Frustrating Draft!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I will say that I am pretty happy with the Rams draft so far but with that being said I will also say that the 1st two rounds were very frustrating to me as they developed! I was really hoping to see the Rams get Scherff or Flowers (Assuming Mariota, Cooper and White would all be gone!) with their top pick only to see them both gone (Flowers at #9/1 Pick ahead of the Rams!) by the time the Rams picked and then I was keeping my fingers crossed that DGB would last until the Rams 41st pick only to see him get selected by the Titans with the 40th pick (AGAIN, 1 Pick ahead of the Rams!)! Needless to say I was not too happy after the 1st two rounds but after reviewing the players the Rams did end up drafting I do feel much better about their Draft (But, I would still be happier if they had gotten Scherff or Flowers AND DGB!)!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Think of how much more frustrated you would have been if your targets were still available and the Rams passed on them!

Seeing Scherff go to Washington was tough - cause I knew Flowers wouldn't make it past NYG.

But all is well that ends well.

DLux27

Rookie
Yeah I was bummed about DGB for sure, Gurley and DGB could have been some top notch playmaker for us, throw in Austin, Britt, Kendricks, and Cooks Woulda been nasty

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Think of how much more frustrated you would have been if your targets were still available and the Rams passed on them!

Seeing Scherff go to Washington was tough - cause I knew Flowers wouldn't make it past NYG.

But all is well that ends well.

I guess we may never know but I am curious if the Rams would had picked DGB if he had lasted ONE more pick! Like you said I would had been really frustrated if he was there at 41 and the Rams chose someone else!

lockdnram21

Legend
I guess we may never know but I am curious if the Rams would had picked DGB if he had lasted ONE more pick! Like you said I would had been really frustrated if he was there at 41 and the Rams chose someone else!
I think Rams were Picking OLINE no matter what. The only way I think they would have thought about taking a wr early is if Cooper or White would have fell to 10. But after I hear how much they wanted Gurley I think they would have passed on them to. Just don't think Fisher values wr like some te asms

iced

I will say that I am pretty happy with the Rams draft so far but with that being said I will also say that the 1st two rounds were very frustrating to me as they developed! I was really hoping to see the Rams get Scherff or Flowers (Assuming Mariota, Cooper and White would all be gone!) with their top pick only to see them both gone (Flowers at #9/1 Pick ahead of the Rams!) by the time the Rams picked and then I was keeping my fingers crossed that DGB would last until the Rams 41st pick only to see him get selected by the Titans with the 40th pick (AGAIN, 1 Pick ahead of the Rams!)! Needless to say I was not too happy after the 1st two rounds but after reviewing the players the Rams did end up drafting I do feel much better about their Draft (But, I would still be happier if they had gotten Scherff or Flowers AND DGB!)!

I think they would have passed on every prospect that everyone wanted in round 1 cause they were gurley all the way

Hard to say about DGB - I think they were fielding offers and hoping tennessee wouldn't take him. when they did,trade back since they "had a cluster of linemen they liked", as snead put it

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I wonder if they wanted DGB at all.

I doubt it. He doesn't give them anything they don't already have, they don't need another big receiver with questionable hands and outside issues.