walks without any charges. I've lost all faith in the justice system.

Memento

Name
Jemma
And before you slam me on expressing my thoughts, I'd like to mention that this isn't just a black issue. This isn't just a people of color issue. It's about people who are in a position of power abusing that power and getting away with it. It's disgusting, and I'm sick of it. I'm one of the people who have been crushed underfoot by those same people who have full autonomy over people's lives and how they're treated. Police, doctors, etc. who have gotten nothing from committing crimes that would get you and me arrested and convicted. It needs to end.

I have zero problems with the people who use their power to try to help others. I don't have problems with the police as a whole. I don't have problems with doctors as a whole. But this corruption has to be stopped at the roots before it fouls everything further.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
And before you slam me on expressing my thoughts, I'd like to mention that this isn't just a black issue. This isn't just a people of color issue. It's about people who are in a position of power abusing that power and getting away with it. It's disgusting, and I'm sick of it. I'm one of the people who have been crushed underfoot by those same people who have full autonomy over people's lives and how they're treated. Police, doctors, etc. who have gotten nothing from committing crimes that would get you and me arrested and convicted. It needs to end.

I have zero problems with the people who use their power to try to help others. I don't have problems with the police as a whole. I don't have problems with doctors as a whole. But this corruption has to be stopped at the roots before it fouls everything further.

There are a handful of crooked cops, I'm sure Wilson is one of them. This should give some perspective to what happens when dealing with them

http://brown-shuga-trompeta.tumblr....-is-the-video-proof-of-my-previous-post-about

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I've not read through all the details that have been released and the evidence that has been shown the jury so I'm not about to jump to conclusions. I'm also a piss poor detective which is why I'm not a detective nor a law enforcement officer.

I don't understand the rioting and looting. It hurts everyone in the community and surrounding communities a lot more than it hurts the Ferguson Police Department. Burning down a businesses in the community is not going to incite change. If the goal is to decrease the property value in Ferguson and surrounding communities that rioting has been a success. I just don't get the logic of burning down businesses when the businesses didn't kill Michael Brown. I'd probably be more frightened if they were targeting the police departments and city hall but from a logic standpoint it makes more sense than setting fire to a Little Ceasers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
None of us really know what went on. For sure there are bad cops out there and blatantly idiotic, violent thugs roaming the streets. I do find it hard to believe that the DA had even a remotely prosecutable case but just decided to shelve it and have all hell break loose.

Regardless, the fucks that torched their own town are pieces of shit and I am almost certain they didn't give two shits about the kid now buried in the ground nor any kind of social justice. It's just pathetic. These are the same kinds of shit stains that riot after their team wins a championship or during a black-out or after a disaster. Just disgusting individuals.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Hah! What a freaking joke. That guy in Colorado who shot up a freaking theatre in full assault gear gets arrested peacefully by the police, while a kid with his hands in the air gets shot up by a crooked cop who walks without any charges. I've lost all faith in the justice system.

I don't understand why people keep stating this when it keeps getting disproven. At best, this accusation holds as inconsistent amongst the many testimonies given.

There are certain facts that have remained consistent through this situations entirety...and those facts have made most people realize that the decision the grand jury made was inevitable. It is very apparent that there are many people that certainly were not out for justice, they were out for persecution of Officer Wilson without the benefit of justice.

I fear that this situation is only going to create further racial divide and a more dangerous culture for people of all races.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
None of us really know what went on. For sure there are bad cops out there and blatantly idiotic, violent thugs roaming the streets. I do find it hard to believe that the DA had even a remotely prosecutable case but just decided to shelve it and have all hell break loose.

Regardless, the fucks that torched their own town are pieces of crap and I am almost certain they didn't give two shits about the kid now buried in the ground nor any kind of social justice. It's just pathetic. These are the same kinds of crap stains that riot after their team wins a championship or during a black-out or after a disaster. Just disgusting individuals.

You sir have brought common sense to the party...

Similar to your statements about the DA is the fact that would a cop with a clean record choose to act on his racially charged motivation in broad day light after years of service? At best there may be a case for poor judgement but this belief that he murdered this man seems extremely far fetched.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
There were powder burn in Browns thumb and a bullet was lodged in the officers drivers side door , indicating the first shot was fired inside the car and at very close range, there was a trail of blood that indicated where Brown fell dead was closer to the officer by HIS volition than when he first was shot. There is audio recording of how many shots were fired that indicate the officer fired shots paused and started firing again ,which matched the officers testimony.
I watched the prosecutor recount the evidence and pretty well all the physical evidence backs the police officers story, in fact the encounter wasn't a random chance as I understand it the officer already knew about the strong arm robbery Brown is alleged to be on video as having perped, and was trying to question him.

So we are faced with the choice of trusting the Grand Jury system or mob violence as our guiding compass.

