Feelings Toward OLD/NEW LA fans..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have thought about this for some time and since that its a slow time, why not discuss? Been a fan a long time and have endured adversity having lived in hostile areas where the home teams twere very successful, I endured abuse wearing Rams gear for 19 years, which was fine. A lot of fans quit being Rams fans when they left LA..and then later left Orange County for St Louis. Now that the Rams are back, some former Rams fans that had become Raiders, Cowboys, 49ers, and other teams fans from 1995-2015....are going to become fans again because they are geographically close to the team....I know the team needs dollars from every type of fan, fairweather or long enduring ones. I also understand that when a team moves away, it's not exactly being a fairweather fan,,,,,,,It just has the feeling of working at a company that had endured hard times for twenty years, the company decides to rehire employees that had quit during the hard times..and now they make more money per hour than you.......

I am probably the only one that feels this way.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
For me, the Rams leaving Calif. never made any difference. I'm poor, always have been, I couldn't afford to go to games in LA, St. Louis or China. Where they play never mattered and still doesn't. If I get to go to a game in LA or Inglewood, it will be because someone gives me a ticket. Always has been about the team, not where they call home.
When the Rams moved to St. Louis, I didn't care one iota, I knew I could still see their games on TV.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am probably the only one that feels this way.

Loyalty it is my greatest strength and weakness.....Many of us have been through quite a bit as Ram fans, it's par for the course. Better times ahead IMHO and my hope is with multiple Super Bowls there will be plenty of room on the bandwagon everyone is welcomed as we all party like it's 1999.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me, the Rams leaving Calif. never made any difference. I'm poor, always have been, I couldn't afford to go to games in LA, St. Louis or China. Where they play never mattered and still doesn't. If I get to go to a game in LA or Inglewood, it will be because someone gives me a ticket. Always has been about the team, not where they call home.
When the Rams moved to St. Louis, I didn't care one iota, I knew I could still see their games on TV.

It's funny. I live about 500 miles away from St Louis now, and have a Large Savings Bottle with a Rams logo, that I saved pennies in...I thought, "When I get $500 saved up, I'll cash them in and go see a game in St Louis" We have a home based business that requires physical work everyday, which my wife can't do. Plus, I felt guilty taking money (aside from the pennies) from the family budget that my wife would not be apart of, just to see game and all the expnses of the trip. Now they are gone, and I seriously doubt that I will ever see a game in person, again. But hey, i have an HD TV and a HDTV laptop, so I have a better viewing experience than if I was in the stadium. Only part I will miss, is being with other fans......

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
If it will make you feel any better LoyalRam, the last NFL game I went to, Chargers/Raiers at QualCom in SD, (my niece treated me). It wasn't a very good experience. I'm pushing 65, so I don't have the patience I used to. After spending 20$ to park, we walked a mile to get to our seats. During the game, every time there was a good play every one stood up, and me being 5'6", I couldn't see. I got beer spilled down my back, put up with foul language, drunks fighting in the isles (charger vs Raider fans). I had to pee, so going to the mens room I missed almost a whole qtr besides having to stand in a puddle of piss and puke. 10$ beers and 6$ hotdogs.

I guess I'm either too old or just not cut out for the live experience, I'd rather watch a game on my big screen HD TV from my Barco-Lounger, drink Fosters or Stella Rosa and eat Shish-Ka-Bobs off the grill and never miss a play with instant replay, piss break between plays and never miss a down.

I guess if I had money and could afford a suite I might enjoy going to the stadium, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm perfectly happy watching the game from home, which is why it never really mattered to me where the Rams play.

Big Game

Living The Dream
It's funny. I live about 500 miles away from St Louis now, and have a Large Savings Bottle with a Rams logo, that I saved pennies in...I thought, "When I get $500 saved up, I'll cash them in and go see a game in St Louis" We have a home based business that requires physical work everyday, which my wife can't do. Plus, I felt guilty taking money (aside from the pennies) from the family budget that my wife would not be apart of, just to see game and all the expnses of the trip. Now they are gone, and I seriously doubt that I will ever see a game in person, again. But hey, i have an HD TV and a HDTV laptop, so I have a better viewing experience than if I was in the stadium. Only part I will miss, is being with other fans......

Hey Buddy when the Rams visit locations like Chicago, Indy, or Tennessee just make a short road trip to catch them live (y)(y)(y)(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
But hey, i have an HD TV and a HDTV laptop, so I have a better viewing experience than if I was in the stadium. Only part I will miss, is being with other fans......
Except for when I was in the service, I have lived in California all my Life, and this ^ is how I felt when the Rams went to St. Louis. I have been a Fan since 1951 and will Die a Fan!! I don't care where they are at!! They are MY Team!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@bubbaramfan I feel you man.... I had to laugh...the bathroom....the walk...the $12 beer...too funny....I just eat and drink at the tailgate man...pee b4 the game...at the half only...and don't leave until they throw you out....less traffic...and always buy the nosebleed seats at the worst game...from a scalper...in the 2nd quarter....

fearsomefour

Legend
When the Rams left for St Louis it killed me. With a Super Bowl title quickly coming to the Midwest....well, I was happy, but those "new" Ram fans had t suffered. Funny how that turned out.
I have found Ram fans, regardless of which version of the team got them on board are a good lot.
LA, St Louis? I don't care. Just be a good, loyal Ram fan and you are good in my book.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
St. Louis is only 6 hours for me, but even with that I only got to go to a game once. Being too young, school, then college kinda took priorities. Plus, I wasn't in the market even though STL Cards game get broadcast here. Dallas and KC were and still are the top markets. So it's not like I'm missing anything now they are out west. That said, I will miss their small-market appeal.

