Grade Chris Givens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Grade Chris Givens:

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • D

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • F

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
34rec / 569yds / 0 TD's

Chris leads my list of most disappointing players in 2013.

For a guy who started most and played in all 16, he was man-handled out there.

Take away his 105yd week two performance, he didn't have a single game >60 yards.

No doubt losing Sam ate into our deep passing game, but CG looked like a one trick pony out there; take away his deep ball and you take away his game.

Chris needs to work on routes in the offseason! Like the rest, his hands need work too.

Chris certainly didn't take the year 2 leap Fisher speaks of... Let's hope another offseason, and perhaps adding another WR early in the draft puts Givens in more favourable matchups.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wanted to give him a C, but no TD's was killer. Hopefully he breaks out next year. People are talking so much about Quick, but he put up better numbers than Givens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wanted to give him a C, but no TD's was killer. Hopefully he breaks out next year.

Yeah, I graded a "D". He didn't produce as a starter this year.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Givens came into training camp and just had the look of a player who thought he was "all that". I am not questioning his work ethic, he definitely was in "better" shape, looked like he has spent the off season bulking up. But as far as working on his game, I just didn't see it to the extent that some of the other WRs were.

I have not been as high on him as many have, so I quite frankly, have not been all that shocked b his lackluster season. What you saw from him starting with the opener vs. Arizona, was obvious he just wasn't interested in being a difference maker. The Cardinals were able to completely take him away by putting Peterson on him, and making sure he had safety help over the top. Once teams saw this was as effective as it was, game over for Givens.

Since day one in training camp, he has shown little to NO desire to go over the middle. He turtles when they ask him to run the slant. His biggest contribution was running the "go" and clearing out the underneath stuff for the likes of Pettis, Austin and Cook. Not exactly what you are looking for from what is supposed your #1 starting WR.

Even last year, he had some success running the intermediate "out" or sideline routes. This year, they stopped even trying to run them with him, as it was pointed out on more than one occasion (as early as the preseason by Torry Holt) that he just wont come back to challenge for a contested pass.

Unless and until he figures out that football is a contact sport, and he cant just run by everyone, he will continue to struggle. I have never seen an NFL WR take himself out of more games after making a catch and getting hit. Seemed like that was the ONLY thing that was consistent about his game in 2013.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
D, because he still made some plays.

I hope he improves, b/c if not he will be a gonner.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Dudes gettin a D. He was MIA for much of this season, hands of stone, jumping to catch every damn ball thrown. He was possibly the biggest disappointment for me.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Givens is a huge disappointment. He's a jag. And a disgrace to the #13.

Simba

Rookie
Givens showed us to be perfect for post-routes with Sam's bombs.In the middle range he had some problem (before Bradford's injury too).He can be the perfect answer for special formations to stretch the opponents defences, however with Stedman and Tavon in formation too.Anyway i gived an "c" becouse without Bradford he missed the best "friend".

OhioRam

Rookie
I give him a C and Qb Kc didn't really help him out much, look for him to bounce back next year but I still want Watkins or Evans in the draft.
We don't need anymore 2nd to 5th round Wr's And Austin never will or drafted to be a number one

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I gave him a C. He's a one trick pony still. I'm not sure if he will ever be more which was what he has always been.
I still have hope that he can progress.

Psycho_X

Legend
Gave him a D. I wouldn't even know he was still playing for us if it wasn't for the unnecessary, circus like catch attempts he'd try and than drop in a couple games. He had one good game so that kept him out of the F grade. But I don't see him staying a float on the depth chart with Bailey making steady, good progress through the season.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
D - Had to give my boy a D, I got much love for Givens but he just didn't preform this year really. Hopefully he does better next year.

Name
JP
F. What a terrible year for Chris. He couldn't even do the one thing he was supposed to be good at, get open deep, let alone improve in other areas of his game.

He could be a guy on the outside looking in next year with Watkins here maybe, and Bailey out playing him.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He gets an F.

All offseason I read about him saying he was working on his underneath and intermediate game; however, absolutely zero of that translated to the field. Then on 101 I heard about him not wanting to block linebackers because "that's the TE and linemans job." After I heard that I came to the conclusion that he is not a starter. He will have his role as a deep threat...but he is nothing more.

It's a shame too...I was getting excited for a Givens, Austin, Bailey offense.

Bailey had a strong finish. I think next year Bailey is the number two over Givens.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Givens does actually get open once in awhile but the Rams don't have QB's with great vision. They miss a lot of open guys.

I gave him a D because he chokes when the ball does finally come his way.

RFIP

34rec / 569yds / 0 TD's

Chris leads my list of most disappointing players in 2013.

For a guy who started most and played in all 16, he was man-handled out there.

Take away his 105yd week two performance, he didn't have a single game >60 yards.

No doubt losing Sam ate into our deep passing game, but CG looked like a one trick pony out there; take away his deep ball and you take away his game.

Chris needs to work on routes in the offseason! Like the rest, his hands need work too.

Chris certainly didn't take the year 2 leap Fisher speaks of... Let's hope another offseason, and perhaps adding another WR early in the draft puts Givens in more favourable matchups.

Had high hopes for him but alas he is a one trick pony who forgot his trick. He is a complete failure in my book and will be fighting for a roster spot with Quick next season.