Get your head around Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It's possible I am suffering from smoke inhalation, but I think it's time that Rams nation started getting comfortable with the notion that Johnny Manziel is the Rams next QB.

And get ready for it ......

At #2.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love the avatar pic. Tis my phones home screen and lock screen pic. You are stoned if you think the Rams are drafting JF @ 2 though. :sneaky:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I got faith in Sneed and the Fish. If somehow they think the Rams will win more games with Johnny Football I'm all in. The number of wins at end of the season is all that matters.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm having a hard time seeing them pass on Robinson, Clowney, Mack, or Watkins for JFF myself - but there is that old adage -

If you think a guy is a franchise QB - and you don't think you have one - you take him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@caplannfl: Popular theory with personnel execs. RT @LanceZierlein: Greg Cosell just said he believe Johnny Manziel will go #2 to the Rams.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm having a hard time seeing them pass on Robinson, Clowney, Mack, or Watkins for JFF myself - but there is that old adage -

If you think a guy is a franchise QB - and you don't think you have one - you take him.
But we have one, and IMO, Manziel is not a quality NFL starter.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rams are forcing the texans hand. if they want jm they have to take him at #1.

then the rams get clowney.

Draft Manziel at 2, trade Sam to Cleveland, Cleveland draft Watkins and I'm going out and buying a Bradford jersey.

Can you imagine Sam throwing to Watkins, Gordon and Cameron with their O line (all be it minus Mack).

lf

V3

Hall of Fame

the rams are forcing the texans hand. if they want jm they have to take him at #1.

Gosh I hope you're right. I can't stomach the thought of a QB at #2.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@tmckernan: La Canfora: There are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings about trading Sam Bradford.

Memphis Ram

Legend
@tmckernan: La Canfora: There are people in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with the Vikings about trading Sam Bradford.

I think that Norv Turner would like Sam Bradford. Still think they should have hired him this offseason, IMO.

jap

Legend

. . . then there are those in the league who believe the Rams have had conversations with extraterrestrials about trading Sam.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There are people in the league that believe there will be an alien spaceship arriving in NYC for the draft carrying the next NFL commissioner

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, there's a snowballs chance in hell that the Rams take Manziel at #2 overall. But, at #13, he might be the best option for the team.

I really like Bradford
. But, his contract is ridiculous and Manziel looks to be a far better fit for a team that plans to run the ball and play a strong defense like the Seahawks and 49ers. He fits, the Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick type QBs in the division who gives their teams 500 or so yards rushing, makes improvisional plays to keep drives alive, and throws the fewest passes of all of the NFL starters.

And 5 of Jeff Fisher's only 6 double digit winning teams had QBs that can make plays with their feet (McNair & Young).

That would be pretty damn sweet also. Sam throwing to Patterson working off a play action game with Peterson as his RB with Kalil being a Pro Bowl LT.

Thinking about it I don't see any scenario under which Sam doesn't succeed.

Memphis Ram

Legend
That would be pretty damn sweet also. Sam throwing to Patterson working off a play action game with Peterson as his RB with Kalil being a Pro Bowl LT.

Thinking about it I don't see any scenario under which Sam doesn't succeed.

And Norv Turner as the offensive coordinator.

Memphis Ram

Legend

If that's the plan, then bravo Fisher/Snead, though Bortles is probably a better fit with the head coach.

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
The only way I think I could get behind this is if they took Evans first and got JM at 13.

How about Sam to Houston. Texans agree not to draft Jonny Football, take Clowney at 1.

Sam throwing to Johnson, Nuk Hopkins, with Foster as RB and a Pro Bowl LT, in that weak division.

Sorry I'm having too much fun imagining Sam surrounded by Players on O.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The only way I think I could get behind this is if they took Evans first and got JM at 13.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if someone gave them a first round pick for Bradford and they somehow wound up with Manziel, Matthews, and Evans?