Final Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
2.5 (37) Zay Jones WR ECU (6'2 201)
1abf4e878684d6b2ad1c17b337cbaabe

FBS record holder with 399 receptions. A lot of bubble screens and dump offs, but you can't help the scheme you play in. I think he has talent to run the entire route tree and stretch the field as his 4.45 forty time shows. I've seen a few mocks with Corey Davis falling to the Rams, and if he or Forrest Lamp fall to 37 I'd cry if they passed on them.

3.5 (69) Shaquill Griffin CB UCF (6' 194)
usa_today_9723663.0.jpg

Aggressive outside corner that is good in bump and run coverage and solid in run support. Ran fast and shows off athleticism but could be more consistent in leverage.

4.5 (112) Bucky Hodges TE VT (6'6 257)
bucky-hodges-ncaa-football-pittsburgh-virginia-tech-590x900.jpg

Hodges is a freak athlete that is raw at the position, but there is too much talent and upside not to utilize him early on. He can line up inside, outside, or be moved around the formation. There is just too much potential for him.

4.34 (141) TJ Logan RB UNC (5'9 196)
T+J+Logan+Cincinnati+v+North+Carolina+3vShJRSHOUIl.jpg

A bit of a surprise pick for the Rams, but I think the Rams will be looking for more big plays. Lance Dunbar is a better receiving option for the moment, but is known to be a little beaten up at times. Adding depth and bringing him in for kick return responsibilities will give the Rams another explosive weapon. Also considered plugging in a bigger back like Brian Hill here, but I believe the Rams will still have Gurley handle the short yardage and goal line situations.

5.5 (149) Ifeadi Odenigbo PRS NW (6'3 258)
Ifeadi+Odenigbo+JzfvlIdg_ghm.jpg

Raw athlete has pass rush potential. Adding depth in a scheme change and could possibly fight for starting time next year. Raw prospect with physical talent. Not very good against the run, and needs to improve leverage when being reached. Special Teamer/Situational guy in year one.

6.5 (189) Dylan Cole ILB Missouri St (6'1 240)
ColeMSU.jpg

Big strong linebacker who can play the run. Really instinctive and straight line athlete with explosive potential. His pro day he did 32 reps and jumped a 39in vert, and an unofficial 4.52 forty. Not the best in coverage but the Rams will need depth inside. Could be a solid backup and core special teamer.

6.22 (206) Brad Seaton OT NOVA (6'7 310)
october-22-2016villanova-wildcats-offensive-lineman-brad-seaton-picture-id617821512

Solid athleticism and a project swing tackle who could develop in a year or two. Needs to get stronger but has size to play in NFL.

7.5 (234) JJ Dielman C UTAH (6'5 309)
dielman-of-the-utah-utes-prepares-to-run-play-during-the-first-half-picture-id604430802

Former RT moved inside because of his shorter arms. Has good positional athleticism, but still needs to add strength if he wants to make a team. Could be a practice squad guy with backup interior potential. Will work in our zone run scheme.

2 receiving threats, a outside corner, depth at RB/KR, Situational/ST defenders, and some developmental OL in a weak class. Obviously we cant predict any major slides, but I'm really looking forward to this weekend and some of the areas the Rams feel like they need to cover.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I like the Zay Jones pick, but I think most of the others are overvalued.. CB Shaq Griffin is not a player I would consider before the 6th round. Many people have been talking about him and he's been moving up some boards but I don't see it. First, there isn't much tape on the guy. Second, what I see in the tape below are 2 plays in a row that he makes poor reads and finds himself in a trail position with the second play resulting in a 75 yard TD. There are other better CB's available in the 3rd & 4th round.

At the 3:15 mark, he plays a deeper zone with his slot CB next to him playing the short route. This coverage is a pattern if you watch a few of the preceding plays.He allows the slot receiver to run past him. And, this is against Arkansas State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVrAs_GSD20&t=203s

Shane Grandle

TE in a OT body
Name
RamsDCrep
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the Zay Jones pick, but I think most of the others are overvalued.. CB Shaq Griffin is not a player I would consider before the 6th round. Many people have been talking about him and he's been moving up some boards but I don't see it. First, there isn't much tape on the guy. Second, what I see in the tape below are 2 plays in a row that he makes poor reads and finds himself in a trail position with the second play resulting in a 75 yard TD. There are other better CB's available in the 3rd & 4th round.

At the 3:15 mark, he plays a deeper zone with his slot CB next to him playing the short route. This coverage is a pattern if you watch a few of the preceding plays.He allows the slot receiver to run past him. And, this is against Arkansas State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVrAs_GSD20&t=203s

It was a route swap and he didn't read it fast enough. Literally the two plays before this are impressive pass breakups. And then the touchdown he gives up is he out outside responsibility and he was supposed to have help on the inside. I'd be mind blown if he made it to the 5th or 6th round, I'd be surprised if he made it to the 4th.

I think there is a talented player there who schematically fits the system. But I'm just very excited to see if any players take a drastic slide.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There will be better cornerback options in round 3 than Griffin IMO. I also think there will be better TE options than Hodges. I hope so anyway.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I like most of these players....I actually like Griffin in the 3rd. I'd like to think Logan will be available later...JJ Dielman is a special player too. I thought he may be an udfa. The only player I'm not familiar with is the rush guy from Northwestern....Ifeadi Odenigbo.

Good job.