For those posters begging for more Watkins targets...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Let's all take a bow. A BIG one. Lol.

I would hate to have to defend this O right about now.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I had a feeling before the game last night it was gonna be Watkins coming out party, so glad he didn't disappoint!

Ramshack5

UDFA
Thank you Mcvay for such a sweet game plan. We pound them then hit them over the top with the action. 2 sweet!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That TD play on the goal line with Kupp and Watkins running a soft pick was brilliant and looks unstoppable

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was looking at his game logs yesterday and realized that he tends to have games where he goes for 30 yards and then has a 120 yard game to balance it out. I believe most number one wide receivers score like this outside of Julio , brown, and Odell. So yard wise he'll be up and down but he'll probably have 1000 plus yards and 8 plus TDs

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I said we would be better this year! Yay! I was right about Goff and I said Gurley would bounce back!!! Where is my validation???

WITNESS ME!!!!!!!! :sneaky:;)

nighttrain

Legend
I was looking at his game logs yesterday and realized that he tends to have games where he goes for 30 yards and then has a 120 yard game to balance it out. I believe most number one wide receivers score like this outside of Julio , brown, and Odell. So yard wise he'll be up and down but he'll probably have 1000 plus yards and 8 plus TDs
Watkins and Jones stats are identical first three(four) years, even the foot injury
train

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watkins and Jones stats are identical first three(four) years, even the foot injury
train
Yeah but Julio last year was a whole different animal. Hopefully Sammy follows that trend too!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had a feeling before the game last night it was gonna be Watkins coming out party, so glad he didn't disappoint!
I had the same feeling! I also thought that just maybe Woods would make up for his performance against the 'Skins! I was right on both counts!:LOL:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm expecting a different receiver to have more targets when we face Dallas. Kupp was the main target vs Indy, Everett vs Washington, Watkins vs SanFran; might be Reynolds next Sunday.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I'm expecting a different receiver to have more targets when we face Dallas. Kupp was the main target vs Indy, Everett vs Washington, Watkins vs SanFran; might be Reynolds next Sunday.
I predict Tevon. That is the way McVay works. He wants opposing defenses to have to worry about all his weapons.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes. Amazing job @Rams43 and congratulations.

logojpg_fimnal.331131442_std.jpg

What's really gonna be cool is next weekend when the Cowboys are rolling their coverages all over Watkins and Kupp puts up 8-10 catches for a buck fitty. I love how McVay uses all the weapons in this offense man, and it means we're going to see sustained success week to week because of it.

Ram65

Legend
The important thing is Goff didn't force the ball to Watkins. Could be a few reasons why it happened against the Whiners. Look for more in the future. If teams try to take out Watkins the Rams now have more options to go to.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Hard to cover all those weapons and mr. Gurly . Defenses beware. Wow, if wade can get our D in sync and force a few 3 and outs we can hang with anyone.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another glorious thing about Watkins.

Even when he's not open, he's open.

Such a WR has gotta get his targets. Period.

Look, I love all of our receiving weapons. And I like and respect McVay's philosophy of spreading the ball around.

But Watkins is elite. He must be fed to maximize our passing O. If he gets 10 targets per game, that's fine by me. It will only free up other players on the remaining plays.

I'm sure that McVay has such plans in mind. Goff seems increasingly able to execute a bigger and bigger playbook. Surely McVay wants to utilize plays and schemes that he's been holding back up to now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Last season's Skins offense in receptions:

Garcon 79 (72 in 2015)
Crowder 67 (78 in 2015)
Reed 66 (87 in 2015)
Jackson 56 (49 in 2015)
Thompson 49 (35 in 2015)
Davis 44

McVay loves to spread the ball around. Projecting to the Rams' personnel, he's not going to be able to go to our TEs as much so the WRs should have some bigger receptions numbers but you're still going to see an offense that focuses on spreading the ball around.

I'm thinking Watkins is 70-80 receptions. Woods probably similar since we wont have a TE in the 60+ range. Kupp probably comes in at the 60-70 range. Gurley will eat up some big reception numbers too I think, which is good.

Next year is probably where that window opens to where we'll see Everett in the Reed range.