Your right about tv, makes things much easier.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Except for when I was in the service, I have lived in California all my Life, and this ^ is how I felt when the Rams went to St. Louis. I have been a Fan since 1951 and will Die a Fan!! I don't care where they are at!! They are MY Team!!!

Well said you old fuck. :)

@LACHAMP46 I see I am going to have to teach you how to buy from a scalper. You probably don't know this but I am legendary. I flew into STL many times to attend Herd Board get togethers (epic tailgates put on by "Signman124") and never bought a ticket ahead of time, always sat in premium seats and usually paid half face value. Even when they were not sucking dog balls!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Cool topic @52 I have seen a lot. Didn't like the move to the big A, got over it pretty quick not that big of inconvenience and a more civil atmosphere. The move to St Louis killed me maybe considered rooting on another team for a fleeting moment but literally disliked every other team. I never missed a beat I have watched pretty much every game for my whole life except when they were blacked out. I remember sitting in the driveway of my grandparents house on fuzzy AM radio in a 75 pinto by myself at 12 years old. These topics always drum up fun memories of my insane commitment to this team. The older I get the more I realize that life should bring as much pleasure as possible without victimizing others. Be a fan as hard or often as you want, back whomever you desire. Life is short and Sports are just entertainment.
That's my advice, but me I am in to deep I will only ever follow the RAMS ANYWHERE. Not even shitty ownership can chase me away.

fearsomefour

Legend
Cool topic @52 I have seen a lot. Didn't like the move to the big A, got over it pretty quick not that big of inconvenience and a more civil atmosphere. The move to St Louis killed me maybe considered rooting on another team for a fleeting moment but literally disliked every other team. I never missed a beat I have watched pretty much every game for my whole life except when they were blacked out. I remember sitting in the driveway of my grandparents house on fuzzy AM radio in a 75 pinto by myself at 12 years old. These topics always drum up fun memories of my insane commitment to this team. The older I get the more I realize that life should bring as much pleasure as possible without victimizing others. Be a fan as hard or often as you want, back whomever you desire. Life is short and Sports are just entertainment.
That's my advice, but me I am in to deep I will only ever follow the RAMS ANYWHERE. Not even crappy ownership can chase me away.
I had season tickets in the Big A....terrible stadium to watch football.
There are no square angles. The field and yard markers always seemed to be at an angle. Strange set up.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Well said you old freak. :)

@LACHAMP46 I see I am going to have to teach you how to buy from a scalper. You probably don't know this but I am legendary. I flew into STL many times to attend Herd Board get togethers (epic tailgates put on by "Signman124") and never bought a ticket ahead of time, always sat in premium seats and usually paid half face value. Even when they were not sucking dog balls!

Teach me Obi Wan!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What is the Hacksaw Reynolds story with Charles Risenbloom ?? Was he like the first(one of)free agent in sports ?
I was just talking right now about how I not disrespect Ram fans from St. Louis.

My feeling towards The Rams moving was not that bad only because Geogia all ready did her thing. She ran the team into the dumps & let the 49ers take over the NFC West after all those years of dominance.
The move back is pretty cool because this is where The Rams belong.
I get to enjoy them back at UCI when I tried to go see them in training camp back in the day.
Remember them at Blairfield practicing as well.As a kid in early 70's liked Oakland teams because they were on all the time.I liked the lefties of Vida Blue & The Snake. Plus those teams had some great character players.Real cool teams.
-- The blackouts sucked & Ram Fans were protesting.I thought Ram Fans were going to force her out.Stan was the one to take the team to ST. Louis. His 40% was what did it,& the stadium deal that St. Louis fans paid for.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I felt like my heart was ripped out when they left LA. My take on Georgia was very similar to what I see from the STL fans with Stan: I hated her all the way through the remainder of her time as owner. But in the end I just couldn't drop the team and I am glad because the GSoT era might have been nearly as painful as the move if I had dropped them.

I think this team is poised for good things. This roster is stocked with talent, and their resurgence is going to start with a fast and aggressive defense paired with a strong OL and run game. IMO the wins are going to start rolling in and Rams fans are going to enjoy another golden era that hopefully lasts longer than the one Shaw and Georgia mismanaged the moment they got some success.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Anyone who switched to another team just because they moved to St. Louis was never a real fan anyways. I fart in their general direction.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone who switched to another team just because they moved to St. Louis was never a real fan anyways. I fart in their general direction.

Say what you want. Smell as you do .
If your asking about LA fans v's Rams fan it is a different story. There are going to be a hole new fan base coming into this season & beyond.The Rams franchise has sucked more often than not once Georgia stopped paying her players.
Al Davis was a joke as well. Just saw the Marcus Allen Raiders story. I remember how Al did the same with Steve Berlin .
I stayed true , but there are going to be old Ram fans that were Chargers fans as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
New Ram fans are the fans that have never even seen pro football in LA. Two decades of new fans that will be added.