Former Rams QB Jim Everett gives Jared Goff advice on L.A. pressure

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...for-jared-goff-on-the-pressure-of-los-angeles

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15430195

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff had been in his new hometown for all of about two hours when he got his first opportunity to connect the franchise's future with its past.

Sitting with coach Jeff Fisher and senior director of communications Artis Twyman in advance of his introductory news conference, Goff was grabbing a bite to eat and recounting the whirlwind 48 hours that preceded it when two of his long ago predecessors walked in the room. Fisher promptly introduced Goff to Jim Everett and Vince Ferragamo, two of the most productive passers in Rams history.

"That was a really special moment for us to have them come in and really be the first people to greet Jared, and it was really cool," Fisher said. "That’s the start of a long relationship between you three."

Goff, who wears No. 16 in honor of Joe Montana, is a student of the game's history and quickly recognized the duo.

upload_2016-5-3_18-43-5.png

"That’s why I think this makes sense," Everett said. "I don’t know if it makes sense for all teams to do what the Rams did but it makes sense. We have Gurley, we have an offensive line that’s young, that’s bonding, that I think ‘Are there question marks? Yeah, but we’ve got to give these young guys a chance.’ But having a running back I think is key to a young quarterback’s start. Ask Troy Aikman. He wouldn’t be where he was without Emmitt Smith."

Everett paused, acknowledging that Aikman also had guys like Michael Irvin to ease the burden. He smiles, perhaps aware of how the Rams planned to spend their day 3 picks looking for help in the passing game.

"You can’t leave out the receiver," Everett said. "So I would love to see him out there right now. In my most successful years, the tight end is important, especially in a ball control passing offense and I think that’s something that needs to be addressed and wide receiver. But those guys will get it."

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I dont recall Jim handling any pressure very well lol

Maybe you should have watched this game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8514rVvPrc

The significance of the so-called phantom sack is one of the most overrated things ever.

"You can’t leave out the receiver," Everett said. "So I would love to see him out there right now. In my most successful years, the tight end is important, especially in a ball control passing offense and I think that’s something that needs to be addressed and wide receiver. But those guys will get it."

May Tyler Higbee be to Jared Goff what Pete "3rd Down and Automatic" Holohan was to Jim Everett.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

The significance of the so-called phantom sack is one of the most overrated things ever.

May Tyler Higbee be to Jared Goff what Pete "3rd Down and Automatic" Holohan was to Jim Everett.

Thanks for the flashback memory of Flippers career night, as Henry Ellard sat out injured.

Did anyone notice when they flashed the previous record holder on the broadcast, the irony?......Stephone Paige....who previously partnered with another receiver from Fresno State in 1983 named....Henry Ellard.

Ram65

Legend

I agree. Everett could throw the rock. I remember Flippers big night and his OT TD against the N Y Giants right through the tunnel. My buddy a Giants fan was stunned!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...for-jared-goff-on-the-pressure-of-los-angeles

View: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15430195

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff had been in his new hometown for all of about two hours when he got his first opportunity to connect the franchise's future with its past.

Sitting with coach Jeff Fisher and senior director of communications Artis Twyman in advance of his introductory news conference, Goff was grabbing a bite to eat and recounting the whirlwind 48 hours that preceded it when two of his long ago predecessors walked in the room. Fisher promptly introduced Goff to Jim Everett and Vince Ferragamo, two of the most productive passers in Rams history.

"That was a really special moment for us to have them come in and really be the first people to greet Jared, and it was really cool," Fisher said. "That’s the start of a long relationship between you three."

Goff, who wears No. 16 in honor of Joe Montana, is a student of the game's history and quickly recognized the duo.

View attachment 13514

"That’s why I think this makes sense," Everett said. "I don’t know if it makes sense for all teams to do what the Rams did but it makes sense. We have Gurley, we have an offensive line that’s young, that’s bonding, that I think ‘Are there question marks? Yeah, but we’ve got to give these young guys a chance.’ But having a running back I think is key to a young quarterback’s start. Ask Troy Aikman. He wouldn’t be where he was without Emmitt Smith."

Everett paused, acknowledging that Aikman also had guys like Michael Irvin to ease the burden. He smiles, perhaps aware of how the Rams planned to spend their day 3 picks looking for help in the passing game.

Nice hearing from Everett!(y):D:D
But Wagoner and his B minus grade for the Rams Draft!! FUCK HIM!!
He's a D-Bag always has been, and always will be!! :seizure:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Thanks for the flashback memory of Flippers career night, as Henry Ellard sat out injured.

Did anyone notice when they flashed the previous record holder on the broadcast, the irony?......Stephone Paige....who previously partnered with another receiver from Fresno State in 1983 named....Henry Ellard.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I was watching in a sports bar because I didn't have cable at the time. So many times in the game it seemed hopeless, and I was tempted to get up and leave. But this little voice inside my head kept telling me to stay ... and man, what a reward. I felt like my feet were two feet off the ground walking out of the place that night, such an awesome comeback, and what a great game of pitch and catch between Everett and Flipper Anderson. One of my favorite Rams memories of all time.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I agree. Everett could throw the rock. I remember Flippers big night and his OT TD against the N Y Giants right through the tunnel. My buddy a Giants fan was stunned!

Another great memory from the same season. Man, that was a fun team to watch.

rdw

Pro Bowler

I was a wee lad of 15 years when I watched that game. One of those moments that cement your budding fandom for life. What a moment!

RAMBUSH

Starter

My bud named his dog flipper after winning a bundle on that game. Ha aha

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was a wee lad of 15 years when I watched that game. One of those moments that cement your budding fandom for life. What a moment!
And Everett still holds the "Teams All-Time Passing Yards Record"!!(y)(y):D

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jim Rome?

Rome was such a dick. He felt safe talking tough because he felt the press was untouchable. There is a difference between discussing a topic and taunting an athlete. Everett's mistake as getting on Rome's show instead of luring him to a dark alley.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Rome was such a dick. He felt safe talking tough because he felt the press was untouchable. There is a difference between discussing a topic and taunting an athlete. Everett's mistake as getting on Rome's show instead of luring him to a dark alley.

Ditto on Rome, x 1000. Never really liked that punk, he's more style than substance. My biggest unsatisfied wish is that Everett got pulled away before he had a chance to punch Rome right in his c*cksucker, which he so richly deserved.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This may be old news... but I had a wonderful dog that I named after Jim Everett. Jim's nickname was Blade and that's the name I gave my fat pug. Obviously I was, and still am, a huge Everett Fan.

I fucking hate rome. So annoying.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually like Rome prior t that but haven't given him a thought since.
Don't know why Everett went on there, was a no win
Rome acted with such a gross amount of impunity, and Jimbo rewarded him by not knocking him out. Sure he grabbed him but that was like the guy that waits to take a swing while the police are showing up

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I actually like Rome prior t that but haven't given him a thought since.
Don't know why Everett went on there, was a no win
Rome acted with such a gross amount of impunity, and Jimbo rewarded him by not knocking him out. Sure he grabbed him but that was like the guy that waits to take a swing while the police are showing up

Rome reminded me of the Middle school kid on the school bus that taunts the high school kids, knowing that they wont retaliate.