Game Thread: Rams @ Chargers (2014 Game 11)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
OPENING STATEMENT:

We all expect a well played game and a Rams win today!

But; this is the NFL. Most every game in this league is closely contested. Every game is filled with mistakes and missed opportunities.

The mods are committed to protecting our safe haven from excessive negativity and any posts or topics that divide our membership.

So, if the game takes a turn to your disliking, please back away from the keyboard and rejoin the talk when a cooler head returns.

This is a message board. It should be fun. That's why we are here!

Enjoy the game everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's Gameday
emmanuel-sanders-rodney-mcleod.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The mods are committed to protecting our safe haven from excessive negativity and any posts or topics that divide our membership.

is this some kind of joke? these game threads are a cesspool of negativity. i can't even read a game thread during a game anymore because of the all the shit that gets flung if every single play isn't perfect. i've tried to read them a couple of times when i couldn't watch the game to try and get a feel of the game (more so than just looking at the play by play details on nfl.com) and i felt ill reading most of the posts slamming every player on the team because some plays didn't work out. even i do it when coverages get blown.

anyway, that's the end of my rant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
is this some kind of joke? these game threads are a cesspool of negativity. i can't even read a game thread during a game anymore because of the all the crap that gets flung if every single play isn't perfect. i've tried to read them a couple of times when i couldn't watch the game to try and get a feel of the game (more so than just looking at the play by play details on nfl.com) and i felt ill reading most of the posts slamming every player on the team because some plays didn't work out. even i do it when coverages get blown.

It counts towards everyones body of work here, if you post nothing but crap you will get noticed, if you post something that crosses a line you will be noticed. If you do see something you believe has crossed a line, if you click on "Tools" then "Report" it will get dealt with.

I think there's got to be some leeway as people are posting on pure emotion, but there's still a line.

Of course I can't speak for the mods, and I'm sure they'll correct me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
is this some kind of joke? these game threads are a cesspool of negativity. i can't even read a game thread during a game anymore because of the all the crap that gets flung if every single play isn't perfect. i've tried to read them a couple of times when i couldn't watch the game to try and get a feel of the game (more so than just looking at the play by play details on nfl.com) and i felt ill reading most of the posts slamming every player on the team because some plays didn't work out. even i do it when coverages get blown.

The game thread is like a Twitter feed and tends to be too rapid fire and quick reaction for some to enjoy. But I think we do a pretty good job with it.

You can always avoid it.

And Rams and Gators nailed it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The game thread is like a Twitter feed and tends to be too rapid fire and quick reaction for some to enjoy. But I think we do a pretty good job with it.

You can always avoid it.

And Rams and Gators nailed it.

i really wasn't complaining about it. i just thought the sentence i quoted was pretty funny.

and yes, i do avoid it for most part.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Let's go Rams we need to have a good game and string some wins together.And beating SD in their house would be huge for this team right now.

RamWoodie

Legend
Looking forward to a complete game by the Rams on the road...but I can't lie either. Yellow flags are cautioning me after that whipping they gave Denver. The Rams have a young secondary...so even though they did well against Manning,..they need to stay level headed today and not get the "big head"!

I can see a close game...like Rams 23 Chargers 20...(y)

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I'm getting pumped! Hope our D brings the heat all day. Go Rams!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think we need a good photo essay to start the day, so here are two Plays/Players Rivers and the Chargers need to look-out for , and some sage advice....
2014-10-29_12-04-12.jpg
2014-10-29_12-04-30.jpg
peytonadvice.jpg

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Besides the niner and seahawk games, this is the one I want the most because of where I live.
Believe me when I say that there are plenty of charger "fans" that will be in my ear if we lose. Even though a lot of these "fans" couldn't name two players on their OL, it will still bother me to hear the yapping....

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
At Qualcomm. My first live Rams game! Been a fan since the sixties. Rams fans everywhere. The most I've ever seen in one spot. It's awesome! Go Rams!!!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
At Qualcomm. My first live Rams game! Been a fan since the sixties. Rams fans everywhere. The most I've ever seen in one spot. It's awesome! Go Rams!!!
Can't believe I'm not going, honestly just too house poor right now to justify it. It WILL be real nice watching it on the 55 in HD, no scrambling for crappy feeds or going to a bar with no sound....