Foles 10 of 11 for 128 yards and a TD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Went to the game with my dad who just turned 74. A great night. Great weather. The sparse crowd (1/4 full) was into the game and seemed to be in great spirits.

That's the Foles I wanted to see. They pulled Mason early and they aren't making enough running holes, so that's still an issue.

I'm actually going to have to get on the Givens' bandwagon if this keeps up. What a great play to watch live.

Defense still not getting penetration and I'm still not worried.

I'm sitting in the Dome, looking around, not a bad seat in the house, thinking I can't believe this isn't considered good enough for an NFL team. Yeah, it's not flashy and it's boring, but it's still a good place to watch a game. My dad has already declared he won't be able to go to winter games outdoors. :(

My only hope now not to lose my football partner is the Kronke fails to move and takes over and builds a retractable roof... a man can dream.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Foles looked sharp and confident. I like the way he played today.
It's the pre-season so I'm trying to keep that in mind, but Cigs better be holding a whole lot back. We are as vanilla as they come so far.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Very nice.... Escaped pressure well. Overcame huge penalties by the offense. Absolutely nailed that throw to Givens.

The guy just needs to play...good to see him develop some rhythm tonight.

Go Nick Foles and Go Rams.

Obviously still some issues...but much better performance for our guys tonight
This is good to hear! I couldn't see the game, in my area, tonight. So I've had to rely on NFL.com's account and our ROD game day thread, to get an idea of what happened! It Sucked not being able to watch it Live!!

That deep ball to Givens looked absolutely effortless.
Side note: Keep givens, please.
BIG DITTO's on the 'Side note'!!(y)

FRO

Legend
Foles looked sharp and confident. I like the way he played today.
It's the pre-season so I'm trying to keep that in mind, but Cigs better be holding a whole lot back. We are as vanilla as they come so far.
I think they were really trying to get the run game going.

I really liked the screen game that we developed. Had some very successful screens. I am a bit concerned about our receiver's ability to consistently get open down the field. Seemed like our best plays outside the Givens bomb came from dump off passes. When we had to go down field it didn't seem like guys were open. The run game went nowhere.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think they were really trying to get the run game going.

I really liked the screen game that we developed. Had some very successful screens. I am a bit concerned about our receiver's ability to consistently get open down the field. Seemed like our best plays outside the Givens bomb came from dump off passes. When we had to go down field it didn't seem like guys were open. The run game went nowhere.
Last year Quick set the tone. He only played a couple snaps. I wish Givens had more then 1 trick

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sounds like Foles worked out some of the kinks that were worrying. Very glad to see that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Only got to see the highlights. Great play on the Foles to Givens bomb, but geezus is that a slooooow release or what? Lol.
Good stuff though :cheers:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He looked really great tonight actually. I said at the time I did'nt think the line played well - but he seemed to anticipate the pocket breaking down really well and kept his eyes downfield. Hopefully he feels he's got into some rhythm and got some rapport going with the guys - but I'll take 10 of 11 for 128 and a TD every Sunday if it gives us W's!

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Damn good game, was impressed, now do that consistently for an entire season and QB won't be a problem for us.

V3

Hall of Fame
Doesn't look as impressive when you look at Bradford's statline.

Still though, I like the way Foles played tonight. If he can play like that every game, we're a playoff team.
I don't think any QB will thrive under Fisher like they will under Kelly so I wouldn't even bother with the stat lines. They'll just torture you

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good to hear he played well. He just needs to play smart and within himself. And work on his lower body mechanics. We don't need a hero. Just avoid being a goat.

…..

Legend
Good to hear he played well. He just needs to play smart and within himself. And work on his lower body mechanics. We don't need a hero. Just avoid being a goat.

One thing I noticed was that on his 2nd series where we seemed to be driving the ball fairly well, we did'nt hit on any of our planned passes except for the screen play. There was two or three other passing plays that Foles had to check down to his 3rd option. So while I was dissapointed that our play execution failed, the good news is that at least Foles was able to move the pocket and find someone, particularly noticeable on the 3rd and 8 completion to Britt.

So Foles did play within himself, did use his feet to avoid the rush and prolong the plays long enough for the recievers to break off thier routes and get open. Encouraging in the context that you mention above. Dissappointing in that you'd like to see our route tree work in order to establish rythem.

Speedr@m

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing I noticed was that on his 2nd series where we seemed to be driving the ball fairly well, we did'nt hit on any of our planned passes except for the screen play. There was two or three other passing plays that Foles had to check down to his 3rd option. So while I was dissapointed that our play execution failed, the good news is that at least Foles was able to move the pocket and find someone, particularly noticeable on the 3rd and 8 completion to Britt.

So Foles did play within himself, did use his feet to avoid the rush and prolong the plays long enough for the recievers to break off thier routes and get open. Encouraging in the context that you mention above. Dissappointing in that you'd like to see our route tree work in order to establish rythem.

I will have to watch again to see if I notice the route tree stuff. You can't discount the pass rush pressure and the necessity to go to the backs. Some of those passes to the backs were also called plays. The Rams should be featuring these RBs in their pass game and not as check downs. It looks like they are preparing to do that.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm sitting in the Dome, looking around, not a bad seat in the house, thinking I can't believe this isn't considered good enough for an NFL team. Yeah, it's not flashy and it's boring, but it's still a good place to watch a game. My dad has already declared he won't be able to go to winter games outdoors. :(

Yeah I remember when I went I didn't really pay attention to how pretty the stadium was. My eyes were on the field at all times.

Whoever started the trend of fancy shmancy stadiums has ruined live games for the everyday fan, catering to the rich instead.

Psycho_X

Legend
I have no reason to think Foles can't play good enough to win us games. He just needs protection and that looks scary so far this preseason. Hopefully Havenstein gets better against speed rushers and the middle of our line quits collapsing .