Foles back to Philly?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If nothing else, Foles(with help from #30) gifted me with the most satisfying win last season, and for that i thank you.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
So the Rams are going to trade Foles for Bradford and get Philly's 2nd round pick next year?;) Then trade him.
If Bradford gets a big contract this season then every player in the league should be hiring Bradford's agent.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
??? How are you figuring?

On a side note - I think we ought to put together a GoFundMe and make this happen.

They paid him $14m guaranteed. For what seems like one season as the starter.

jap

Legend
Whoever the Horns are using for QB gurus on their staff better charge up their gray matter. If we drop Nick, we need to make the best choice possible this off-season so we can take LA by storm. Too many QB injuries & snafus already!!! It's high time we become playoff relevant again.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Now that the Phi let it be known if its true Snead should be able to jack them for a good pick.

RamBill

Legend
Could Nick Foles be headed for a Philadelphia reunion?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ck-foles-be-headed-for-a-philadelphia-reunion

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- If the Los Angeles Rams are going to add to their quarterback position this offseason, the reality is that they're going to have to subtract at least one of the players currently on the depth chart.

Odds are that if they have to choose one signal-caller to delete, it will be veteran Nick Foles. Last week, I explored the Rams' options and what it would cost to let Foles go.

Of course, that didn't account for the (seemingly unlikely) chance that they'd be able to trade Foles. That could be where the Philadelphia Eagles come in, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Schefter reported that new Eagles coach Doug Pederson could be interested in a reunion with Foles as the Eagles go into this offseason. That's because Schefter also reported that though Philadelphia has interest in keeping quarterback Sam Bradford, it is unlikely to use the franchise tag to make sure that happens. If Bradford walks, the Eagles would be in the market for a quarterback all over again.

So, is an Eagles-Foles reunion feasible and would it work? Well, it depends on who you ask.

Phillyvoice.com's Jimmy Kempski makes the case for a Foles-for-DeMarco Murray swap.

NJ.com's Elliott Shorr-Parks is far more skeptical of a possible Foles return.

Regardless, the Rams have to find a way to get better at quarterback. Finding a taker for Foles, especially via trade (even if it only nets a late-round pick), would be ideal because it would save the Rams a big chunk of money against the salary cap. Of course, that's also the reason it will be very difficult to find a team willing to trade for him.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Could Nick Foles be headed for a Philadelphia reunion?
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ck-foles-be-headed-for-a-philadelphia-reunion

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- If the Los Angeles Rams are going to add to their quarterback position this offseason, the reality is that they're going to have to subtract at least one of the players currently on the depth chart.

Odds are that if they have to choose one signal-caller to delete, it will be veteran Nick Foles. Last week, I explored the Rams' options and what it would cost to let Foles go.

Of course, that didn't account for the (seemingly unlikely) chance that they'd be able to trade Foles. That could be where the Philadelphia Eagles come in, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Schefter reported that new Eagles coach Doug Pederson could be interested in a reunion with Foles as the Eagles go into this offseason. That's because Schefter also reported that though Philadelphia has interest in keeping quarterback Sam Bradford, it is unlikely to use the franchise tag to make sure that happens. If Bradford walks, the Eagles would be in the market for a quarterback all over again.

So, is an Eagles-Foles reunion feasible and would it work? Well, it depends on who you ask.

Phillyvoice.com's Jimmy Kempski makes the case for a Foles-for-DeMarco Murray swap.

NJ.com's Elliott Shorr-Parks is far more skeptical of a possible Foles return.

Regardless, the Rams have to find a way to get better at quarterback. Finding a taker for Foles, especially via trade (even if it only nets a late-round pick), would be ideal because it would save the Rams a big chunk of money against the salary cap. Of course, that's also the reason it will be very difficult to find a team willing to trade for him.

I don't want to get my hopes up, because this looks too good to be true. That being said, wouldn't it be awesome if we could pull off that swap, then use Murray as trade bait to move up in the draft. Hey Titans, you guys need a RB behind Mariota ... :)

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I don't want to get my hopes up, because this looks too good to be true. That being said, wouldn't it be awesome if we could pull off that swap, then use Murray as trade bait to move up in the draft. Hey Titans, you guys need a RB behind Mariota ... :)

Pretty sure the reason they'd swap Murray is because hes basically just as hard to get rid of as Foles at this point

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
what a disaster that trade turned out to be. the rams paid foles the same money they would have had to pay sam and watched him singlehandedly ruin their season with some of the worst display of qbing the league has ever seen. you win some, you lose some. the trade was as bad as it gets unless the 2nd rounder turns into gold

I don't see it that way.

Rams would not have won squat with Bradford. They got rid of his ridiculous contract AND got a nice high pick in return. Now they are right where they would have been anyway but with more ammo to move up and get their new QB.

They were doomed when they repeatedly put their hopes in Sam. Trading him was a no brainer.

Ram65

Legend
I don't see it that way.

Rams would not have won squat with Bradford. They got rid of his ridiculous contract AND got a nice high pick in return. Now they are right where they would have been anyway but with more ammo to move up and get their new QB.

They were doomed when they repeatedly put their hopes in Sam. Trading him was a no brainer.

IMHO the Rams may have made the playoffs with Sam last year. It's something we don't know. Too bad Sam wants too much money as he could be the Rams best hope at QB in 2016.

I hope the Rams can get something for Foles and lessen the cap hit.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
To removes Foles from the salary cap would be great in itself. To actually get a pick in return would be amazing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see it that way.

i beg to differ. they paid foles the exact same amount they would have to sam. foles ain't starting next season so the exact same amount of money for one season, even more. and he single handedly ruined their season for them.

the only reason they traded sam was injury concerns, not becuse they would not have won squat with him. anyone who thinks differently isn't being honest about the situation.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Please let this happen.

If the Rams get something for Foles, Snead will be a leading candidate for GM of the year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd take a cheesesteak straight from Philly for Foles at this point. Getting anything would be huge.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schefter is reaching. There's no way they bring Foles back.
In fact, I think there's a better chance Ron Jaworski plays qb for the Eagles again then Foles does

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
In fact, I think there's a better chance Ron Jaworski plays qb for them again then Foles does[/QUO.
In fact, I think there's a better chance Ron Jaworski plays qb for the Eagles again then Foles does

Maybe Jaws still has game..After all he's only about 200 years old

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
the only reason they traded sam was injury concerns, not becuse they would not have won squat with him. anyone who thinks differently isn't being honest about the situation.

I can't agree brother. So many fans believe in Sam, that with him this team would win, but even when he was healthy this team was hit and miss. I just don't see him as a difference maker that you and many others here do. He is very average, but has been living off his high draft status for far too long and still is according to the rumors about his contract demands plus the fact that two teams could not extend or lock him up. That Eagles offense looked so much like the Rams offense during Sam's tenure here that it was scary. He finished strong, to his credit, but meh.

I'm done giving Sam any sort of benefit of the doubt man. I don't blame the Rams for moving him. I don't think it was some enormous error either, regardless of the fact that Nick couldn't get it done either. Maybe I'm just being a hater, I don't know, but I think Sam is a weak leader in the huddle and the offense takes after him when he's in there. Now I'll go back to holding my tongue on the guy so those who still believe in him can make more excuses for him.