Favre on Austin Davis: "He can be the next Brady or Warner"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not sure why anyone feels the need to belittle Bradford to make a case for Davis. Both are Ram QBs.

I agree with this and I hope my posts are not contributing to that. My feelings are that it's time to move on and I felt that way before Davis decided to show up and play.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
If Davis can last a whole season and put together a good season vs. Arizona twice, Seattle twice, SF twice, SD, Denver, KC and the rest our "toughest" schedule....well, it makes it very difficult to see the benefit of bringing Bradford back. I am a Bradford guy. But, the rubber is meeting the road.
Not to mention ...they won't truly know how ready Sam Bradford's knee really is until it will be too late for salary cap purposes. With his upcoming cap # next yr and the knee ... I can't see him sticking unless he takes a MAJOR pay cut ... and that also comes from a Bradford supporter :) I think you're right ... it's time to move on.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
If Davis can last a whole season and put together a good season vs. Arizona twice, Seattle twice, SF twice, SD, Denver, KC and the rest our "toughest" schedule....well, it makes it very difficult to see the benefit of bringing Bradford back. I am a Bradford guy. But, the rubber is meeting the road.
Not to mention ...they won't truly know how ready Sam Bradford's knee really is until it will be too late for salary cap purposes. With his upcoming cap # next yr and the knee ... I can't see him sticking unless he takes a MAJOR pay cut ... and that also comes from a Bradford supporter :) I think you're right ... it's time to move on.

Tweed335

UDFA
I absolutely love the fact that Davis is an UDFA!

But, I also love Sam's pedigree as a no. 1 overall out of OU.

At this moment today, I'm intrigued by Davis. I think the most obvious question is, 'is Davis the future or a stopgap for the future draft pick?'

As it stands today I say bolster OL or LB in round 1 and take best QB in 2nd, assuming BPA isn't overwhelmingly awesome any other position.

Now, imo, all that being said I completely agree with those saying the talent of this squad is far beyond any team in the last 6 years at least. And I truly feel Davis' starting record would be boosted had the D stepped up a few games.

If the D steps up this weekend, assuming the O's trend continues, then I think we roll back east with a W.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was a major proponent of choosing Mack at #2 overall. While Robinson while likely turn out to be good - how would Mack and Martin look on this team right now?

Right now arguable just as good if not better than Grob and Donald. Mack has been great especially against the run and Martin is being credited with much of the resurgence of the Cowboys Oline. I would be happy with that combo as well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see that happening.

I also think the Raiders are going to find a way to retain Wisniewski.

Why not? No good first round LBers this year?

And I am hoping Wisniewski wants out of the Raider mess. He has to be getting tired of he drama and coaching changes et al. Unless they franchise him?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not? No good first round LBers this year?

And I am hoping Wisniewski wants out of the Raider mess. He has to be getting tired of he drama and coaching changes et al. Unless they franchise him?

I doubt they franchise a Center. Would have to pay him top 5 LT money.

I don't see a Patrick Willis or a Luke Kuechly in this class. Shaq Thompson is a freak athlete but he's not a Mike and is a bit raw. Kendricks, McKinney, and Perryman are all talented players but none are that type of prospect.

If we're looking for a potential Mike, Eric Kendricks is my guy right now but he's not a top half of the first round guy. He's more of a pick #25 to #50 type guy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I doubt they franchise a Center. Would have to pay him top 5 LT money.

I don't see a Patrick Willis or a Luke Kuechly in this class. Shaq Thompson is a freak athlete but he's not a Mike and is a bit raw. Kendricks, McKinney, and Perryman are all talented players but none are that type of prospect.

If we're looking for a potential Mike, Eric Kendricks is my guy right now but he's not a top half of the first round guy. He's more of a pick #25 to #50 type guy.

Who said the Rams are gonna be picking in the top half of the draft?:fighting:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I think the sky's the limit for this kid. He has the physical talent. Its about between the ears. We've seen that he has made mainly good decisions since being annointed the starter, and he still has a long way to go. While he's going through this learning curve though he's very fortunate to be surrounded by the most talented Rams offensive unit since 2006 (imo). If he does become the Rams QB beyond this season it will be nice to see him be able to grow with this young offensive unit w/guys like Quick, Bailey, Austin, Mason, Benny, Stacy, GRob, Barks, etc.