Forget the draft grade, look at the analysis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
This is Rob Rang's from cbssports.com. I think he has analyzed the Rams' draft fairly well.

St. Louis Rams: While the Rams already had a solid stable of backs, the addition of Todd Gurley turns an average unit into a potentially extraordinary one. A bulldozer with speed like Gurley complements the trade for quarterback Nick Foles and fits in with the run-heavy approach Jeff Fisher has always preached. While Gurley is an undeniable talent with Pro Bowl potential, the Rams needed to improve along the offensive line to take full advantage and St. Louis certainly tried, dedicating four picks to blockers. Of the group, former Wisconsin right tackle Rob Havenstein and Lousiville's Jamon Brown are the ones to watch, as each possesses the power and nastiness to help the Rams overwhelm opponents at the line of scrimmage. Quarterback Sean Mannion offers some of the same traits (and limitations) as Foles. Of St. Louis' Day Three picks, former Missouri wideout Bud Sasser could be the one to watch as he offers an intriguing blend of size and speed and emerged in 2014. Grade: B

paceram

Pro Bowler
This is Rob Rang's from cbssports.com. I think he has analyzed the Rams' draft fairly well.

St. Louis Rams: While the Rams already had a solid stable of backs, the addition of Todd Gurley turns an average unit into a potentially extraordinary one. A bulldozer with speed like Gurley complements the trade for quarterback Nick Foles and fits in with the run-heavy approach Jeff Fisher has always preached. While Gurley is an undeniable talent with Pro Bowl potential, the Rams needed to improve along the offensive line to take full advantage and St. Louis certainly tried, dedicating four picks to blockers. Of the group, former Wisconsin right tackle Rob Havenstein and Lousiville's Jamon Brown are the ones to watch, as each possesses the power and nastiness to help the Rams overwhelm opponents at the line of scrimmage. Quarterback Sean Mannion offers some of the same traits (and limitations) as Foles. Of St. Louis' Day Three picks, former Missouri wideout Bud Sasser could be the one to watch as he offers an intriguing blend of size and speed and emerged in 2014. Grade: B

Agree! I think that is a pretty good analysis and grade for the Rams past weekend Draft! I think that will go to an A+ if Gurley can get and stay healthy and if some of the drafted Offensive Linemen can solidify the Rams Offensive Line like Coach Fisher thinks they can! And, count me in (And, I might be the only one?!) as a Rams Fan that gets more impressed and excited about Sean Mannion the more I see and read about him! It will not surprise me to see him becoming the Rams future starting QB (But, I am not rushing this since I think Foles will do just fine for the immediate future!)!

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Current grades are darn near meaningless. Almost totally based on the graders opinion of the players and, this year more than most, evaluations were all over the place on most of the prospects. The question is whether the team improved itself or not. The Rams did but by how much remains to be seen. If Gurley is fully recovered and has a good year, and if a couple of the OLs become solid starters, it would be a very good draft. Guess we'll all know in a few months.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I actually like Wichmann the best of the OL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've seen Rang give us a B here, coulda swore I saw he gave us a C earlier....

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the draft to me is an "A", because they filled their needs on offense, which is the obvious weaker of the 2 units. if the running game comes to fruition, the Rams can control time of possession and keep the defense fresh for the 4th quarter where, hopefully, the opponents will need to pass , allowing the front four to go all out on pass rushing and blitzing which is a strength that needs to be utilized.
obviously a final grade isnt possible until 2, 3 years down the line, however one can hope that results are achieved quicker than that. and while some may bemoan certain players not being the ones they "wanted", no one can deny that the FO has done what was necessary to strengthen a weakness of the offensive unit in this draft.

MauiRam

Rookie
the draft to me is an "A", because they filled their needs on offense, which is the obvious weaker of the 2 units. if the running game comes to fruition, the Rams can control time of possession and keep the defense fresh for the 4th quarter where, hopefully, the opponents will need to pass , allowing the front four to go all out on pass rushing and blitzing which is a strength that needs to be utilized.
obviously a final grade isnt possible until 2, 3 years down the line, however one can hope that results are achieved quicker than that. and while some may bemoan certain players not being the ones they "wanted", no one can deny that the FO has done what was necessary to strengthen a weakness of the offensive unit in this draft.

I'm willing to give the Rams an A for effort in the draft. I'll wait until next year to grade the results.

Ramfreak

UDFA
Name
Ramfreak
Love the turnover on our offensive line. We may have some growing pains early but I think the growth will happen quickly going up against our dline in practice and all the defensive schemes Williams can throw at them in training camp.
This could be a very very good team with the addition of Foles and Gurley. Mason and the receiving core will be vastly improved with experience.
Fisher has plenty to get us in the postseason

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
This should be a year of major growth for us. I expect to be in playoff contention.