GMO labeling

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, definitely could be Orwellian, if left to fall in the wrong hands. Hopefully we'll be able to prevent that. At least, that's the goal.
Hmmm.... Wrong hands and my mouth. Not liking the sound of that combination.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I guess I don't understand how this would be negatively affected by labeling requirements. I get how it would if we went the extreme route that some may want in ending genetic engineering all together. I just don't buy that cluing people in on a label makes the advances in agriculture end. It seems that the only way it would is if they find a link to certain ailments with a particular food or ingredient.

You make a great point.

What I'm trying to say and not very well is.
The push to label Gmo is like not only letting the cow out of the barn, we have already Bbq'd the cow, we've ate it and wash and dried the dishes.

Modification has happened for centuries it seems. We have never labeled it before. My question is why now?
I have never grown anything that hasn't had its gnome changed.

It's like my very nice and hot neighbor woman. She takes pride in all the different kinds of tomatoes she grows. She tells me that this one is great for salsa and that big one is for slicing for sandwiches. All natural, hates Gmo stuff. I'm like okay but all those different varieties are bred for a desired outcome. She says it's not the same thing. Okay then...

From my and other farm people's perspective this Gmo labeling is hilarious from the standpoint of there is no such thing as "corn" just different seeds modified .

bluecoconuts

Legend
The reason why a drive through may be required to have brail is for people who are legally blind, still able to drive and see large objects, but have trouble reading small or close objects, thus they can use brail.

Of course nobody really uses brail anymore, but that's why.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Got my vote - especially on the cool down period. And yes - they discussed the idea quite a bit and even instituted a form of it. Funny - people bitch about gridlock. Gridlock is by design and I find it quite clever. It was designed so that if a law, bill, latest whim of the politicians, didn't have a real groundswell of support, it likely wouldn't have the thrust required to pass. Makes me cringe when people want to streamline that particular process.

Yea I agree I hate when I hear the word fast track when it comes to legislation.