Getting to know the enemy...ILB Ryan Shazier/Ruled out for Rams game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
The Steelers destroyed the 49'ers last Sunday. Against SF Ryan Shazier had his best game as a pro with 11 solo tackles, 4 assists, 1 forced fumble and a sack. This should come as no surprise to the ROD draft buffs, as Shazier like James Laurinaitis before him led the Ohio Buckeyes in tackles two years in a row.

Very few folks shined as bright as 6'1" 237 lbs Ryan Shazier did at the 2014 combine. He led all 2014 participants with a 42 inch vertical leap to go along with a blistering 4.33 40 and 25 bench press reps. I like to think of Ryan Shazier as our Alec Olgetree. Both linebackers fly from sideline to sideline making tackle after tackle, generally reeking havoc. Both Alec and Ryan are among the current league leaders in tackles. ( Alec is tied for first with 23 combined tackles while Ryan has 22)

Ryan has Steeler fans very excited. I've heard rumors that Steeler fans may start screaming Shazaam after Shazier intercepts, sacks, and blows up running backs. ( Hopefully the MOB SQAUD outshines the Steeler linebacker murderers row) The Steeler's linebacker corp are almost as deep as our defensive line wrecking crew. Ryan Shazier anchors the Steeler 3-4 defense from the strong side inside linebacker spot. Ryan appeared on the Pittsburgh Steeler injury report. He didn't practice because of a sore shoulder. I expect he'll start Sunday.

I look forward to watching Rodger Saffold vs Ryan Shazier. I plan on yelling Shazaam like Gomer Pyle every time the Rams blow up Shazier. "Shazaam! Golly did that hurt? And that was just a Gurly?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSpBwt4hFN8

Recently the Steelers have been drafting linebackers like the Rams draft running backs- often and early. Actually earlier, 2013 Jarvis Jones 17th overall, 2014 Ryan Shazier 15th overall, and 2015 Bud Dupree 22nd overall. Even though Jarvis Jones starts at weak side 3-4 OLB Jarvis hasn't lived up to his pre-draft hype yet. The Steelers have been working 6-4 269 Bud Dupree in as the OLB on Shazier's side on passing downs, and although Bud has only accumulated 5 tackles in his rookie season , two of those tackles were sacks. Rob Havenstein will have his hands full. In fact the Steeler may bring more heat from the strong side versus Foles blind side.

Ryan Shazier turned 23 a few weeks ago. He was born and raised in Florida. Ryan suffers from alopecia, an autoimmune disease which causes the inability to grow hair. Throughout his childhood he was ridiculed and taunted. With guidance from his parents Shazier developed an altruistic tempermant to deal with the jabs and name calling. For all the chaos Ryan Shazier causes, Ryan displays little emotion and is expressionless even after blowing up opposing ball carriers.

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big OSU fan, always loved Shazier while he was here....but....

He is too injury prone to be consistently successful in the NFL. Think Rodger Saffold but playing LB..

It seemed like every game at OSU he would go down and limp off the field. He'd come back...but then last year he got hurt and didn't come back...I expect more of that for Ryan, unfortunately.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/25/shazier-wont-play-sunday/

Shazier won’t play Sunday
Posted by Zac Jackson on September 25, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdlowq0mddlztu3yjk1nzk4n2i3zmzindrmzgizmty1-e1443011805209.jpeg
AP

Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier has been ruled out of Sunday’s game vs. St. Louis due to a shoulder injury.

The question now becomes whether one of the Steelers’ best defenders can be healthy enough for next Thursday’s AFC North showdown vs. the Ravens.

Shazier is coming off arguably his best NFL game; he had 15 tackles, three tackles for loss, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a sack last week vs. the 49ers. After injuries complicated his transition to the NFL as a rookie, he’s been a different player this season.

Sean Spence and Vince Williams are in line for extra snaps in Shazier’s absence.

The Steelers will list starting wide receiver Markus Wheaton as probable after Wheaton returned to practice Friday. Cornerback Cortez Allen will be listed as questionable, while cornerback William Gay and defensive lineman Cam Heyward will be listed as probable.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is as big a deal as if Le'Veon Bell had remained suspended, IMO.

Our offense dodged a bullet here, now we just have to see if they can counter-punch (yeah, I like mixing my @%#! metaphors!).

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Big OSU fan, always loved Shazier while he was here....but....

He is too injury prone to be consistently successful in the NFL. Think Rodger Saffold but playing LB..

It seemed like every game at OSU he would go down and limp off the field. He'd come back...but then last year he got hurt and didn't come back...I expect more of that for Ryan, unfortunately.
Sounds like Donnie Avery.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Mojo - you're obviously a Belushi fan (so was I) - is that a real mugshot?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mojo - you're obviously a Belushi fan (so was I) - is that a real mugshot?
i'm thinking its blues brothers (joliet corrctr) on the id board.
OR did you mean a mugshot of MOJO >??;)