Free Agency - Stupid Question!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I didn't think teams could sign Free Agents until March 10th but the Browns apparently just signed QB Josh McCown. I am guessing there are certain Free Agents teams can sign now and others they can't until March 10th? If that is the case are there any Free Agents the Rams might be looking to sign before March 10th?

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
If a player is cut they can be signed at any time. Only impeding free agents have to wait until March 10th to sign with other teams

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If a player is cut they can be signed at any time. Only impeding free agents have to wait until March 10th to sign with other teams

Thanks for the clarification! So, we could possibly see the Rams making some moves (Roster additions) in the near future (Of course, I guess March 10th would be considered the near future!).

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
March 10th, thanks wasn't sure on the exact date when free agency starts.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yea, think of it this way, the Free Agents that are waiting until March 10th are not technically Free Agents yet. We call them that out of anticipation but players like Kenny Britt, Joe Barksdale, etc are still under contract with the Rams until March 10th and that is when they become free agents. Now if the team decides to terminate a contract early (i.e. Landford), then he is no longer on the team and truly is a free agent and can sign with whoever he wants.

paceram

Pro Bowler
@paceram the only stupid question is the one that's never asked man. :cool:

Thanks Dagonet! But, I have to admit that I certainly think I ask some stupid questions sometimes (In fact, more than my fair share!)!

paceram

Pro Bowler
Yea, think of it this way, the Free Agents that are waiting until March 10th are not technically Free Agents yet. We call them that out of anticipation but players like Kenny Britt, Joe Barksdale, etc are still under contract with the Rams until March 10th and that is when they become free agents. Now if the team decides to terminate a contract early (i.e. Landford), then he is no longer on the team and truly is a free agent and can sign with whoever he wants.

Thanks Jorgeho605! That does help clear up Free Agency a lot to me!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
There are no stupid questions. just stupid people who ask them.

With that said, I didn't make the mcCown connection until Paceram brought it up.

Guess I'm even more stupid for never asking the question

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Thanks Dagonet! But, I have to admit that I certainly think I ask some stupid questions sometimes (In fact, more than my fair share!)!

Pace.... You're never going to learn anything by not asking. Just saying.. It's all good man.. That's what this board is here for man.. I may be wrong, but we're all a community here helping each other? The Libertarian way. :)

paceram

Pro Bowler
Pace.... You're never going to learn anything by not asking. Just saying.. It's all good man.. That's what this board is here for man.. I may be wrong, but we're all a community here helping each other? The Libertarian way. :)

Thanks! I really do appreciate all the Rams fans help & information on this site!!!

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Thanks! I really do appreciate all the Rams fans help & information on this site!!!

Look at it this way.. We're like the Knights of the Round Table.. All equal no matter of knowledge.. Okay, I've had to much wine tonight and getting philosophical .. :cool: o_O :LOL: But mean what I say.

Also give me time.. I usually come up with a ignorant question every month around here. ;)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

With that said, I didn't make the mcCown connection until Paceram brought it up.

My sig says it all.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

....So, you're calling Paceram stupid? ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
beer.gif

jjab360

Legend
Not a stupid question really, I would bet the majority of football fans wouldn't know the answer.