Evolution of Carl's Jr. & STUFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you eat more Carls/Hardees because of the advertisements?

• Don't know, I'm a clueless drone. The TV is my master.....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah...It's Friday.....and Yeah I like Carl's Jr....Well, I used to....But I love the commercials
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-evolution-of-the-carls-jr-ad-stars-2016-3

The evolution of the Carl's Jr. girl, from Paris Hilton to Hayden Panettiere
  • Kate Taylor
  • Mar. 26, 2016

• In 2016, Carl's Jr. and Hardee's want spokeswomen with both cleavage and complexity.
    "At one point in time, we were using 'Sports Illustrated' swimsuit models," Andy Puzder, CEO of Carl's Jr. and Hardee's parent company CKE Restaurants, told Business Insider. "Now, because of the impact of the millennial generation, we're probably using people who not only have been gifted genetically, but who also... work on a number of levels with our ads."

The latest of these multi-talented women is singer and 'Nashville' star Hayden Panettiere, who appears in the company's latest commercial, sensually chomping down on the new Midnight Moonshine Burger.

The burger chain's ads have gotten plenty of press for starring scantily clad women. Here's how the company's racy marketing strategy has evolved over the years.

A commercial starring Paris Hilton washing a car in a bikini while eating a burger created the blueprint for the brands, after the ad inspired protests and gained enough viewers to crash the Carl's Jr. website in 2005. The ad was so transformative to the brands that Carl's Jr. and Hardee's brought Hilton back for another commercial in 2014 that served as a homage to the 2005 ad.
    the-ad-was-so-transformative-to-the-brands-that-carls-jr-and-hardees-brought-hilton-back-for-another-commercial-in-2014-that-served-as-a-homage-to-the-2005-ad.jpg

CKE Restaurants and Don Flood

Model and 'Top Chef' host Padma Lakshmi scored a 2009 Carl's Jr. spot after shouting out the chain in her cookbook, 'Tangy, Tart, Hot and Sweet.'
    model-and-top-chef-host-padma-lakshmi-scored-a-2009-carls-jr-spot-after-shouting-out-the-chain-in-her-cookbook-tangy-tart-hot-and-sweet.jpg

Carl's Jr

Over time, the position of Carl's Jr. girl became an enviable role. When Kim Kardashian starred in an ad in 2009, Pudzer says it was after her mother, Kris, called him to push for her daughter to get the part.
    over-time-the-position-of-carls-jr-girl-became-an-enviable-role-when-kim-kardashian-starred-in-an-ad-in-2009-pudzer-says-it-was-after-her-mother-kris-called-him-to-push-for-her-daughter-to-get-the-part.jpg

YouTube/Carl's Jr.

While Carl's Jr. has aired some of the sexiest ads in the burger business, Pudzer says that boxer Ronda Rousey helped bring in a new era of stars with substance to the chain.

Panettiere's position as a singer and actor similarly distinguishes her as more than just "gifted genetically," to borrow Pudzer's phrase. A new era of Carl's Jr. girls is upon us, in which sensually eating a burger needs to be backed with a few other talents.
  • Be sure to click the link....It's much more...photo-inclusive. It didn't load the way I wanted it too.... ah well, anything to make ROD$$$$$$'s baby!
  • OTA's in 5 days

Last edited:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
They make a pretty tasty burger, it's hard to deny that. I gotta admit though, the marketing pitch isn't that effective on me. Halfway through, I realized eating a jalapeño thickburger was way more likely to drove lovely nubile twenty somethings away from me.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Two things...

1. I wish I could go back and slap my 14 year old self for ever thinking Paris Hilton was hot.

2. I love their ads. Even as a veggie, I love how they showoff their calorie, sodium packed burgers with half naked chick celebs. Basically giving the finger to all the easily offended types.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The only times I would ever eat at Carls is when I get those Buy 1, Get 1 free coupons. The quality of those burgers are adequate at best. But then again, fast food chains in America tend to cut corners in quality; same goes for any established corporation.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't have any Carl's by me. Love the commercials though

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Hardee's does have 1/3 pounder Mushroom and Swiss Burger I'm particularly fond of

Hardees_13_LB_Mushroom__Swiss_Thickburger_812006_i0.png