Gordon's Chat Highlights: "trade Down, Take Ot, Then Dix At #13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Gordo’s Chat Highlights

—I’m trading down from No. 2 and taking either Robinson or Matthews, then Dix at No. 13.

—Les Snead believes there are 15 impact WRs in this draft. That implies that he can add a contributor on the second day. This team has many needs and not much cap room. I don’t see the wisdom of using free agency to add another WR.

—Rams front office over-valuing the WR’s? We’ll see. You trade up to draft a guy at No. 8, he better become more than a nice slot receiver. Austin a guy that drew universal raves from personnel folks across the league, so I’m not ready to give up on him. I think Bailey can be a solid No. 2. As for the rest, who knows.

—Silent Stan moves at his own deliberate pace. The marketing folks out there sure wish he would send positive signals, because the lingering uncertainly will hurt sales even if the NFL Drafts generates more buzz about the team.

—What Will Rams Do with #2? Trade down, draft an offensive tackle.

—Given the depth of the draft, I’d be surprised if anybody high in the first round offered more than a second day pick to move up. Nor should they offer more than that.

—Robinson seems to be passing Matthews in the minds of some draft experts, but there is not much separation there. Dix is the better safety, better in coverage, but Pryor stock is getting a late boost. Everybody has Robinson and Matthews as the top two tackles. I’d probably go with Gilbert and Dix as the top two DBs.

—Clowney has amazing physical ability. He does things big people should not be able to do. And I do believe he likes to play football, unlike some of the recent high Rams draft picks. On the right team with the right staff, he could be spectacular. But there will be some work to do.

—Sam played well last year before getting hurt, despite having a bunch of passes carom off his targets.

—Given all the team needs, I’d be surprised to see the Rams take two O-linemen in the first round. Remember that Jeff Fisher has a history at looking at other positions in the first round.

—Saffold’s salary expectations are somewhat at odds with his extensive injury history. Typically players like him get more from another team than from their old team.

—I think Saffold leaves, just because there is always one team willing to overpay an offensive lineman. Watkins appears to be an awesome prospect, but, again, the offense starts with blocking and there is every reason to worry about the Rams blocking.

—Who has more sacks next season Clowney or Quinn? Quinn

Read Complete Chat Highlights

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wonder where JT got this bit?

—Saffold’s salary expectations are somewhat at odds with his extensive injury history. Typically players like him get more from another team than from their old team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I wonder where JT got this bit?

I have no ideal???:whistle:

Me thinks he has been driving through RODville on a regular basis.

"the offense starts with blocking and there is every reason to worry about the Rams blocking."
So True!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The only thing I got out of that was JT's an OT and S/CB guy. I'd OK with missing out on Watkins if we got Evans.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I have no ideal???:whistle:

Me thinks he has been driving through RODville on a regular basis.

"the offense starts with blocking and there is every reason to worry about the Rams blocking."
So True!

Dude you know they do. And not just us. How many times you've seen something posted here and a couple days later a slightly reworded shows up in a story or chat.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This was Jeff Gordon's Chat, not Jim Thomas'

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I can see the Rams waiting until the 2nd Rd ... especially if they get another 2nd rd. pick in a trade down from the #2 spot and taking a guy like Donte Moncrief or Watkins; running mate - Martavis Bryant for the WR spot. And going with OL and DB in the 1st Rd.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I can see the Rams waiting until the 2nd Rd ... especially if they get another 2nd rd. pick in a trade down from the #2 spot and taking a guy like Donte Moncrief or Watkins; running mate - Martavis Bryant for the WR spot. And going with OL and DB in the 1st Rd.
Yes I thinking like you a OL'er & a CB/DT would be great first day draft! Now the second & third days be wild and free to see who lands in our laps!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm not high on Clinton-Dix. He looks like a second round talent.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm with ya man, i'd much rather have Pryor give me two safeties than can lay the wood and scare the crap out of opposing receivers! :sneaky:

Pryor looks way better. Gotta love a Safethawing a mean streak. The dude gets off on hitting. I'd take him at 13 all day.

What's the chances we can trade down from 13 and get him at the 15-19 range? I bet his stocking is growing.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Pryor looks way better. Gotta love a Safethawing a mean streak. The dude gets off on hitting. I'd take him at 13 all day.

What's the chances we can trade down from 13 and get him at the 15-19 range? I bet his stocking is growing.
Honestly, I personally wouldn't get cute and try and trade down from that spot because of the drop off in talent from Pryor and Dix to the other safeties is huge IMO. I want one of the top two secondary beasts but definitely want Pryor a little bit more!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Bears, Cowboys and Ravens could use a safety. Packers could also trade up to the mid teens to grab Pryor or Dix also. I say stay put at #13 and just take him. Rather trade down multiple times(if possible) with our #2 and stay put at #13.