Goff and Wentz thread v1.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Which play are you talking about exactly?
Both plays...I thought I was clear....Late on the fumble...just effed up the pass....2 plays

. McVay even said he would have liked to get him more work to bounce back, but he had a plan in place and stuck to it.
If he was interested in getting him more work...wonder why he didn't throw more? Why not give him another drive? Not a serious question...just wondering out loud?

We are both pulling for Jared....I just see so many flaws that may keep him from being successful...and talent isn't one of them.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Both plays...I thought I was clear....Late on the fumble...just effed up the pass....2 plays

You made it seem that the play right before the fumble where he threw the pass away was what you were talking about. The fumble play he probably held onto the ball just a second too long, he should have thrown the ball away.. However the play was still developing by the time he got sacked.. Either that or Brown messed up and took too long to escape, so Goff had nowhere to go. That'll come with experience, I'm not too worried. The interception, I've already made my point on that one, don't like the throw one bit.

If he was interested in getting him more work...wonder why he didn't throw more? Why not give him another drive? Not a serious question...just wondering out loud?

McVay seems to be cautious in the preseason, same reason why he's not playing any starters in the 4th game. So he had his plan and decided to stick with it. I don't fault him for that, especially with Hemmingway going down. Look at the presser over it, McVay circles back to Hemmingway several times when he doesn't need to, you can tell it bothers him a lot that McVay is done, and he's our 3rd string TE. McVay obviously does not want to have players go down in the preseason. He's keeping guys like Quinn and Gurley out as well, he doesn't want guys playing. We're not talking about how McVay is benching Gurley for not running well, because we know that he's trying to keep him healthy. Same with Goff, he doesn't want to risk anything.

We are both pulling for Jared....I just see so many flaws that may keep him from being successful...and talent isn't one of them.

I don't see Goff as perfect, he's far from it. He still has flaws, but his flaws are coachable, I'm not worried. He looks fine, I wanted to see him take a big step from year one to year two between the ears and I can see he has. He looks a lot more comfortable in this offense than he ever did last year, that's big.

Even last year we saw a change from the start to the point he was announced as the starter. Looked a lot more comfortable... I see major gains there, I see a young QB who's starting to piece it together to have a long and successful career. He still has a long way to go, as expected, but he's getting there. McVay is doing a lot of good things with him, and that's why I think he's going to be great. I'm not willing to give up on him yet, I'm not even going to bother about last year. Again Goff was thrust into a situation so bad that when the previous regime was fired everyone said that they would finally be able to see if Goff has what it takes. I've never heard of that happening before, I've never heard a universal thought that the previous regime was so bad that we can't even properly evaluate certain players on their roster.

Goff will be fine.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Russell Wilson's hands are bigger than Goff's by 1 1/4th inches and he's fumbled 42 times in his 5 year career. Yeah he's a running QB but I'm positive that the majority of his fumbles came from the pocket.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.webp

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
know what i hate about most Goff Detractors they are on a win win (in their eyes situation ) if he becomes a good QB and wins us games get us to playoff and the like they win because the rams are winning and Goff is playing well

if he doesnt they get to scream and shout i told you so

and the worrying thing is i dont know which one they want more

and with @LACHAMP46 record of backing players (quick,that texas safety who got cut .Marquez ) i think i prefer him criticizing Goff ..

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get the whole tear one guy down to make another look better. Wentz is gonna be good. The trade is done and over with, and isn't Goff fault.
I'll root against Wentz because I hate the effing Eagles and hope he fails miserably.
As far as Goff goes, I'll base my opinion on him based on THIS season. Last season is irrelevant imo

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I rarely go day 3 with this kinda stuff....
You made it seem that the play right before the fumble where he threw the pass away was what you were talking about.
I briefly touched on it....had he hit the open Woods underneath....the fumble never happens....so, he did miss an open target there...again...focusing in on Higbee

The fumble play he probably held onto the ball just a second too long, he should have thrown the ball away..
Finally, truth at last....no need for the "probably"...he's on the goalline...passes can be made in .5 of a second down there...
However the play was still developing by the time he got sacked..
Yeah....or he was processing what he was seeing too slowly...
I don't see Goff as perfect, he's far from it. He still has flaws, but his flaws are coachable, I'm not worried. He looks fine, I wanted to see him take a big step from year one to year two between the ears and I can see he has. He looks a lot more comfortable in this offense than he ever did last year, that's big.
He looks fine...thats cool....like I said...look around...at 2nd year players...oh, he's still a rookie, look around at the rookies...see if you can tell a difference.

