Finally did it - DTV

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
No that doesn't stand for Disney TV but Directv.

Had it installed yesterday. Now here is the kicker and I have to toot my own horn a bit and yet still be a little stealthy.

I work for this big company. It's nAme is just leTTers. Well this company is expanding it's entertainment footprint and acquired DTV. Now here is where it gets really complicated...as an employee of said big letter company, I get DTV AND NFL Sunday Package for...wait for it...FREE!

I couldn't believe my lucky stars! Heck the best employee discount I had was 50% off so nothing to sneeze at but compared to FREE!!!

Just in time for the Rams opener! Now to figure out this new remote.

I thought I would never have the NFL package, cost was always an issue.

Thank you for letting me glot.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Good for you, i enjoy it very much. I DVR every Rams game in case I don't make it home by 1:00 from work, than I can just fast forward threw the commercials till I catch back up to live TV. Did you get the Genie ? We should have a good year, good time to pick it up. I have had it since the 99 season. Can"t wait till AT&T bundle in my area, so I can get the costs down. I have Fios internet and phone.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
So I need a directv account to be able to use sunday ticket right?

they have a student discount for the sunday ticket it's only $99 but we have time warner :(

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm going on my 5th season of NFL Sunday from DirectTV and I haven't paid a penny yet. I hope they continue being so giving since they got bought out by AT&T. God I hate AT&T.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
All new members that sign up with Direct tv gets the package for free. I've been getting mine for the last 3 years for free cause I always call and tell them that I'm gonna cancel if they don't give me the Sunday ticket for free. They always budge

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they have a student discount for the sunday ticket it's only $99 but we have time warner :(

Sort of. I don't have DirectTV but I just bought the streaming option. As long as your address qualifies, you're good. Just make sure it's your billing address on the card (or whatever you use to pay).

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man

You need Directv to get NFL Sunday ticket, to watch every Sunday game in full.

ohiorams

Rookie
All new members that sign up with Direct tv gets the package for free. I've been getting mine for the last 3 years for free cause I always call and tell them that I'm gonna cancel if they don't give me the Sunday ticket for free. They always budge

Explain further please

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Explain further please
First year they gave to me for free when I signed up for a 2yr plan. Next season I called and said I couldn't afford to pay for it but I would love to have it. They dropped the price down to $9.99 a month but I said it's still to much. I let them no I wouldn't be a customer after my plan expired if I didn't have Sunday ticket so the guy said ok. The next season my plan expired so I asked what they would give me if I re-up for 2 more years, they gave me new equipment including the genie and 2 seasons of Sunday ticket for free! All you have to do is bitch and complain and they will give it to you.

ohiorams

Rookie
First year they gave to me for free when I signed up for a 2yr plan. Next season I called and said I couldn't afford to pay for it but I would love to have it. They dropped the price down to $9.99 a month but I said it's still to much. I let them no I wouldn't be a customer after my plan expired if I didn't have Sunday ticket so the guy said ok. The next season my plan expired so I asked what they would give me if I re-up for 2 more years, they gave me new equipment including the genie and 2 seasons of Sunday ticket for free! All you have to do is bitch and complain and they will give it to you.

You mean more sweet talk sort of than bitch at them I think.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I'm going on my 3rd year with direct tv and still free they even threw in maxx for free for the last two.If I have to pay for it next year i will since I got it for 3 years free i won't mind.Because once you have it you won't want to be without it.Direct tv are like drug dealers in a way they give it to you for free to start knowing that you will get hooked and want more and it works.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Last time I threatened to cancel they sent me to the cancellation department. They called my bluff. They know I want to keep the Sunday ticket and now I pay 30 bucks a month. :mad:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly think its worth every penny but this year I couldnt afford it. So I did what I heard about. I tried 3x and each time got the same run around. Last try they offered me $30 off my bill for 12 months which effectively pays for it. I told them that still wasnt good enough and after being on hold for 1 minutes they came back and gave me the ticket for free and the $30 per month discount.
I forgot about the max package, and agreed to the deal first. So I ended up paying $100 for it. All in all a good deal

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Last time I threatened to cancel they sent me to the cancellation department. They called my bluff. They know I want to keep the Sunday ticket and now I pay 30 bucks a month. :mad:
It happens but just hang up and call again. A lot of the employees don't seem to care about giving it away for free.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I honestly think its worth every penny but this year I couldnt afford it. So I did what I heard about. I tried 3x and each time got the same run around. Last try they offered me $30 off my bill for 12 months which effectively pays for it. I told them that still wasnt good enough and after being on hold for 1 minutes they came back and gave me the ticket for free and the $30 per month discount.
I forgot about the max package, and agreed to the deal first. So I ended up paying $100 for it. All in all a good deal
That's the trick just don't give up they will give in trust me.