Fatal police shooting in Missouri sparks protests

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I find it both funny and sad how people find fault or divisiveness in only the side that they disagree with politically. It's either every single person identified with the left or with the right, depending on who you're talking to. And they tell you this in all seriousness, without ever realizing how transparent they are. I'm used to seeing politicians with agendas, but this trend lately of normal people having agendas or using "talking points" is getting pathetic.
Nixon called for a "vigorous" prosecution,IOW HE has made a judgement ,and BTW the pols "agenda" is supposed to be the agenda of the "normal people" we are supposed to care enough to actually know something about what we vote for,kindly enlighten us of the "talking points " you find funny and sad in my posts.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
The killing of a guy in a Wal-Mart with a bb gun is looking much worse than this one.

But it's past that now. I doubt it'll matter if Brown did attack the officer because they won't believe it. Truth is what you believe.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Nixon called for a "vigorous" prosecution,IOW HE has made a judgement ,and BTW the pols "agenda" is supposed to be the agenda of the "normal people" we are supposed to care enough to actually know something about what we vote for,kindly enlighten us of the "talking points " you find funny and sad in my posts.

Who said I was talking about you? I didn't quote anyone. If you feel like what I said applies to you, than maybe it does. You seem awful defensive.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Who said I was talking about you? I didn't quote anyone. If you feel like what I said applies to you, than maybe it does. You seem awful defensive.
Give examples of whatever your talking about then,you said it illustrate it

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Give examples of whatever your talking about then,you said it illustrate it

Turn on your TV at any given moment. The post I made was pretty clear. Are you expecting me to find you some examples or something? Does it really need illustrating? Just watch the news on this riot, you'll see what I'm referring to. I'm sorry you seem to feel like I'm talking about you, but that's not my problem.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A motorcycle cop smelled pot? What...we're they stopped at a signal?
No...he "pulled them over".
This is pure unadulterated racial profiling bullcrap.

While I'm on the subject...six shots at Brown? If he was close enough to be a threat, pretty sorry shooting, and if he wasn't, why are you shooting at him.

Sick and tired of cops- sorry. They're out of control.
I'm not a big fan of cops because of my own personal experiences...but this is an article preaching some common sense, something that's obviously and apparently not very common these days in America's youth.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...-you-dont-want-to-get-hurt-dont-challenge-me/

Excerpt:
Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you. Don’t argue with me, don’t call me names, don’t tell me that I can’t stop you, don’t say I’m a racist pig, don’t threaten that you’ll sue me and take away my badge. Don’t scream at me that you pay my salary, and don’t even think of aggressively walking towards me. Most field stops are complete in minutes. How difficult is it to cooperate for that long?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Turn on your TV at any given moment. The post I made was pretty clear. Are you expecting me to find you some examples or something? Does it really need illustrating? Just watch the news on this riot, you'll see what I'm referring to. I'm sorry you seem to feel like I'm talking about you, but that's not my problem.
No it's not your problem and since you said you weren't I haven't intimated that you were, your post was the first after mine and i regarded it an answer ,now i know it wasn't but it still doesn't mean you couldn't put in some effort to substantiate that the rhetoric is political in nature ,saying something and then telling someone to go do your research to prove your point doesn't fly. Say it ----prove it,seems a reasonable standard rather than say it ,ask others to prove it for you.

I will say my post about Jay Nixon does lend some credence to your point though,for a Governor of the state to demand prosecution BEFORE the grand jury meets, add the fact that he is of the same political party as the President who ordered his Atty.Gen. to start an investigation preemptively ,when most times they wait until local investigations are finished indicates some possible political polarization of how this shooting is going to be seen and even treated by investigation agencies under the pervue of the two highest ranking executives governing it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not a big fan of cops because of my own personal experiences...but this is an article preaching some common sense, something that's obviously and apparently not very common these days in America's youth.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...-you-dont-want-to-get-hurt-dont-challenge-me/

Excerpt:
Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you. Don’t argue with me, don’t call me names, don’t tell me that I can’t stop you, don’t say I’m a racist pig, don’t threaten that you’ll sue me and take away my badge. Don’t scream at me that you pay my salary, and don’t even think of aggressively walking towards me. Most field stops are complete in minutes. How difficult is it to cooperate for that long?

Chris Rock has his own take on this type of thing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
But it's past that now. I doubt it'll matter if Brown did attack the officer because they won't believe it. Truth is what you believe.

