Gaines, Cooper and Spruce

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Full participation in practice, and should finally see some playing time. How much difference will they make? I'm really excited to see if they can make some plays. D really needs Gaines back.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't expect them to take any targets away from Britt, Austin and Kendricks but they may get one or two if they get playing time. There's no way they have a rapport with Keenum.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I like having Cooper and Spruce available for this game. Gives the offense a few new wrinkles that the Cardinals won't be ready for.:mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil:

…..

Legend
Coop become WR3 automatically. He will be involved. They have been practicing on a limited basis so i wouldnt say ZERO rapport with Keenum.

Hoping Spruce get an opportunity to earn better than WR5 targets. I bet his first catch comes on a 3rd and short in the second half but im not sure how else he fits in without sitting another key element. We all want to see him but the reality is that the numbers game doesnt support him being active. If he does get activated on game day then do we activate 6? Will be interesting to see which way they go.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm only expecting a contribution from EJ Gaines....and actually, I'd rather get Mike Thomas some targets (a REAL ST ace...so far) ...As far as Bradley Marquez...I still don't understand how this guy made the team...Just getting on the field will be good for Cooper..blocking...running some routes..this is an experienced secondary, but they are definitely on the ropes...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Full participation in practice, and should finally see some playing time. How much difference will they make? I'm really excited to see if they can make some plays. D really needs Gaines back.
I don't expect a lot from them, Cooper and Spruce, to begin with But it will be nice to see them getting some playing time! Gaines is needed, he was a Factor against the Cards Last Year!!(y);):D:yess:

EJGaines6x.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Excellent news!

I look forward to seeing Cooper and Spuce with the real bullets flying.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If both Coop and Spruce active who sits. Thomas or marques

It'll depend on who matches up better against the Cards. The coaching staff will be looking thoroughly at this. I'd say Spruce since he catches better on traffic. Will be reliable on 3rd and short situations.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Who's inactive if those guys are active? That's the big question. Sensabaugh? Marques or Quick? Thomas or Hemingway? I want to see Spruce and Cooper and I'd be fine with Marques and Thomas inactive.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Who's inactive if those guys are active? That's the big question. Sensabaugh? Marques or Quick? Thomas or Hemingway? I want to see Spruce and Cooper and I'd be fine with Marques and Thomas inactive.
I'd think at least one of Marquez or Thomas to be active due to their St roles. Gaines back would be awesome for our DB depth.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Judging by the lack of production from rookie TE Higbee, who we had higher hopes for initially, I don't see much of an impact from Coop and Spruce.

With regards to EJ I just hope we don't rush him back. Give him one more week if need be for our home game against the Bills.

fearsomefour

Legend
Coop become WR3 automatically. He will be involved. They have been practicing on a limited basis so i wouldnt say ZERO rapport with Keenum.

Hoping Spruce get an opportunity to earn better than WR5 targets. I bet his first catch comes on a 3rd and short in the second half but im not sure how else he fits in without sitting another key element. We all want to see him but the reality is that the numbers game doesnt support him being active. If he does get activated on game day then do we activate 6? Will be interesting to see which way they go.
Cooper is the three by default I guess. Don't remember doing anything in preseason but drop balls and make one great catch where he injured himself.

ausmurp

Starter
I'm only expecting a contribution from EJ Gaines....and actually, I'd rather get Mike Thomas some targets (a REAL ST ace...so far) ...As far as Bradley Marquez...I still don't understand how this guy made the team...Just getting on the field will be good for Cooper..blocking...running some routes..this is an experienced secondary, but they are definitely on the ropes...

First person to say what I'm feeling too on marquez..he made the team bc our coach thinks WRs need to be able to tackle. Which is so stupid. With this logic we're making it harder to impossible to find a guy like Diggs in the draft.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really think to make Coop and Spruce feel comfortable, we should have that back up QB that they are used to, throwing the ball in Phoenix:whistle: