Florio on Rams: "The wheels are about to come off"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/30/week-four-power-rankings-5/

Week Four power rankings
Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2014

1. Seattle Seahawks (No. 1 last week; 2-1): Richard Sherman is even better than the bye.

2. Cincinnati Bengals (No. 2; 3-0): Winning at Foxboro on Sunday night will no longer be viewed as an upset.

3. Denver Broncos (No. 3; 2-1): The team they need to be most worried about in the AFC resides in the AFC West.

4. Arizona Cardinals (No. 6; 3-0): Nothing wakes up a dead nerve faster than a couple of great performances from Drew Stanton.

5. Baltimore Ravens (No. 7; 3-1): Steve Smith arrived as a luxury; he has become a necessity.

6. Philadelphia Eagles (No. 4; 3-1): For a team with almost no offensive line, they’re not bad.

7. San Diego Chargers (No. 8; 3-1): The Chargers are glad the Jets are sticking with Geno Smith for their visit to San Diego.

8. Detroit Lions (No. 12; 3-1): Sunday’s visit from Kyle Orton and the Bills is precisely the kind of game the Lions of recent years would have found a way to lose under current Buffalo defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz.

9. Green Bay Packers (No. 14; 2-2): For this week’s spelling bee, Aaron Rodgers will try “euonym.”

10. Indianapolis Colts (No. 16; 2-2): Thirty years after the Colts escaped in the night to Indy, Baltimore’s current team will announce its arrival by kicking down the door.

11. San Francisco 49ers (No. 17; 2-2): “Who’s got it better than us? According to unnamed sources, everybody!”

12. Atlanta Falcons (No. 9; 2-2): At this rate, offensive line coach Mike Tice will be suiting up to play.

13. Dallas Cowboys (No. 19; 3-1): Glitz, glamor, glory.

14. Houston Texans (No. 20; 3-1): Maybe J.J. Watt should play quarterback, too.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers (No. 10; 2-2): Mike Tomlin doesn’t like being known as a players’ coach. If Sunday’s performance continues, he may not be known as any kind of coach.

16. Kansas City Chiefs (No. 24; 2-2): The biggest question from last night’s romp is this — how in the hell did they lose to the Titans?

17. New Orleans Saints (No. 11; 1-3): At least Rob Ryan won’t be able to blame the lack of head coaching opportunities on his hairdo.

18. Chicago Bears (No. 13; 2-2): The Bears should petition the NFL to play all remaining games on the road.

19. New England Patriots (No. 5; 2-2): Tom Brady said he’ll retire when he sucks; when is the press conference?

20. Carolina Panthers (No. 15; 2-2): Giving up 75 points in two games isn’t quite the best way to win the division again.

21. Buffalo Bills (No. 18; 2-2): Quarterback change now, coaching change later.

22. Cleveland Browns (No. 22; 1-2): No Manziel news during the bye week was the best news the Browns could have gotten.

23. New York Jets (No. 21; 1-3): With games coming up against the Chargers, Broncos, and Patriots, the clock is ticking on Geno.

24. Miami Dolphins (No. 25; 2-2): Maybe Joe Philbin should refuse to commit to Ryan Tannehill every week.

25. New York Giants (No. 26; 2-2): Yep, being on the hot seat is the best thing that could have happened to Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning.

26. Minnesota Vikings (No. 29; 2-2): Sixteen years ago, a rookie receiver helped the Vikings pull off a win for the ages at Lambeau Field. Now, Teddy Bridgewater gets his chance to do the same thing. If he can play.

27. St. Louis Rams (No. 27; 1-2): Take a look at the next eight games on the schedule. The wheels are about to come off.

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No. 32; 1-3): The quarterback of the past and the quarterback of the future still isn’t the quarterback of the present? Sure.

29. Washington (No. 23; 1-3): Robert Griffin III or Kirk Cousins? How about neither?

30. Tennessee Titans (No. 28; 1-3): Ken Whisenhunt says he may have overestimated his team. The rest of the world properly estimated them.

31. Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 31; 0-4): Shad Khan is showing far more patience with his football team than his soccer club.

32. Oakland Raiders (No. 30; 0-4): The bye week is favored by 9.5 points.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
FU Mike Florio.

BTW, does everybody remember last year's schedule when games against the Colts and Saints were both penciled in as L's for us?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't think this is a bad Rams football team. The Eagles will not be soaring this weekend.

PS - I'm also a homer but I think our guys are pretty talented.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't think this is a bad Rams football team. The Eagles will not be soaring this weekend.

PS - I'm also a homer but I think our guys are pretty talented.
Definitely talented, just not playing at a high level. They just need to fix some issues. Trumaine should be getting close to a return and that will help the secondary greatly.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I doubt it. Fisher isn't going to let the wheels fall off. Too much talent.

I see us floating in mediocrity with a boost at the end with a softer schedule. Will it be enough to make some noise? We'll have to wait and see.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We're in the process of putting the wheels back ON. One Sunday at a time. Oh - and Fuck off Florio.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I've been dabbling in magic lately and my crystal ball has our Rams winning 11 games.

Could see it getting really ugly if we lose to the Eagles, hopefully Fisher has spent the 2 weeks doing something (anything) to fix the D or the wheels will come off.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Just to add, I don't see the home game against the 49ers that follows the Eagles game to be a sure L by any means. They may have beaten the Eagles last week, but that team has a buttload of problems themselves.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
What a douchebag. Look who he has at #22 and #23. Are you kidding me?

22. Cleveland Browns (No. 22; 1-2): No Manziel news during the bye week was the best news the Browns could have gotten.

23. New York Jets (No. 21; 1-3): With games coming up against the Chargers, Broncos, and Patriots, the clock is ticking on Geno.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He's such a douche. He tries so hard to be funny and he's just not. The 49ers are not that good and we played the Seahawks awese at home last year. With the Cardinals, just score more then 20 points and you'll win. I don't even know half there starters on defense right now.