Gonna be offline for a while guys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wow. Just seeing this. Very glad to hear that the surgery was successful! Hang in there brother, and here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery for your wife.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I'm glad she made it out of surgery OK. Perforated diaphragm is pretty rare, but dangerous indeed. I'm glad she made it through. My thoughts are with you and your family

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Thanks for all the well wishes guys, she came out of surgery 7 hours later, the operation went well, but it was a big one - perforated diaphragm, twisted hernia and fluid filling up her chest cavity - she's now out of recovery and in Intensive Care for a few days, both her dedicated nurses seem really good and are so attentive, can't wait to get her home, but it's looking like a week or so in hospital - I raise my hat to the doctors, surgeons and nurses - I feel so blessed right now.

Good to hear the positive news mate. God bless the NHS!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi all, thanks for all your well wishes, since my last log in things took a turn for the worse when her right lung filled up with fluid which was seriously impacting her breathing - even on an oxygen aided machine, but after 6 days in intensive care, and some wonderful doctors and nurses, she's pulled through, she was well enough tonight for me to take the kids in to see her, which was nice. It really makes you think - make the most of EVERY minute with your loved one, we're not always party to the grand plan of things...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I'm glad she made it out of surgery OK. Perforated diaphragm is pretty rare, but dangerous indeed. I'm glad she made it through. My thoughts are with you and your family
Thanks for that @brokeu91 we still don't know how all that happened, apparently her injuries were similar to someone being in a car accident! the surgeons are really perplexed!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Wow. Just seeing this. Very glad to hear that the surgery was successful! Hang in there brother, and here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery for your wife.
She's getting better every day man, thanks, another week or two in hospital and she'll be home.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Man! It is just so tough watching a loved one - especially a spouse - go through things like this. Will keep the positive thoughts and prayers going your way. She and your kids are lucky to have you there by her side. Stay strong for them and get rest when you can. Cheers man.
It's been one of the hardest things for me to go through, I'm sure its all just a big test, she really is my soulmate and makes me complete, the thought and fear of losing her has been scary.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Good news! I'll have to go through a little stress later this month. My 89 yr old dad is having his Aortic valve replaced in his heart. Scary for someone any age much less somebody pushing 90. Glad your wife is on the mend. Now don't forget to take care of yourself in the meantime.(y)
My thoughts and prayers will be with you, my ex-farther in law had that surgery, he was a little younger, but not much, and that changed his last years with us, we used to walk the dogs for miles, we unfortunately lost him years after to undiagnosed stomach cancer - let me know when / how the surgery goes. The good sign is that they're willing to do that surgery on him, he's obviously fit and healthy enough to take it. Godspeed @Ramhusker

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So happy to hear she is on the mend partner......(y) God bless...
Cheers, this last week has been a blur of calm panic, hospital wards and making sure the kids are all fed, washed and happy!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Just saw this Shaun. Praise God! She came out of surgery well. I'll be praying for you and the family as well. For healing, and strength, cooperation from the kids, patience for dad. :unsure: and a renewed appreciation for mom/ wife. Thanks for the update buddy!
Its been a difficult week, she's now in a standard post-op ward, and on less machines. I dont think the kids appreciate the military operation that I'm running at the moment, but its the only way I've kept it together, plan, organise, execute. I need a little of control in the mundane things!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Great news man! That's really great! Hope the recovery goes smooth my friend!
Recovery's going to be a long process I think, we've had to cancel our vacation this year, but I really dont care, I just want her home and I want her healthy

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's been one of the hardest things for me to go through, I'm sure its all just a big test, she really is my soulmate and makes me complete, the thought and fear of losing her has been scary.
I have one of those too. I've been there through three surgeries and what we thought were heart issues. Thankfully they were not. Your heart just strains. Test? If so, it's a tough one. Stay strong. You will just get tighter for it. Cheers man.