Fisher: everyone says they're ahead, Bradford actually is

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-theyre-ahead-of-schedule-bradford-really-is/

x610-25-e1344369928966.jpg

In the last few years, so many players recovering from torn ACLs have been described as “ahead of schedule” that it seems like everyone in the league has begun viewing ACL tears through rose-colored glasses. But in the case of Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, coach Jeff Fisher says he really, truly is ahead of schedule.

“You’re not gonna hear a head coach say he has a player on his team that’s not ahead of schedule coming off an ACL. Everybody says they’re all ahead of schedule. But he is realistically way ahead of schedule. He’s working hard,” Fisher said of Bradford, via the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Still, a torn ACL is serious business, and when the Rams open their offseason program today, Bradford won’t be able to do everything. Bradford is, however, on pace to be throwing during Organized Team Activities.

“Sam’s in a very good place considering what happened last year,” Fisher said. “I thought he was off to a great start. Had he stayed healthy his projected numbers could’ve been quite impressive. He’s worked hard through the process, and I would expect him at some point to be throwing in OTAs.”

Bradford tore his ACL six months ago, on October 20.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I find with Fisher, I can just believe the things I want and assume he's lying about all others.

It's not accurate, but it's convenient.

I believe him here.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
You can only view it as good news. I mean it's what you want to hear instead of hearing Bradford is having difficulty with healing and may need more surgery, right? Besides, even though an ACL is a serious deal, procedures and therapies have come along way in the past couple of decades and down time has been reduced. Bradford should be 100% by the time the season starts I would think. And as long as he's throwing already, he should be able to further build chemistry with his offense.

Alan

Legend
iced with this:
would assume this is good news for Jake too, considering last week these 2 were running on the treadmill together
I have no clue about Jake's status but he had his injury long after Sam's and the strees on his knees at OT are of a magnitude greater than a QBs. DOn't know what that means as far as when either will be back though. :cautious:

RFIP

Yep a full two months after Sam.

I have no clue about Jake's status but he had his injury long after Sam's and the strees on his knees at OT are of a magnitude greater than a QBs. DOn't know what that means as far as when either will be back though. :cautious:

RFIP

Sounds like he'll be ready for TC.

Man this is my hope. I not only want him back but I want him to be "as comfortable as possible" by week 1 and not worrying about his knee.

Let's be real here though, until he gets knocked around a little he's going to be somewhat jumpy.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Great news! After seeing that he was on the tread mill early and now this makes me think he will be completely healed by TC. Sam seems to be driven and will be looking to prove he is worthy. I'm looking forward to him tearing it up in 2014

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Fisher is showing strong public support for Sam.

It's the smart thing to do.

Encouragement for Sam. Keeps his spirits high, plus desire to play for Fisher and the Rams.

Gives stability to the team. The players aren't wondering who the QB is gonna be.

Makes others teams uncertain about if/when the Rams are drafting a QB. You want to keep everyone in the dark on your draft plans.

Of course, all this can quickly change if Bradford suffers another season ending injury.

wrstdude

Rookie
The reading comprehension skills of some people are completely lacking. Many were on twitter saying that because Bradford wasn't expected to throw until June, took it to mean that he isn't "capable" of throwing. Then making the jump that Mettenberger, because he threw at his pro-day, was farther along than Bradford.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to trash Bradford.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But what if fisher is saying Bradford is actually ahead of schedule because he knows that we know ahead of schedule is just a meaningless phrase and by acknowledging that he reinstates its validity :confused: the mind games continue, well played Jeff

Wake me up on draft day:sleep:

A55VA6

Legend
He'll be ready to go Week 1 and that's all I'm worried about. I don't expect Bradford to do anything in Preseason.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He'll be ready to go Week 1 and that's all I'm worried about. I don't expect Bradford to do anything in Preseason.

By that you mean, not play in preseason?

I'll be shocked if he doesn't. He should be able... and QBs more than any position need reps to sharpen up.

He'll play. Maybe not all 4 games as much as last season, but enough to be ready week 1.

FRO

Legend
Bradford will be ready by the first day of camp. Heck he may be able to meet with his receivers pre-camp like normal. I expect big things from him this year. Stupid Mike Mitchell really ruined a good year by Sam. Had Sam been able to finish the year we would probably be talking about an extension rather than constant wondering if he is the answer. Kid has the talent. Get him some help for once. The guy has always had below average players all around him.

A55VA6

Legend
By that you mean, not play in preseason?

I'll be shocked if he doesn't. He should be able... and QBs more than any position need reps to sharpen up.

He'll play. Maybe not all 4 games as much as last season, but enough to be ready week 1.
Yeah, I don't think he'll play in preseason. Maybe week 4 to get a few live reps in but I suppose it'll depend on how good he's doing at the time. I just don't know what Fisher's plan is.