1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Forrest Lamp/Greg Robinson swap

Discussion in 'NFL DRAFT / COLLEGE FOOTBALL' started by WestCoastRam, Apr 26, 2017.

1. WestCoastRam

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

What are the odds that Forrest Lamp is on the roster after Friday night and Greg Robinson is off the roster then too?

If Lamp falls, Rams grab Lamp. Tackles are terrible in this draft. So a team that missed out on tackle decides to send a 5th and change for Robinson? Would you take it?

Havenstein moves back to RT.

Heck, the Rams might get a better deal to move Havenstein and keep Robinson.

2. TexasRam

Pro Bowler
    Expand Collapse

I would poop my pants and shout Hallelujah!

[​IMG]

3. jrry32

Legend
    Expand Collapse

I'd turn it down. Why not have my cake and eat it too? I can still get Lamp and have Robinson.

• Like Like x 2
    • HaHaHa HaHaHa x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Noregar

Rookie
    Expand Collapse

I cannot see anyone willing trade a high pick for a one year contract player and take on Robinson's big salary. For the Rams it also makes no sense to cut him since his 2017 salary is fully guaranteed. Even though he has been a disappointment based on his draft status and his performance is not commensurate to his paycheck he still has value to the Rams who are already on the hook for his big salary. IMO GR has the heart/desire to grind with the physicality of the game in the trenches but he just does not have the desire to become a student of the game. Some may disagree but GR is at least a serviceable player and maybe Kromer can make him more than that in 2017. GR is playing for his next contract and that always seems to bring out more from most players.

5. Elmgrovegnome

Legend
    Expand Collapse

I don't think anyone wants Robinson right now. Maybe if he had a lighter contract. I am holding out hope that Kromer can fix him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
    ROD Credit | 2016 Richest Members
    Expand Collapse

Can we trade Havestein instead?

7. 12intheBox

Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

Home Page:
    Getting Lamp in Horns is an excellent idea - but there is no need to trade GRob or Hav. Lamp can play center.

8. JackDRams

King of Twitter
    Rams On Demand Sponsor
    Expand Collapse

Did you even read the OPs post? Nowhere did he say a high pick was traded for Robinson, nor did he say Robinson was cut. His scenario was Lamp falls, we draft him, and trade Robinson for a 5th round pick.

9. Ram65

Rams Time To Turn It Around
    Expand Collapse

I think his ankle injury slowed him down last year. He was so much better his rookie year. Interested to see if he gets a shot at RT again. I would love Lamp for the offensive line. Don't think anyone would give a 5th round pick for GRob. Let's see who wins the RT position.

10. Merlin

Golden Shellback
    Expand Collapse

Yep, sadly at this point his greatest value is to us and praying that Kromer can get him going. And for the record if that happens I still wouldn't pay him as a FA. Let him walk and if he plays well we get a decent comp pick.

• Like Like x 2