GOFF NOT A TOP 10 ROOKIE ON MADDEN 17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HellRam

Starter
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-rookies

How is a 2nd rounder kicker rated higher then the first overall pick???

According to a article on ESPN both Goff and Wentz are rated at 77. EA really out smart themselves. I was looking foward to buying the game. Unfortunately I have a hard time trusting a NFL football game company with logic like this. I'll still buy the game but my expectations like always for Madden will remain extremely low.

Any other Madden player's thoughts...

Last edited:

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-rookies

How is a 2nd rounder kicker rated higher then the first overall pick???

According to a article on ESPN both Goff and Wentz are rated at 77. EA really out smart themselves. I was looking foward to buying the game. Unfortunately I have a hard time trusting a NFL football game company with logic like this. I'll still but the game buy my expectations like always for Madden will remain extremely low.

Any other Madden player's thoughts...

Ah, Madden. Love the game, especially playing against my bros over beers and shots.

Anyhow, Gurley was rated at 80 last year and he won the OROY. They do a roster update every few weeks during the season, changing their attributes depending how they did the few weeks prior.

My buddy works at EA also and I usually get the game for free, so I'm obligated to check it out every year.

Last years Madden was pretty cool, can't wait to see the next one.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Rookie QBs struggle notoriously in the NFL, so they have lots of room for improvement in the ratings. A running back can jump right in as a rookie and thrive, while other positions take some time.

HellRam

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rookie QBs struggle notoriously in the NFL, so they have lots of room for improvement in the ratings. A running back can jump right in as a rookie and thrive, while other positions take some time.

Some rookie QB's thrive... it shouldn't be Madden's choice to predict who will be good their rookie year. The ratings should be based off what they did in college. Goff wasn't the first pick in the draft pick because he was not a top 10 college player. I'm still baffled by the logic with these ratings.

HellRam

Starter
Over it until they do something game changing. It's just a marketing machine

Agree it's virtually the same game every year. Can't wait till their contract is up with the NFL. You'd be suprised how many feel this way.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Probably just me, but I care more about what they do on the football field rather than a video game...Of course I'm a really old guy so I understand that I'm not really in the Madden demographic...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Madden developer list:
"Nick Waggoner..Chris Berman....and....."

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
i dont think its all thats surprising considering a lot of people didnt have goff or wentz as a top 10 prospect anyway. Now hunter henry over goff is a bit questionable but thats a different story

HellRam

Starter
But it says his actual rating is 82??? Which would put him among the best?

You must be reading a different article. The one I posted is official it's from EA.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-ramsey-jacksonville-jaguars-top-rated-rookie

Here's anouther link with more info.

Funny thing is they rated Goff with more strength then Wentz. Which is incorrect by everything I've seen. They also rated Wentz more elusive then Goff. This is also incorrect..Wentz may be a better rusher but Goff is far more elusive especially in the pocket. Did these guy's (EA) not watch anything on these QB's... this is pretty bad imo.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Don't understand why he would be a 77, they created him for madden ultimate team on this years game and he was a 84. Those attributes look about right based on a good evaluation.
http://www.mutrank.com/16/player/31021
I do think madden can be improved but I still buy it every year and I'm pumped for this years team, finally have some offensive firepower.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Yeah it is funny how they rate rookie RBs so high. On my kids Madden it was the year that Trent Richardson was drafted by the Browns. The Browns are not very highly rated but they have a very good running game with Richardson. He is a beast. Little did Madden and EA Sports know that Richardson actually sucks.

I am new to playing it. I am 49 and my 9 year old wanted me to help him figure out how to play it and actually win. I guess there is probably some place on the web that I can get tips. Just winging it is not working so well. I can win games but running teams give me fits. I imagine that there is a trick to it that I am not doing.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The way I see it, and this may not be how it's done, but I'm guessing they compare the rookies to the others in the league at their position. So for example, if they believe Aguayo is a better kicker then Zuerlein, they have to give him a rating higher. It has nothing to do with the other players in the draft. So a kicker may have the highest rating, doesn't mean he's a better player compared to a top QB. With that being said, they probably took Goff, and tried to determine which QBs in the league are currently better, and currently worse, and placed a grade on him to sit between those two groupings.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Goff will appear as a Pokémon character next
Keep looking kids!

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
You must be reading a different article. The one I posted is official it's from EA.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-ramsey-jacksonville-jaguars-top-rated-rookie

Here's anouther link with more info.

Funny thing is they rated Goff with more strength then Wentz. Which is incorrect by everything I've seen. They also rated Wentz more elusive then Goff. This is also incorrect..Wentz may be a better rusher but Goff is far more elusive especially in the pocket. Did these guy's (EA) not watch anything on these QB's... this is pretty bad imo.

Yeah my bad I was looking at his pass accuracy rating.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 144

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Madden sucks anyways. It hasn't been good since last decade.
BRING BACK NFL 2K!!!

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
They always hate on the Rams, the thing that pisses me off is the 82 throw accuracy for Goff. In madden 16 the actual throw accuracy cannot be upgraded like the short, middle, and deep accuracy so a QB with low throw accuracy will never be as good as the ones with high throw accuracy even with everything maxed out. I play in a league every year, this year I had Cam Newton and he makes some wonky ass throws when they are wide open and I have him pretty maxed out.

Here's my pretty maxed out Cam with 86 throw accuracy since the game started, un-effected by all the years and stats that have progressed in game.

View: http://imgur.com/m0IlpiF

Now here's a rookie from our last offseason that has 93 throw accuracy with far lower stats all around.

View: http://imgur.com/QZy8Fol

So basically Goff is going to be tough to use because they're handicapping him in the hidden stats. These hidden stats are how EA fucks over certain players because you cant fix it.

I'll use Grob as an example, if you simulate a season he will allow 25+ sacks and get your QBs hurt almost all the time or make you have a 2-14 season or worse alone. Even when Grob has 99 pass, run, and impact blocking he will still allow double digit sacks which is stupid. So after researching it, it turns out there is alot of hidden attributes you cant upgrade on linemen, pass blocking footwork, run blocking footwork and some others. Grobs pass blocking footwork is like 25 its insanely low which pretty much breaks him.

Last edited:

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Locate Redwood Shores, CA (EA headquarters) on a map and you will have all your answers.