Former Ram Isaiah Pead Cut By Steelers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just read at SB Nation (posted there 5:26am Nov 28). Steelers gave no reason. I can guess: can't hang onto the ball.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...release-isaiah-pead-and-promote-rb-fitzgerald

The team released RB Isaiah Pead and promoted RB Fitzgeral Toussaint from their practice squad. The move begs several questions as Pead was signed by the Steelers and placed on the active roster when Le'Veon Bellwas lost for the season with a torn MCL. Toussaint was on the team's practice squad at that time, but the team selected Pead to take Bell's roster spot over Toussaint.

Nonetheless, the team has curiously released Pead and Toussaint now finds himself on the active roster. Toussaint spent 2014 on the Baltimore Ravens practice squad, but was released when teams trim their roster to the 53-man standard.

The reason for Pead's release was not released by the team, but Tomlin talked highly of Pead coming off the bye week in his weekly press conference Tuesday.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I wonder what does this mean? Like, is this good (we recognized it too) or bad (he didn't last a month):thinking::bueller::notsure:......

ramfaninkc

UDFA
Didn't he say that Pittsburgh would give him the opportunity he didn't get in St. Louis? Well they gave him less than a month...:thinking:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/pead-released.13063/

PEAD RELEASED

I don't think Pead is very good at blitz pick up ...IMO this is why he was let go...
--------
I read one comment on the release...that was saying , since the Ravens had lost forsett for the season that they may have wanted to snatch him back from p.s...now that make better sense in a counter move. But, still doesn't justify anything
--------
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/isaiah-pead?id=2532926 Here it is and what I seen on tape from him, I am sure the Team intended to run him or use a quick passing game ....His lack of willingness to block is a problem for a NFL RB and probably resulted in him being cut....
----------
Pead used to be mega-fast and even broke Archie Griffin's high school records but it seems the ACL tear he suffered in 2014 has taken that away.
--------
He was injured since we signed him. Probably, he never recovered of it and was only an insurance while our staff really saw what they had on the other backups and PS.
--------
Pead lost out because he can't be a every down RB like the Steelers want,and the Steelers lost the time they thought they had to carve out a role for him...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He just needs to take that A out of his name, then the Seaturds will snap him up in a minute!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Maybe this will be a humbling experience and he'll stop being a cocky a-hole who acts like everybody is out to get him and he's already earned his stripes and now he'll put effort into earning them.

Psycho_X

Legend
Man, the Steelers must not have given him a real chance either. That guy can't catch a break.

iced

bet he was grabbed for info on the Seahawks - and with forsetts injury, the steelers saw an opportunity to grab one of the Ravens Rb's

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Why? Is he really good with an air valve? Or did he major in videography in school?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The Steelers didn't waste a 2nd round pick on Pead so they had no trouble sending him on his way once they realized he completely sucked.