Free Sunday Ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just a reminder in case anyone missed it:

How to get Sunday Ticket for free if you are still with DirecTV:
Call DirecTV customer service - 800-531-5000.

DO NOT go to a customer service rep, they are gatekeepers between you and retention and, while you will still get Sunday Ticket in the end, it will take a LOT of time and effort to get past them - go directly to retention who has the power and willingness to give up the house to keep you. You amass "retention credit" every year they will gladly spend on you to keep you. LOTS of "retention credit."

To do this, when the digital voice asks why you are calling, say cancel.

She will ask if you want to cancel your account, say yes. Don't worry, they won't let you.

She will ask if you are moving, say no.

beep beep beep beep beep beep

Retention rep:I understand you want to close your account?

You:Yes please. My wife says we can't afford Sunday ticket this season and that's really the only reason I have DirecTV, cable has a great deal right now.

Retention rep:OK, well, let me pull up your account....

Retention rep:Oh, well it says here you qualify for free Sunday Ticket, would that be OK?

You:Yes, yes it would, thank you. :dancing:

I do this every season and I have Sunday Ticket MAX. So far, 4 years running, it has never failed anyone who tried it that I'm aware of. If they try to just discount Sunday Ticket, just repeat you can't afford it. No fear, they will not let you cancel. (However, if you are in your first year, you may have to settle for a discount, or maybe if you took some other offer like free HBO recently, I don't know)

In the last two seasons when I called they have given me Sunday Ticket, Sunday Ticket MAX, all new Genie equipment, DirecTV GO box, their MLB package, and $25 off my bill for 6 months the last two years. You can also ask for movie channels.

I got the GO box by asking how I set my box to record when I'm away because I travel and miss games. I really didn't know and was just asking.

Retention rep:We have a GO box that lets you record to your Genie and stream recorded content anywhere. It's $99, a one time cost and no subscription fees, would you like it?

Me:I'd love it, but I can't afford it. Thanks.

Retention rep:Can you afford it at $49.99 spread over 6 months?

Me:Hm, thanks for the offer, but I can't.

Retention rep:Can you afford it at $49.99 if I credit your account another $15 for 6 months?

Me:Why yes, I could! Thanks!
Yes, they PAID ME to take DirecTV GO. True story. Be nice. Be sad. Then be thankful and do the survey and give them raving reviews.

My retention rep this season was Amanda. What a sweety! Prettiest voice and wanted nothing more than to talk football while we were waiting.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just a reminder in case anyone missed it:

How to get Sunday Ticket for free if you are still with DirecTV:
Call DirecTV customer service - 800-531-5000.

DO NOT go to a customer service rep, they are gatekeepers between you and retention and, while you will still get Sunday Ticket in the end, it will take a LOT of time and effort to get past them - go directly to retention who has the power and willingness to give up the house to keep you. You amass "retention credit" every year they will gladly spend on you to keep you. LOTS of "retention credit."

To do this, when the digital voice asks why you are calling, say cancel.

She will ask if you want to cancel your account, say yes. Don't worry, they won't let you.

She will ask if you are moving, say no.

Retention rep:I understand you want to close your account?

You:Yes please. My wife says we can't afford Sunday ticket this season and that's really the only reason I have DirecTV, cable has a great deal right now.

Retention rep:OK, well, let me pull up your account....

Retention rep:Oh, well it says here you qualify for free Sunday Ticket, would that be OK?

You:Yes, yes it would, thank you. :dancing:

I do this every season and I have Sunday Ticket MAX. So far, 4 years running, it has never failed anyone who tried it that I'm aware of. If they try to just discount Sunday Ticket, just repeat you can't afford it. No fear, they will not let you cancel. (However, if you are in your first year, you may have to settle for a discount, or maybe if you took some other offer like free HBO recently, I don't know)

In the last two seasons when I called they have given me Sunday Ticket, Sunday Ticket MAX, all new Genie equipment, DirecTV GO box, their MLB package, and $25 off my bill for 6 months the last two years. You can also ask for movie channels.

I got the GO box by asking how I set my box to record when I'm away because I travel and miss games. I really didn't know and was just asking.

Retention rep:We have a GO box that lets you record to your Genie and stream recorded content anywhere. It's $99, a one time cost and no subscription fees, would you like it?

Me:I'd love it, but I can't afford it. Thanks.

Retention rep:Can you afford it at $49.99 spread over 6 months?

Me:Hm, thanks for the offer, but I can't.

Retention rep:Can you afford it at $49.99 if I credit your account another $15 for 6 months?

Me:Why yes, I could! Thanks!
Yes, they PAID ME to take DirecTV GO. True story. Be nice. Be sad. Then be thankful and do the survey and give them raving reviews.

My retention rep this season was Amanda. What a sweety! Prettiest voice and wanted nothing more than to talk football while we were waiting.

I'm fixing to move so this would be the perfect time to do this I think.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I tried this a few years ago after having Direct TV for 3 years and the guy wouldn't budge. I told him I was having surgery on my neck and my wife is pregnant. The new Governor just cut my job and I couldn't afford it. All he was willing to do was cancel Sunday Ticket and give me Direct TV for $50.00 for a year. I took it and then called up three months later and reordered NFL Sunday ticket.

I know a guy that pays 150 every year. I don't get it. Either th guy didnt like, didn't believe me or was just a prick. All of the stuff that I told him was true. 2011 was a rough year.