Goff misses practice due to illness

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ue-to-illness-considered-probable-for-sunday/

Goff misses practice due to illness, considered probable for Sunday
Posted by Zac Jackson on December 7, 2016

612052504-e1479483491761.jpg
Getty Images

Rams rookie quarterback Jared Goff was sent home Wednesday due to an illness and did not practice.

Rams Coach Jeff Fisher told reporters that Goff was part of the team’s usual meetings and participated in a pre-practice walkthrough before leaving the team facility. As long as Goff gets healthy, he’ll make his fourth start Sunday against the Falcons.

The Rams are still trying to get Goff his first win. He had his worst game last in a blowout loss at New England, completing 14-of-32 passes for 161 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. The Patriots sacked Goff four times.

Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin, who missed last week’s game with a chest injury, was a full participant in Wednesday’s practice. Defensive end Robert Quinn, who missed last week’s game with a concussion, was a limited participant.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
There are some nasty bugs going around L.A. Many of my co workers and myself have been struck. Strep, Noro ,E coli
all have been mentioned. Thankfully it is early enough in the week for him to recover if it is indeed a cold or ?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Watching that offensive line has made me sick too, can you imagine playing behind it?

MountainRam

Rookie
Dolphins, Pats, Saints play more man coverage. Falcons play cover3/1 zone ala Seahawks. Goff needs practice. Hopefully he is back to practice tomorrow. Get well QB.

Ram Spam

UDFA
There are some nasty bugs going around L.A. Many of my co workers and myself have been struck. Strep, Noro ,E coli
all have been mentioned. Thankfully it is early enough in the week for him to recover if it is indeed a cold or ?

20161207_193301.png
Chemtrails, ya'll. Look up at the sky where you live. They've been spraying out here where I live lately too. Daughter just got over the bug. My son now has it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

No smallpox? Jesus!
Which did you have?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Jack Youngblood is rolling around in his grave laughing...colds...and shit. LLOLOLOLOLOL!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Live in Simi Valley, minutes from Cal. Luth. and I have had some kind of Bug for over a week! It's a Flu Bug Rolling thru the area!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Honestly I wouldn't mind getting a look at him since the season is basically lost :hiding:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Goff needs this bounce back game against the 27th ranked D. At a later date sure give Sean some snaps.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Honestly I wouldn't mind getting a look at him since the season is basically lost :hiding:
The Rams have to get 1 more Loss before it's a Losing Season, I'm not giving up anything yet!!(y):cool:

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Signs of a BUST written all over this. Has a Brady, Manning, or Favre missed practice due to illness?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The kid has two games under his belt now, against a varied defense (albeit flawed) in New Orleans and the league's most disciplined and unpredictable defense in New England. Now he's at home in his third start vs a very simplistic defense.

See the storyline forming here?

I suspect Goff is going to have a nice "coming out" game this weekend. The Rams are still gonna get their butts kicked because their defense is not going to handle the Falcons' offense well. But IMO the kid will play very well this weekend. Look for a much better stat line in yards, probably 2 or 3 TDs, and the Rams being somewhere in the 20s in score as a result.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Joyner was on IV's hours before a game due to a virus and he ended up playing (well, too).
Pump some liquids and antibiotics in that kid and cut him loose.