I mentioned this earlier. By now many people are past the point of no return. Anything new that comes out now won't matter. Minds are made up and there's no going back. If any new facts come out that supports the cop mainstream media won't report it.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I mentioned this earlier. By now many people are past the point of no return. Anything new that comes out now won't matter. Minds are made up and there's no going back. If any new facts come out that supports the cop mainstream media won't report it.
They were FWIW made up before the shooting happened in way too many cases,and further THAT alone may be why it happened

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
No it's not your problem and since you said you weren't I haven't intimated that you were, your post was the first after mine and i regarded it an answer ,now i know it wasn't but it still doesn't mean you couldn't put in some effort to substantiate that the rhetoric is political in nature ,saying something and then telling someone to go do your research to prove your point doesn't fly. Say it ----prove it,seems a reasonable standard rather than say it ,ask others to prove it for you.

I will say my post about Jay Nixon does lend some credence to your point though,for a Governor of the state to demand prosecution BEFORE the grand jury meets, add the fact that he is of the same political party as the President who ordered his Atty.Gen. to start an investigation preemptively ,when most times they wait until local investigations are finished indicates some possible political polarization of how this shooting is going to be seen and even treated by investigation agencies under the pervue of the two highest ranking executives governing it.

But there's nothing to prove, it's my impression of society tendencies today. I don't understand what you are looking for me to prove. There's no research, no rhetoric. You haven't noticed that our newscasters have talking points lined up before facts? That your friends, family, and coworkers opinions are fluid depending on how they voted in the last election? Never noticed how they argued an issue when they voted Bush, and then changed when they went Obama? Dont find it funny that one side is a shining example of goodness, while the other side is evil, depending on which neighbor you're talking to? All I'm saying is all this is on great, pathetic display when watching the news on Ferguson. Let's face it, we don't need the interviewers. We already knowthe narrative depending on whose doing the interview.

That's all I was trying to say. snackdaddy has pretty much summed up what will happen next.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
But there's nothing to prove, it's my impression of society tendencies today. I don't understand what you are looking for me to prove. There's no research, no rhetoric. You haven't noticed that our newscasters have talking points lined up before facts? That your friends, family, and coworkers opinions are fluid depending on how they voted in the last election? Never noticed how they argued an issue when they voted Bush, and then changed when they went Obama? Dont find it funny that one side is a shining example of goodness, while the other side is evil, depending on which neighbor you're talking to? All I'm saying is all this is on great, pathetic display when watching the news on Ferguson. Let's face it, we don't need the interviewers. We already knowthe narrative depending on whose doing the interview.

That's all I was trying to say. snackdaddy has pretty much summed up what will happen next.
So you are then saying Nixons position on this is because he's a Dem. ?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
In part yes. I'm not as hard on Obama as some, but he also reacted in a predictable manner.
Sadly I agree,,FWIW this country is in dire need of leaders instead of politicians, I'm still not sure how this stuff went down ,a lot fits the cops story,but there has b een a lot of misinformation about the kids criminal record etc. and right now I don't fully know what to believe.
In the end I don't have to believe anything cuz it's not my responsibility to pass a judgement so for now IMA just watch and listen some more,take that tape in the c-store -is that the kid or not?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sadly I agree,,FWIW this country is in dire need of leaders instead of politicians, I'm still not sure how this stuff went down ,a lot fits the cops story,but there has b een a lot of misinformation about the kids criminal record etc. and right now I don't fully know what to believe.
In the end I don't have to believe anything cuz it's not my responsibility to pass a judgement so for now IMA just watch and listen some more,take that tape in the c-store -is that the kid or not?

I don't know what to believe either. All i know is that rioting before the facts are in is not the answer.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I don't know what to believe either. All i know is that rioting before the facts are in is not the answer.
It's never the answer ,if anything crystallizes an attitude that someone is subhuman it's subhuman behavior, police watch that happening and if they are prone to be racist gain reason in their minds to be that way,and with the preponderance of looters opportunists from other places traveling there for the purpose of doing it ,backlash is a pretty natural thought,it takes a real effort to not give in to it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The sad part going forward IF it turns out the cop was defending himself is he will never be exonerated in the media. This will always be referred to as a race incident even if it had nothing to do with race.

Even if he's 100% innocent, the entire extended family had better sell their homes and start over somewhere else. He can never be a cop again probably. Can you see the headlines if some other force hired him?

Then Brown's parents have to deal with all the injuries and damage done in their son's name and still have to deal with their son's death.