Favorite Breakfast Cereal Growing Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Reading through this thread, every time I read a new one, I could taste it.

I had sophisticated tastes... Kix, Rice Krispies with bananas, and the one to rule them all, Quisp.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@Prime Time - gotta add this one to the ROD HOF.

Why do you guys keep suggesting I add a quote to the Best ROD Quotes thread when that's supposed to be your job as well? :confused:

Yesterday morning I had Cocoa Puffs. This morning it was Cinnabon cereal. Tomorrow it's Cheerios. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I liked hot cereal like cream of wheat with gobs of butter and brown sugar.
Yeah, my mom used to make that for me too when I was real little.
I'd pour a jar of sugar on it with some butter, and try to fish out the lumps so I could chew on 'em.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
This morning I had maple hemp seed cereal. Almost busted a tooth. Man... why not just put maple rocks in the box?

Athos

Legend
Funny thing. Never ate cereal for breakfast as a kid. Had it for snacks.

Was more of a pop tart kid.

But......lets go with Crispix

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I just remembered a cereal that I really loved that I didn't think of before.

It had more to do with what I added to the cereal than the cereal itself though.

If you've never tried pouring Half-n-Half into your cereal instead of milk... you gotta try it.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I just remembered a cereal that I really loved that I didn't think of before.

It had more to do with what I added to the cereal than the cereal itself though.

If you've never tried pouring Half-n-Half into your cereal instead of milk... you gotta try it.
I always used to put half and half in my cereal as a kid. Now its 1% milk... Anyways my favorites have always been coco puffs, life cinnamon, raisin bran, fruit loops, and mini shredded wheat.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone ever try to eat the individual boxes of cereal by cutting open the box?
th

I could never get it to work right...

As a kid,
Crunch Berries
Frosted Flakes
Lucky Charms
And Frankenberry/Count Chocula

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Anyone remember Tang ?

The drink that Astronauts drink ?

I remember when I was a kid , we never really drank Tang , we usually always had Orange Juice or Milk with Nestle Quik as a kid , but I do remember that Tang tasted like crap

About a year ago , I got to wondering if they even still made Tang , or if anyplace around here sold it , and yep , Wal Mart had it , and yep , it still tastes like crap................lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Golden Crisp Story: Can’t Get Enough of that Golden Crisp.

Golden Crisp was introduced as Sugar Crisp in 1949, and is still known by that name in Canada. But no matter what you call this satisfyingly sweet and crunchy puffed wheat cereal, as Sugar Bear says, “Can’t get enough of that Golden Crisp.”

Sugar Bear’s Legacy of Cool
Since the cereal debuted, Sugar Bear, a chill bear with a cool swagger, has embodied the brand. Sugar Bear was voiced by Gerry Matthews in the style of Bing Crosby or Dean Martin for 40 years, during which time he was known to croon the jingle, “Can’t Get Enough of That Golden Crisp.”

Sugar Bear went from hip to hero in the 1980s, turning into “Super Bear” when he ate Golden Crisp. Suitably, "It's got the crunch with punch” was added to the jingle.

Today, Sugar Bear is living the sweet life and entertaining fans on Facebook. LIKE his page to chill with him and see what he’s been up to.

ddY6Esi.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, my mom used to make that for me too when I was real little.
I'd pour a jar of sugar on it with some butter, and try to fish out the lumps so I could chew on 'em.
My Grandma used to give me rice with milk and sugar. It wasn't bad when the rice was still warm. I guess that was her generation's version of cereal when she was growing up? I remember it not being bad at all but I guess that had a lot to do with the SUGAR!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Old fashioned plan granola or grape nuts mixed with yogurt.

Even when I was a kid, as much as I liked sugar cereals as I was eating them, I knew food was fuel.

Since I was 9, I had to get everywhere by myself. I had to put all my own baseball equipment in a paper grocery bag and ride with it on my crappy bike miles to practice, so I got really clear really quick that crappy sugar cereals weren't great fuel.

Grape Nuts /w yogurt, granola, wheaties...

Cuz when you have to ride home after the game or practice... Freakin' Count Chocula ain't gonna get you there...

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
1. Cinnamon toast crunch. Probably has the best tasting milk afterwards too.

2. Count Chocula. Just picked up a box of it today. Didn't know it was back already this year!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I preferred cereal with bananas and the two best for that were Rice Crispies and Rice Chex.

There used to be a cereal that came before Honey nut Cheerios. I think it was called honey Bran maybe? It looked like Cheerios but it was much better than HN Cheerios.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coco Pops in blighty and Lucky Charms in the U, S of A.

51egypslIJL.jpg