Big step.....that comes week one...And....IN MY OPINION....he looked a LOT like last year in that game...better players around him....better plays....we're moving the ball....then...Goff happened...last years Goff....not just the fumble...his reaction to the fumble...the interception. Looked like 2016...against a vanilla scheme...in the dress rehearsal game...Look around...tell me one other starting QB that's doing that...oh yeah, tell me if they're any good too?

Even last year we saw a change from the start to the point he was announced as the starter.
Yeah...we did see a change....Goff got worse the more he played....so did the team around him...

I'm good man....I'll read your response....I like seeing your points of view...I'll be watching the Indy game with you in mind...but as far as responding on this point...I'm good. As I've come to say in here, we'll just have to agree to disagree....Until he shows me something...winning football....not that other stuff...I'll have my doubts...

Show me

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Really? You the resident football expert around these parts?
No...there's no such thing as an expert but....just kidding...naw, just a fan like most....but I do watch a bunch of the games...cause I like football...I don't ONLY watch the Rams...I do play closer attention...I watch college...not as much as I used to....and I can tell a bunch of guys in here DON'T watch a lot....or what I'd consider to be a lot. I've seen Goff for a few years...mostly against the So Cal teams...happened to catch him vs Utah....and Air Force....you can learn a lot about a player from how he plays vs various levels of competition.

If you read what a person says...it's easy to see if they also really watch the games....or are just fan-boys or girls.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
know what i hate about most Goff Detractors they are on a win win (in their eyes situation ) if he becomes a good QB and wins us games get us to playoff and the like they win because the rams are winning and Goff is playing well
How is that a win if my team is losing? The only win is if the team fixes it quickly....That's no "win" for me...this isn't about winning...being right...I'm seriously saying what I see....and a whole bunch of others also....
if he doesnt they get to scream and shout i told you so
Not me....I'm not that guy....but blue-coco is making me wanna be that guy
and the worrying thing is i dont know which one they want more

and with @LACHAMP46 record of backing players (quick,that texas safety who got cut .Marquez ) i think i prefer him criticizing Goff ..
Strange....you don't know....hmmmm...I've thought something like that too...some of these guys wouldn't mind we kept losing as long as insert "Tavon, Sam B, JL55, or whoever" is still contributing and they can ....what, buy their jersey???

No...I discuss Rams players...I stick by Rams players.....but....in positions like QB, WR that's heavily targeted, FS, and corner....stuff I kinda know a lil about....I'll speak up...take the bullets..the heat...and voice my opinion why so &so is a detriment to the team...Everyone knows we need a line for success...the line has played decently....now what?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is that a win if my team is losing? The only win is if the team fixes it quickly....That's no "win" for me...this isn't about winning...being right...I'm seriously saying what I see....and a whole bunch of others also....
because then you can show you were right and have great football knowledge because you sure watch a lot
Not me....I'm not that guy....but blue-coco is making me wanna be that guy

and guys like you make the rest of us want to defend our QB from our own fans

Strange....you don't know....hmmmm...I've thought something like that too...some of these guys wouldn't mind we kept losing as long as insert "Tavon, Sam B, JL55, or whoever" is still contributing and they can ....what, buy their jersey???

Strange....you don't know....hmmmm...I've thought something like that too...some of these guys wouldn't mind we kept losing as long as insert "QUICK " is still contributing and they can ....what, buy their jersey??. see we can both statements that have nothing to do with what i said

No...I discuss Rams players...I stick by Rams players.....but....in positions like QB, WR that's heavily targeted, FS, and corner....stuff I kinda know a lil about....I'll speak up...take the bullets..the heat...and voice my opinion why so &so is a detriment to the team...Everyone knows we need a line for success...the line has played decently....now what?

yet you were so busy blowing Quits trumpet you didnt realise he was detriment to the team ... you stick by the player as long as you like him .. sticking by somone isnt shooting them down (i dont care if you dont like Goff ,, i dont care if you want Mannion or whoever else to start over him ... just dont say you support someone when your words say different then hide behind the " i know football Schick"

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yea, I'm in the wrong for being "over-invested" in the success of the Rams' starting QB. That's not what Rams fans should do, right? ;)

The kid does have flaws, but his flaws tend to be magnified by those who doubt him.

I also believe he reads defenses very well. He is going to improve.

McVay , Matt LaFleur, G. Olsen all have a piece of him.

