Final Cuts are starting!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Y'all better chill. CoachO has more than one list...

6a00e54ee7b6428833014e891bbe82970d-500wi

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This isn't 20/20 hindsight because I've already said this but just one more reason why I didn't like the pick of Tre Mason. I actually like Watts better that Mason but we're not cutting a 3rd round pick are we.
Watts has nice vision. He looks like a player you could develop to me.

Mason was great value there, but many on this board felt that there was value there at other positions more in need. I love our depth and competition there. My only thing with our RB's is that none of them are guys who you can put in there when your down 10 points and need to open up your offense. We need a guy who can catch and read a blitz. We're not gonna line up Tavon back there play after play.

I'm watching the San Diego Chargers cuts closely :sneaky:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I happen to find it pretty cool that CoachO has a list. It would be wrong of him to release that information before the Rams do, so I'm cool with it.

After all the time CoachO spent at training camp, I wouldnt be surprised if he helped in the making of the list he has.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Rams cut 17 players but Michael Sam is not one of them:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...17-players-but-none-of-them-were-michael-sam/

Michael Sam became the reality show of the NFL Draft weekend, as the nation waited to see if someone would draft an openly gay player.

It appears draft weekend could turn out the same way.

According to Tom Pelissero of USA Today, the Rams have cut 17 players today, but none of them were Sam.

Among the cuts were defensive linemen Kourtnei Brown and Deantre Harlan, along with sixth-round quarterback Garrett Gilbert and seventh-round tackleMitchell Van Dyk.

That would move them to 58, with five cuts to go to the limit.

And the world will be watching to see if Sam makes history.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Maybe it was self serving, I didn't intend for it to come across like that. I appreciate that so many on here have liked my Reports. I guess I was just letting people know, that I do have some knowledge of what I am reporting on, that goes beyond what I see with my own eyes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm fine,,, I just dont want to play this 20 questions thing. I'm sure they are waiting to inform the players before they release the names to the media. I do know that the players who have been cut outright have already been told, and most are on their way home. They have already identified the guys they want to add to the PS, so those guys are not so quick to be given their plane tickets.

And NO, I won't give out any info on which is which, even if those guys names have already been announced. Mainly because it could quite possibly change based on who the final guys end up being.

Yep. Guys who they're considering for the PS are basically put in a holding pattern. Totally understand on the not divulging part. Think a lot of people overlook the human element of it all.

For the guys being cut, it's one of the worst days in their lives. No reason to leak a rumor that a guy will be cut and put that sort of misery on him when he's actually made it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm fine,,, I just dont want to play this 20 questions thing. I'm sure they are waiting to inform the players before they release the names to the media. I do know that the players who have been cut outright have already been told, and most are on their way home. They have already identified the guys they want to add to the PS, so those guys are not so quick to be given their plane tickets.

And NO, I won't give out any info on which is which, even if those guys names have already been announced. Mainly because it could quite possibly change based on who the final guys end up being.

If you didn't want to play 20 questions, you wouldn't have divulged info that you had a source. Now everyone wants to know. Don't want to get pestered in this situation? Don't release information like that.

Love your insight on practices, and appreciate all your hard work. But it comes off as attention seeking when you do it in the way that you did.

Nonetheless this has turned into a great cut thread.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
No offense CoachO, but I don't think anybody likes the "I know something that you don't know, but I'm not going to tell you" game. It's not very fun.

Have to disagree with you on this one. Sometimes you have to protect your sources if you want to keep them. I for one appreciate all that CoachO provides and have a full appreciation of not being able to tell everything you know.

Be happy there is someone with good ties to the Rams organization that can provide better deeper insight that you're not getting elsewhere.

Alan

Legend
Dieter the Brock liking Mason's running ability:
one day Mason is going to bust a huge run that makes us all thank the day we picked him up.
Watts who showed well in just one pre-season game
A couple of things here:
Unless Mason learns how to pass block, which we've yet to see, we'll never see that huge impressive run.
Watts wasn't just impressive in the last game and he did it with our third string O-line. How'd mason look running behind that line against the Phins?

Having said that, I like mason's running skills too. Wish he could pass block like Watts though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Come on, let's not go here. Who cares if he has a list. Gee wiz.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If you didn't want to play 20 questions, you wouldn't have divulged info that you had a source. Now everyone wants to know. Don't want to get pestered in this situation? Don't release information like that.

Love your insight on practices, and appreciate all your hard work. But it comes off as attention seeking when you do it in the way that you did.

Nonetheless this has turned into a great cut thread.

Yeah, cuz that's all I am after. Love the attention. Seriously?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Rams have a list too, are you guys mad at them? Seriously, personal attacks are not cool.

jjab360

Legend
Maybe it was self serving, I didn't intend for it to come across like that. I appreciate that so many on here have liked my Reports. I guess I was just letting people know, that I do have some knowledge of what I am reporting on, that goes beyond what I see with my own eyes.
Okay fair enough, I didn't mean to come off like a dick about it. Of course I can understand not giving out the list because of the sources you got it from and the kids who deserve to hear it directly from the team. I just didn't understand why mention it in the first place, but it doesn't matter anymore now obviously.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I like CoachO's information and if he chooses not to disclose, it's fine, he's being loyal to his source, not us, and IMO, that's the right thing to do. We've learned plenty with his hints. And, for the love of all we'll know more by end of day, tomorrow and next Tuesday.