It was said by so many who took the OJ Simpson was a victim of the LAPD position that his being indicted was bogus and that a Grand Jury could indict a "HAM SANDWICH" , now that low level of proof required to indict is being questioned and by some of the self same people as being too rigorous, a position of convenience? Seems that way to me.

BTW many of those "witnesses" changed their stories and some even said they hadn't seen anything and were in fact making up stories, a reporter asked the prosecutor if he intended to file perjury charges against some of them and he said he wasn't and pretty well alluded to the fact that eyewitness testimony is often unreliable, that people often believe the stories they make up but when questioned admit they made it up.

I watched a lot of coverage as well and it sure seems to me the response to violence was inadequate and the National Guard might have been instructed to not squelch the violence until enough damage was done no one could question why they were there

Inadequate response, maybe. I felt like they had to balance the amount of law enforcement without putting lives on the line (any life).

Again, in preventing the situation from spreading further than it did, I think they did well.

The best part is I truly think the majority of that community, while angry, can express what they feel in a civil manner. Those stories of locals pleading with the morons to stop burning and looting have me hopeful they can move forward with it.

Those looters/rioters were freaking smiling while doing what they were doing. SMH.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hah! What a freaking joke. That guy in Colorado who shot up a freaking theatre in full assault gear gets arrested peacefully by the police, while a kid with his hands in the air gets shot up by a crooked cop who walks without any charges. I've lost all faith in the justice system.

Have you looked at the evidence or witness testimony?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Have you looked at the evidence or witness testimony?

The evidence? What evidence can you possibly get when there isn't a video camera on the fucking dashboard? Every precinct in Missouri has one except Ferguson, and I sure as shit don't buy the excuse that they were "too poor to get them". What evidence can you get when the ME doesn't have fucking batteries for his camera for taking pictures of Brown's corpse at the scene? It's a horseshit excuse. At best - at the very best - they botched the evidence out of sheer incompetence. At worse, they're corrupt from the top down.

Have you ever wondered why hospitals don't have cameras in psychiatric wards, with the exception being in isolation? It's so that nobody can expose the security guards and techs when they harass and assault people who only came here to get help. That's the same as not having a camera on the dashboard of a police vehicle. It's so that nobody can prove or disprove anything.

Witnesses don't always see the same thing; there are so many variables to take into account that it's almost impossible to see the exact same thing unless it's in broad daylight in a public place - and even then, you need video and DNA evidence.

This is as shady as it gets. I'm not a conspiracy theorist; I just know how these people work.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The evidence? What evidence can you possibly get when there isn't a video camera on the freaking dashboard? Every precinct in Missouri has one except Ferguson, and I sure as crap don't buy the excuse that they were "too poor to get them". What evidence can you get when the ME doesn't have freaking batteries for his camera for taking pictures of Brown's corpse at the scene? It's a horseshit excuse. At best - at the very best - they botched the evidence out of sheer incompetence. At worse, they're corrupt from the top down.

Have you ever wondered why hospitals don't have cameras in psychiatric wards, with the exception being in isolation? It's so that nobody can expose the security guards and techs when they harass and assault people who only came here to get help. That's the same as not having a camera on the dashboard of a police vehicle. It's so that nobody can prove or disprove anything.

Witnesses don't always see the same thing; there are so many variables to take into account that it's almost impossible to see the exact same thing unless it's in broad daylight in a public place - and even then, you need video and DNA evidence.

This is as shady as it gets. I'm not a conspiracy theorist; I just know how these people work.
So simply because it wasn't caught on camera every other piece of EVIDENCE (such as DNA, gun discharge, testimonies, etc.) is invalid?

Sounds like you made up your mind about what happened without any evidence ... and far less than the Grand Jury did.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The evidence? What evidence can you possibly get when there isn't a video camera on the freaking dashboard? Every precinct in Missouri has one except Ferguson, and I sure as crap don't buy the excuse that they were "too poor to get them". What evidence can you get when the ME doesn't have freaking batteries for his camera for taking pictures of Brown's corpse at the scene? It's a horseshit excuse. At best - at the very best - they botched the evidence out of sheer incompetence. At worse, they're corrupt from the top down.

OK, well, I guess I don't know what to say. You seem pretty passionate about your conclusions.

Ferguson did have body cams. They had applied for multiple grants because they couldn't afford them and they received the grants and purchased the cameras. They had just arrived and had not been deployed yet. This may indicate to you that some of the commonly known "facts" about the case may not be as accurate as you think.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Attachments

• IMG_794956749112935.jpeg
    IMG_794956749112935.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 166

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
There is a Federal investigation on this case that has yet to be heard from. I'm interested in hearing the results! I'm not in favor of looting and burning to express dissatisfaction in the grand jury's verdict! That is criminal behaviour that there's no excuse for! That's akin to terrorism in my book!