Goff has showed real good leadership. Sammy Watkins seems to be really happy. I know Woods is one of his go to guys. Copper Kupp is a pure baller. Then Tavon Austin & Goff put in a lot of time together even before OTA's.
Tavon Austin is electric. He is going to make some real big plays. Just nice to have all this exciting players around Jared Goff.
Have not even talked about the RB's & TE's. Higbee has dropped a few , but has been making big plays as well.

The thing Inreally like is Roger Saffold was a hater & veteran leader at seasons end. Since then The Rams have 2 new leaders on the offensive line. Whitworth is Goff's go to after a series. He almost always goes to his lineman. Then you have Sullivan who is helping calling assignments. Put Roger in the middle of these 2 players &makes for a real good fit. The right side of the line is young , but only getting better.

My point is Jared Goff is going to be all right , & The Rams have totally improved on offense. -- then you have the play calling from a solid OC in McVay.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Sun doesn't rise, earth rotates around it...can't spell

sure lucky I'm not the quarterback huh?

another guy...doesn't watch football much.

The earth rotates around the sun, but it's its inertial rotation that produces night and day.
Are you ever going to get this right?

And I was watching Jon Arnett and Billy Wade a decade before you were born.
This year is going to be delicious!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
we kept losing as long as insert "QUICK " is still contributing and they can
He was our 2nd best WR....stats say so....game tape says so....he'd help us WIN...instead of looking at Tavon Austin....If we started throwing to...say Woods, or god forbid Tavon....and I felt Josh Reynolds or Cooper Kupp would help us WIN...I'd say the same.

and guys like you make the rest of us want to defend our QB from our own fans
Defend all you want...his PLAY speaks for itself....if your defending his PLAY...then, go to the I watch football line...that's not winning football from our QB...It's not...no matter how many of you don't wanna say it.
because then you can show you were right and have great football knowledge because you sure watch a lot
wow...and for that I get what? $1,000,000 ROD $$$$? No...I'd HOPE some body in the FO would also get a clue, and make some changes....sorta like the Fisher fiasco...and sooner than 5 years.

Just for your pleasure...I'm wrong a bunch too...I liked Quick...remember? Maybe he gets cut from the Skins..

yet you were so busy blowing Quits trumpet you didnt realise he was detriment to the team
Naw...Tavon being the leader in targets was a detriment...O-Line draft picks...HUGE detriment...Poor coaching....huge detriment...Quick wasn't the problem...Neither was Sam Bradford...and definitely not Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, or Lance Kendricks...

gotta proofread my stuff....@vegasram is lurking...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The earth rotates around the sun, but it's its inertial rotation that produces night and day.
Jerry Goff, sorry to speak so....detrimentally about your son...LOL yeah, it's tilted on it's axis.....so what? Is that gonna make him more accurate? You mad about the sonsetsinwest joke????

Inertial rotation??? Another astro physicist? really? do you mean the molten core of iron???

dude should play better if he doesn't know what rises means....

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See, you're going off stats...and this is where you are wrong....Look at the games

He was our 2nd best WR....stats say so....game tape says so....he'd help us WIN...instead of looking at Tavon Austin....If we started throwing to...say Woods, or god forbid Tavon....and I felt Josh Reynolds or Cooper Kupp would help us WIN...I'd say the same.

little contradiction there huh ?
all the game tape showed me quick ...quit ,,,2nd best of a bad bunch really isnt something to shout about

Defend all you want...his PLAY speaks for itself....if your defending his PLAY...then, go to the I watch football line...that's not winning football from our QB...It's not...no matter how many of you don't wanna say it.

i will defend him at least untill he has a real chance to prove himself .. not 7 games and a few seires in pre season.... lets see what did quick get to prove himself ??? ...i wanna say 5 years

Just for your pleasure...I'm wrong a bunch too...I liked Quick...remember? Maybe he gets cut from the Skins..

a whole bunch. yup ... i dont hope you're wrong for my sake ...i hope you're wrong for the rams sake ...

Naw...Tavon being the leader in targets was a detriment...O-Line draft picks...HUGE detriment...Poor coaching....huge detriment...Quick wasn't the problem...Neither was Sam Bradford...and definitely not Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, or Lance Kendricks...

see wrong again if you couldn't/cant see those players you listed as detriments then i dont know what to tell you ... who out of Britt Cook Quick or Kendricks is on this team now ? ...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Frikkin' hilarious. Btw Mojo, you do have the power of the "lock." When a thread devolves into grammar arguments and the rotation of the heavenly bodies, it might be time to...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGxusvUT3k

If you read what a person says...it's easy to see if they also really watch the games....or are just fan-boys or girls.

Now that would be a great title for our next big thread, "Fan Boys vs. Fan Girls." :fuelfire: