Final OldSchool 2017 mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Not changing much from the last one really and not going to pretty it up much.

Round 2 pick 5:

Chris Godwin WR Penn St.

Don't think Engram will be there like most people want and for me Godwin is the best WR to take in round 2. I could be happy with alternate picks of Zay Jones or Kupp

Round 3 pick 5:

Akhello Witherspoon CB Colorado

For me one of the best 3 or 4 CB we could take in this draft regardless of round. Steps in and pushes EJ Gaines outside from day one opposite of TruJo

Round 4 pick 5:

George Kittle TE Iowa

Not changing much, I've been sold on this guy and this is a good spot to take him IMO. Pairs up nicely with Higbee.

Round 4 pick 35:

Chase Roullier C Wyoming

Been on him since day 1 and will go down on this ship.

Round 5 pick 5:

Damontee Kazee CB San Diego St

This is where our 2nd db comes in, could be a depth safety as well. Kazee is another that I was sold on lets keep the ball rolling. Holsey, Wilson and White are other CB options here.

Round 6 pick 5:

Keionta Davis DE Tenn-Chattannooga

Somebody I did a little study on for our ROD mock with the Bengals picks. Like this kid and he could be a good developmental DE.

Round 6 pick 22:

Chad Williams WR Grambling

I went with Davis in my last mock but I'm changing it to somebody we've reportedly met with multiple times. This guy has some blazing speed, which Snead and McVay have hinted is a direction we're going. Also mixes in good size and strength, did 22 reps on the press as a WR!

Round 7 pick 16:

Storm Norton OT Toledo

A change from my past mocks for him I'll just quote his NFL.com profile for info on him. He's got size but has work to do with Coach Kromer.

STRENGTHS
Tall tackle with extremely long legs and arms are well above average for the position at over 35 inches long. Adequate foot quickness in his pass slides. Blocks with good arm extension and utilizes length as a recovery tool when beaten. Better lateral movement than expected. Able to pull and lead block in power. Combo blocks feature strong secure and fluid climb to second level target. Needs more knee bend, but lands at a high rate in space. Mirrors in pass sets with good balance and good posture.
WEAKNESSES
Plays from a two-point stance in Toledo offense. Will have to learn to play from three-point stance and fire out of his stance with better bend. Steps are slow and stiff into his first contact. Hands are strong but placement is too wide. Opponents will land first and jolt him due to natural leverage deficiency because of his height. High-cut frame creates anchor imbalance. Below average redirect against inside counters.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7-PFA
NFL COMPARISON
Pace Murphy

Adding 2 WR one who could step in right away and contribute the other is a speed guy with some work to do. Add a complimentary TE as well as our Center of the future and a OT to develop. Defense added IMO two very good CB one to play right away and the other will be a ST force and work in his snaps. Also added youth and depth in a DT. We can resign Alexander and Joyner and this gives us a very good and young secondary going forward for Wades defense. Norton could take over next year for GRob and Roullier might take over this year for Sullivan. Anyways see you guys in chat tomorrow for Round 1!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Almost exactly what I hope happens. I would like to see us come away with a LB in this draft though

Limey

Rookie
I like it a lot. I might swap one or two of the players for others in the same/similar position, but I would happily take this.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How can you not like an offensive tackle with the name of Storm? On Chase Roullier not posting I don't like the kid, but @OldSchool could sell ice to an Eskimo.

If Engram is gone, it will come down to Godwin or Zay Jones IMHO....Both worthy, Godwin big game player in college and Jones only dropped like 4 of 164.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Almost exactly what I hope happens. I would like to see us come away with a LB in this draft though
I agree with the olb and wanted to add one. If I had one more pick it'd be that. Or I'd take one over the 2nd wr or cb.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Watt and Godwin were on the board when the Rams picked would you still go with Godwin?
Very tough for me I like Watt a lot but Godwin as much when you couple the need factor. I'd almost be tempted at that point to trade down as long as it wasn't in division or conference.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Very tough for me I like Watt a lot but Godwin as much when you couple the need factor. I'd almost be tempted at that point to trade down as long as it wasn't in division or conference.

Again.....we are thinking the same way lol.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Wow OS, your draft looks very similar to mine.....ha, ha. Godwin, Witherspoon, Kittle, Williams, I like Toth but would be happy Roullier; agree totally with Chad Williams and his development, potential. Great job....hope it works out this way!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No chance we'll go wr tomorrow with 37....

@flv

any type of bet like this?

Love the players tho ole school.

Speaking of which....we have Austin, Cooper, Thomas, and....Woods....what are we gonna do, keep 6 wideouts? Cut some TE's? Hemingway, Higbee, Harkey are under contract....add Kittles too...that's 10 receiving options. Seems like overkill.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

@flv

Speaking of which....we have Austin, Cooper, Thomas, and....Woods....what are we gonna do, keep 6 wideouts? Cut some TE's? Hemingway, Higbee, Harkey are under contract....add Kittles too...that's 10 receiving options. Seems like overkill.

We kept active on game days last year six WR and usually three TE with Hemingway inactive a lot. Let's see 46 active on game days three ST takes us to 43. Two QB, 8 OLine, 3 TE, 3 RB, six WR. It's possible that could happen especially with more emphasis on the passing game. One could be inactive on game day for a 4th RB all depends on the return game and ST. Keep in mind too that McVay has no ties to Cooper or Thomas. We may like them but the coach may like his draft picks more.

As for you no way WR at 37 never say never. Anything is possible in the NFL draft.

lockdnram21

Legend

@flv

None of those guys are proven except woods... U can put Austin in RB category imo